Phantom 4 pro v2.0 compass question for dji admins
38897 15 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Not sure if this is a bug. But after setting up my new V 2.0 going to Compass to check on values and this is what I see.... now I did do a compass calibration and I got the visual cues from the lights that everything went okay and passed... but I would like to know if this is just a general bug in the app and why I cannot see my values for my compass
Screenshot_20180514-172007.jpg
2018-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It looks as if you have the aircraft sitting on a driveway. Try moving it to grass and see if that message returns. Driveways may contain metal.
2018-5-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

I did try various places.... even in the house I do not get the usual magnetic interference but I would get with my original Phantom 4 Pro or my Mavic Pro or  my Mavic air or my DJI spark LOL... something is amiss. This is my usual take off spot and I never ever have a problem I think it might be something to do with the app not displaying the right screen or values for the compass considering it does fly good. I just want to make sure everything is okay.
2018-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-5-14 14:55
I did try various places.... even in the house I do not get the usual magnetic interference but I would get with my original Phantom 4 Pro or my Mavic Pro or  my Mavic air or my DJI spark LOL... something is amiss. This is my usual take off spot and I never ever have a problem I think it might be something to do with the app not displaying the right screen or values for the compass considering it does fly good. I just want to make sure everything is okay.

It seems like a poor warning, especially the bit about 'check that the compass is installed in the correct direction', as it is not within the skill set of most owners to change that.
2018-5-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Exactly....thats what threw me off ... because I did see my compass values for about 2 seconds and they were in the green, then switched back to that screen ....very weird. Thanks for the help and time.
2018-5-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Someone from @dji have anything?
2018-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-5-14 16:31
Someone from @dji have anything?

See my PM.
2018-5-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Thanks geebax
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Jimmy, may I know which mobile device do you use? What's the current aircraft, controller and APP version?
2018-5-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Everything is latest for p4p v2.0 latest fw, latest app on playstore. .and i use a galaxy s9+ which has worked great with my Phantom 4 Pro v1
2018-5-15
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

I'm thinking the app needs to just be updated by you guys also there is some Chinese letters for the Ocusync settings.... I'm not sure but it would be nice if one of your technicians could turn on the Phantom 4 Pro V2 with an Android device again according to the op I have the latest firmware for the remote controller and aircraft I also have the latest app running Android on my Galaxy S9 Plus ...this device worked flawlessly for my Phantom 4 Pro V1
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-5-15 01:50
I'm thinking the app needs to just be updated by you guys also there is some Chinese letters for the Ocusync settings.... I'm not sure but it would be nice if one of your technicians could turn on the Phantom 4 Pro V2 with an Android device again according to the op I have the latest firmware for the remote controller and aircraft I also have the latest app running Android on my Galaxy S9 Plus ...this device worked flawlessly for my Phantom 4 Pro V1

Thanks for getting back to us. May I have the specific version numbers in About page for a double check?
Alternatively, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 from here to refresh the firmware to see whether it is misinformation: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads
BTW, please click the reply button under my message so that I can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks so much!
2018-5-15
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

00.100 is version number for p4p v2 fw. I did about 10 more flights everything seems fine and it just seems either app or aircraft needs updating ...i was able to see values once or twice then it went back to tgat generic message. Remember i am running android. Ios users could be totally fine?
2018-5-16
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

And by app or aircraft needs updating.... I mean you guys have to look into this little bug and fix it I just don't know if it is on the app side or the aircraft side I'm leaning towards the app side....because some of the ocusync settings are still in chinese also.
2018-5-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see the same compass messages when running the current Android version of DJI GO (4.2.14) and Phantom firmware 1.00.0100. Those messages do not appear in the current iOS version of DJI GO.
2018-5-16
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Okay cool I had asked you in the other forum so I guess it's just a generic message... because I was able to see Compass values a few times and then it would go back to that screenshot. Like I said I did calibrate the compass and the lights did give me visual cue that everything was okay and a calibrated fine...  the aircraft does fly fine but it would be nice to see my values LOL so DJI has to update the Android app. I'm just glad the aircraft doesn't have any faults and did kind of figure it was some kind of generic message when I saw that it said I had to plug in the compass LOL
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules