DJI Chargingck Hub - Discharging to 50% when not in Storage Mode
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sidbueddro
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Haven't flown my P4A in a few weeks, and took it out today, only to find that all three of my batteries were at 55%.  The batteries have been in the DJI Charging Hub the whole time.  I thought that the discharging only takes place when you have it set to Storage Mode.  I did check each battery in the DJI Go4 app, and the automatic discharge is set to 10 days, but I assumed this was if the batteries were removed from the charging hub.  Anyone have any ideas on what I may be doing wrong or if the batteries are supposed to discharge when in Charging Mode, but not used for 10 days or more.  Thanks in advance for your help.
2018-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The automatic discharge occurs regardless of where you store the batteries. In any event, after that period of time you would need to charge the batteries anyway. The correct routine is to charge the batteries just before you fly with them, afterwards take them out and leave them in the partially discharged state and they will automatically discharge to the recommended level.
2018-5-14
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Battery will discharge at the 10 day point. Storage mode will bring the battery up or down to 40%.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The battery will enter the discharge mode automatically if it has been idle for more than 10 days. No worries.
2018-5-14
Use props
sidbueddro
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you.  I appreciate the info.
2018-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules