Having "white screen" issues.
12845 8 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bert Johnson
New

United States

All of a sudden during a flight, began having a "white screen" issue. Unable to see. Has anybody had this issue, and is there a fix? Have had no crashes or such.

2018-5-14
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Either set the camera to auto or adjust the wheel on the top, right of the remote controller so the picture is not so washed out.
2018-5-14
Use props
Bert Johnson
New

United States

Thanks for quick response. I will try it..
2018-5-14
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Does look like the camera setting dial needs adjusted.
Here is a  post on White screen
2018-5-14
Use props
Bert Johnson
New

United States

The wheel adjustment worked. Stupid me just learning. I must have moved the wheel by an accident. Thank you so much...
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bert Johnson Posted at 2018-5-14 10:15
The wheel adjustment worked. Stupid me just learning. I must have moved the wheel by an accident. Thank you so much...

Cool - yeah, this is just grossly over exposed - be sure to check the EV - you want it between -.7 to 0 - either use auto if still learning the basics or if in manual keep your ISO to 100 and increase the shutter speed to create the ideal exposure value. Once you become familiar with the settings you can look at investing in some ND filters which will enable you to lower the shutter speed and create more motion blur in the image without over exposing.
2018-5-14
Use props
Bert Johnson
New

United States

A CW Posted at 2018-5-14 10:35
Cool - yeah, the is just grossly over exposed - be sure to check the EV - you want it between -.7 to 0 - either use auto if still learning the basics or if in manual keep your ISO to 100 and increase the shutter speed to create the ideal exposure value. Once you become familiar with the settings you can look at investing in some ND filters which will enable you to lower the shutter speed and create more motion blur in the image without over exposing.

Thanks for the advice... I learn something new every time I fly. I just was confused that it happened so suddenly I though I had a major issue.
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bert Johnson Posted at 2018-5-14 11:17
Thanks for the advice... I learn something new every time I fly. I just was confused that it happened so suddenly I though I had a major issue.

Black screens still get me every time even now LOL (under exposed of course so the opposite to the white screen). If you can't see the image in the screen (black or white) always check your camera settings first and best to just put the camera in auto to do the check. If the problem persists then reset the camera in the app and if still a problem you may have a connection issue so reboot the remote (with the drone on the ground in front of you).
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Bert Johnson Posted at 2018-5-14 10:15

Glad to know that you have figured it out, happy flying.
2018-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules