16171 81 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

fans110acd06 Posted at 2018-7-17 10:22
Thanks for updating the app to support OTG... Really appreciate

YES with the new SDK provided by DJI OTG is now currently supported in Red Waypoint
2018-7-17
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Red Waypoint Posted at 2018-7-17 12:25
YES with the new SDK provided by DJI OTG is now currently supported in Red Waypoint

Love the app, it’s really fun to use waypoints - thank you

OTG  with spark not working for me with your latest app, but works with dji app any suggestions?
2018-7-17
Use props
ViPatrik
lvl.3
Sweden

I just tested it a few minutes ago. Works great, I had only one issue or something. My spark just didn´t want to start one line mission. It flew to the first point and then just hovered there, but then I made a similar mission an that was ok.

But one thing I think can make dangerous situations: if you give an order to pointing the camera to a POI in the mission, the drone is going to point there from the first moment, I mean before it even reach the first point of the mission. That means it will fly sometimes sideways so it can´t see the trees for example if there are any trees between the drone and the first waypoint. Maybe that would be better if the drone flies always forward until the first waypoint and only after that turn on the POI.

The other thing, I didn´t find the any videos or photos after the test. I thought I check them from the original DJI GO app, but nothing. I only found them with my laptop. Strange, but fine
2018-7-20
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

dansmar Posted at 2018-7-17 21:57
Love the app, it’s really fun to use waypoints - thank you

OTG  with spark not working for me with your latest app, but works with dji app any suggestions?

Red Waypoint supports OTG since version 1.2
2018-7-23
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

ViPatrik Posted at 2018-7-20 03:03
I just tested it a few minutes ago. Works great, I had only one issue or something. My spark just didn´t want to start one line mission. It flew to the first point and then just hovered there, but then I made a similar mission an that was ok.

But one thing I think can make dangerous situations: if you give an order to pointing the camera to a POI in the mission, the drone is going to point there from the first moment, I mean before it even reach the first point of the mission. That means it will fly sometimes sideways so it can´t see the trees for example if there are any trees between the drone and the first waypoint. Maybe that would be better if the drone flies always forward until the first waypoint and only after that turn on the POI.

Hi ViPatrik!
Thanks for your comments!
Sometimes connectivity problems can make the aircraft hover in place and not continue the mission, also sometimes is due to strong wind. Missions can be configured in several modes, set AUTO mode to fly always forward. POI will always point to the desired POI Waypoint so it can move in all directions. Hold the RC in case you need to stop the mission just press the joystick or press the STOP Button(Emergency button) on the screen xD
Pictures and videos are not stored inside the Android device. You can access them in the SD card of the aircraft. In a future an interface for downloading images and videos from the aircraft to the android device will be implemented.
2018-7-23
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Hi I found it yesterday on the store, I will test it today.
2018-8-25
Use props
djiuser_sJuJhH8Yahue
New

Ok so i set up and saved a mission offline. Connected to drone, loaded mission, when i chose "take off" it says i have to be in "f" mode.  I have no idea what that is.  Im flying a mavic pro.
2018-9-12
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Why not compatible my Huawei mediapad T3 7" tablet?
Red waypoint comp.jpg
2018-9-12
Use props
ricrav
lvl.1
Italy

Great job Red, congratulations!!
Is it possible to set a constant shooting time (Like in DJI Go) during a mission, for photogrammetry use?
Thank you
2018-9-13
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

djiuser_sJuJhH8Yahue Posted at 2018-9-12 11:58
Ok so i set up and saved a mission offline. Connected to drone, loaded mission, when i chose "take off" it says i have to be in "f" mode.  I have no idea what that is.  Im flying a mavic pro.

Hi! You are the first user reporting this problem. First make shure not to be in "Sports Mode" S-Mode (Switch on the RC) when using Red Waypoint and wait until you get enough satellites. If you still have the same problem report it and we will make a deep analyze! Thanks!
2018-9-13
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-9-12 13:14
Why not compatible my Huawei mediapad T3 7" tablet?

It is a matter of compatibility the minimum Android version needed to run Red Waypoint is 5.0 (Lollipop).
In addition, the supported Android architectures are:armeabi-v7a, x86, arm64-v8a.
Sorry for the inconvenience
2018-9-13
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

ricrav Posted at 2018-9-13 06:52
Great job Red, congratulations!!
Is it possible to set a constant shooting time (Like in DJI Go) during a mission, for photogrammetry use?
Thank you

Of course! When you are in Online Mode, go to the first person View. And configure the AutoShot settings!
2018-9-13
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Red Waypoint Posted at 2018-9-13 09:41
It is a matter of compatibility the minimum Android version needed to run Red Waypoint is 5.0 (Lollipop).
In addition, the supported Android architectures are:armeabi-v7a, x86, arm64-v8a.
Sorry for the inconvenience
Other reason?

Google play searching not enable Red waypoint
Screenshot_2018-09-13-23-22-36.png
2018-9-13
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Is it free?
2018-9-13
Use props
ricrav
lvl.1
Italy

Red Waypoint Posted at 2018-9-13 09:42
Of course! When you are in Online Mode, go to the first person View. And configure the AutoShot settings!

Perfect!
2018-9-13
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-9-13 13:20
Other reason?
[view_image]
Google play searching not enable Red waypoint

Hi Jakab,
I got surprised and started to research. The possible reasons can be permissions issues. Some devices does not support Camera.Autofocus permission, on the next update I will put this feature as not required. In addition the device must have a SIM Card for registering the device with DJI-SDK at the beggining.
2018-9-15
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Red Waypoint Posted at 2018-9-15 04:40
Hi Jakab,
I got surprised and started to research. The possible reasons can be permissions issues. Some devices does not support Camera.Autofocus permission, on the next update I will put this feature as not required. In addition the device must have a SIM Card for registering the device with DJI-SDK at the beggining.

Thanks for your reply, yes there is no SIM card. Hope the next version will support.
2018-9-16
Use props
Yflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2030272 ft

If this app crashed, can you  still control the ac or use RTH?
2018-9-16
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

works on samsung A5(2017)
2018-9-16
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

Yflyer Posted at 2018-9-16 18:03
If this app crashed, can you  still control the ac or use RTH?

In this special cases the aircraft will not continue the mission, it will stop. The aircraft will hover in place and you have manual control. You can always launch again the App.
If it looses RC connection it does not continue the mission and starts RTH
2018-9-20
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

Jos A Posted at 2018-9-16 23:42
works on samsung A5(2017)

Great! Fantastic! did you use your Mavic Pro?
2018-9-20
Use props
jimdow528
lvl.2

United States

Do you allow a complete set of waypoints to be loaded via a kml-file, shp-file, or csv-file?
Do you allow unlimited number of waypoints?
I fly curved flight lnes to a) provide a diversity of views and b) mitigate the SfM doming (elevation) error.  See James:  "Mitigating the doming error".

Look over the following research conclusions:
Minimising systematic error surfaces in digital elevation models using oblique convergent imagery
Rene Wackrow

Jim H. Chandler
First published: 16 March 2011

https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1477-9730.2011.00623.x

Results of the simulation process, the laboratory test and the practical test are reported in this paper and demonstrate that an oblique convergent image configuration eradicates the systematic error surfaces which result from inaccurate lens distortion parameters. This approach is significant because by removing the need for an accurate lens model it effectively improves the accuracies of digital surface representations derived using consumer‐grade digital cameras. Carefully selected image configurations could therefore provide new opportunities for improving the quality of photogrammetrically acquired data.
2018-11-7
Use props
GRedling
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164058 ft
Hungary

The altitude in the waypoint setting is relativ to the point of take off? Google maps route planning is coming or not planned at all? (Kml files)
2019-1-8
Use props
GRedling
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164058 ft
Hungary

Can you set different viewing? 1-5 waypoint focus on POI, after that automaticaly towards to next waypoint?
2019-1-8
Use props
lem
New
Flight distance : 7438 ft
Italy

Good morning. My smart honor 10 android 9 with red weinpoint installed does not connect with the spark. Depends on what?
2019-3-25
Use props
AgniesMT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2644108 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi, I noticed that I can't use my RC with Red Waypoints. Is it a limitation of the software (I have the free app) or is something set incorrectly?
2019-4-22
Use props
AgniesMT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2644108 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

David Calero Posted at 2018-5-14 08:37
Hi Blellow, I developed this APP. It is easy and simple! It supports Spark! Full camera view! It supports Point of interest and it has integrated a simulator for mission validation! For any doubts, ask to me directly!

David, does it support RC connection? I'm not able to connect controller after connecting drone to the app via wifi (and RC gives me longer range than wifi).
2019-4-22
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

GRedling Posted at 1-8 02:12
The altitude in the waypoint setting is relativ to the point of take off? Google maps route planning is coming or not planned at all? (Kml files)

Yes heigh it is relative to Home Point altitude!
We are working to add an KML/KMZ import tool for planning missions from Google maps
2019-6-21
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

GRedling Posted at 1-8 08:14
Can you set different viewing? 1-5 waypoint focus on POI, after that automaticaly towards to next waypoint?

Yes you can set Heading Mode to Focus POI, and associate each waypoint to the POI you want
2019-6-21
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

lem Posted at 3-25 04:05
Good morning. My smart honor 10 android 9 with red weinpoint installed does not connect with the spark. Depends on what?

First, make sure you have registered succesfully. Then turn on the Remote Controller and the DJI Spark and let them link. Then you can connect via WiFi or via USB OTG with the remote controller.
2019-6-21
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

AgniesMT Posted at 4-22 23:47
David, does it support RC connection? I'm not able to connect controller after connecting drone to the app via wifi (and RC gives me longer range than wifi).

Yes RC connection is supported. First let the aircraft and the Remote Controller link, after connect the smarpthone WiFi to the Remote Controller Wifi
2019-6-21
Use props
Baztheman
New

United States

David Calero, I am using Galaxy S9+, Android and Mavic Air. Why am I not seeing the google map in online and offline mode? Thanks. B.
2019-8-11
Use props
djiuser_BRSW3MpPyTUI
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys...just test red waypoints free version today 9 aug 2020 on mavic mini....it was so great...i didnt have any issue or problem during the mission flight...it goes so smooth...after a long search of app for my mavic mini mission flight i finally found it...i will buy the pro version later this afternoon...and looking forward to use it back home in philippines soon...for me its a 5 star...thankz so much to the developer of this app...it was a great work sir....
2020-8-9
Use props
J-House
lvl.1

Italy

Nice to hear app works! I'm going to try the free version with mavic mini, thanks for your feedback.
Actually I turn on RC and the mini as well, the smartphone (android) connected to the RC, open the app but it doesn't detect the drone...no possibility to work on-line nor off-line.
Any suggestion?
2020-8-9
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

Baztheman Posted at 2019-8-11 13:38
David Calero, I am using Galaxy S9+, Android and Mavic Air. Why am I not seeing the google map in online and offline mode? Thanks. B.

Hi,
You need to have internet connection the first time you open the map, to register the Map once. Then U will also need internet to retrieve the map.
2020-8-10
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.3
Spain

J-House Posted at 8-9 09:29
Nice to hear app works! I'm going to try the free version with mavic mini, thanks for your feedback.
Actually I turn on RC and the mini as well, the smartphone (android) connected to the RC, open the app but it doesn't detect the drone...no possibility to work on-line nor off-line.
Any suggestion?

Check the FAQ web page to see how to connect the drone to the RedWaypoint APP
http://redwaypoint.com/faq.html
2020-8-10
Use props
djiuser_BRSW3MpPyTUI
lvl.1
United Kingdom

J-House Posted at 8-9 09:29
Actually I turn on RC and the mini as well, the smartphone (android) connected to the RC, open the app but it doesn't detect the drone...no possibility to work on-line nor off-line.
Any suggestion?

Im using mavic mini. First switch on rc then drone. Wait for link up. After link was establish i connect may phone to rc. A pop came asking which app to be use. I choose redwaypoints. Then i open the app manually. Then tap fly. Load the the mission. Take off. Then tap play button. The mini starts its mission until the last waypoint and finish the mission. Then i take over the control to bring mini at home and land....i test it like that 4 times already and everything goes well.
2020-8-11
Use props
djiuser_BRSW3MpPyTUI
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Now i have the pro version 2.9.1 updated but was not abke to try it. If i got a chance i will try this latest version of pro app
2020-8-11
Use props
MarcoD
lvl.1
Italy

Hi! I have a question about rth.
It automatically set every time a start to fly?
Or i have to set manually?
NOTE: not when i'm making waypoints, but when i manually fly
2020-8-17
Use props
djiuser_O9xKIK7FdiFQ
lvl.1
United States

I was able to create a test mission around my yard offline. So far so good, but please gray out options I can't use in the free version, or with my drone. Exploring more options I can't use than options I can use was very frustrating.

I was able to connect to my Mavic Mini. I got it launched and pressed the play button. It went to the first waypoint, yeah. Then it just sat there for what seemed like forever. It eventually went to the second waypoint and really did stay there forever. I stopped the mission and moved it around manually for a bit and restarted the mission. It went to the first waypoint and just sat there. I pressed RTH (in the app) and confirmed RTH. It started landing right where it was. I took over and landed it in a better place.

Later yesterday, I tried again after going through all the settings I could again, went to airplane mode. It took off fine, but when I hit play, it rose to the waypoint altitude and went nowhere, just hovering above the takeoff/home point. I say it hovered, but it spastically sputtered up and down in altitude. I stopped the mission and flew a small distance manually to a different altitude. Restarting the mission caused it to go up near the waypoint altitude and start having fits again. The RTH tried to land where it was again. I should have tried the RTH button on the remote but didn't think of it at the time.

I'm afraid of what might happen if I try again, as it gets worse each time. I'd really like for this to work and I'd by the Pro version in a heartbeat if I could trust it to take a lap around my yard and land itself (or just return to home and hover) by itself. Any ideas what is going on?

Mavic Mini
OTC connect
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" (2019, WiFi Only) Android 10
DJI Fly app works without any apparent glitches
2020-8-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules