Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles and Phantom 4 Pro Linking Not Working
5007 33 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spirytus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126864 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

Recieved and activated my P4PV2 today... Yey!

So I'm in the process of getting her ready for the maiden flight but I can not link my Goggles to the Phantom via Occusync.

I checked the latested P4P user manual and the new P4PV2 Quick Start Manual; none of these describe how to link the Goggles wirelessly (like on my mavic).

Is this feature not yet available? Can someone please confirm?

Goggle firmware: 1.04.0300
P4PV2 firmware 1.00.0100

I can link the radio control just fine (following the instructions in the user manual). However, the goggles (when linking mode is enabled on the Phantom) is unable to detect my phantom.

2018-5-14
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unless you have the DJI Goggles RE, you'll have to wait until DJI releases a new firmware update for the DJI Goggles.
2018-5-14
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-5-14 19:10
Unless you have the DJI Goggles RE, you'll have to wait until DJI releases a new firmware update for the DJI Goggles.

Thanks msinger, confirms my suspicions.

The RE edition works though? Interesting...
2018-5-14
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Congratulation with you new bird.
Just wondering do you have a P4P v1 also or is your P4P avatar from the reg of the v2? - just wondering if we can not see the difference.

If the avatar/hover description is identical, DJI can you please fix, it is nice to know what were dealing with in case of problems and questions ...
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Spirytus. the P4P V2.0 does not support to connect the standard DJI Goggles for now. We'll release on our website as soon as there is an update. Sorry about this.
2018-5-14
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-14 21:46
Congratulation with you new bird.
Just wondering do you have a P4P v1 also or is your P4P avatar from the reg of the v2? - just wondering if we can not see the difference.

Thanks, and yes, it is identical. That P4P avatar badge has been there since I registered the original last year.
2018-5-15
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-14 22:57
Spirytus. the P4P V2.0 does not support to connect the standard DJI Goggles for now. We'll release on our website as soon as there is an update. Sorry about this.

Thank you for confirming Susan.
2018-5-15
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Spirytus Posted at 2018-5-14 19:13
Thanks msinger, confirms my suspicions.

The RE edition works though? Interesting...

Yes, DJI recently released a firmware update for the DJI Goggles RE to make it compatible.
2018-5-15
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-5-15 04:59
Yes, DJI recently released a firmware update for the DJI Goggles RE to make it compatible.

Helpful as always. Guess I better hurry up and wait
2018-5-15
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You got it. I'm waiting for the update for my DJI Goggles too.
2018-5-15
Use props
fans80a1d29e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42677 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Any news on this issue? Wasted best part of a day trying to link goggles with V2.0 until found this thread.
2018-6-8
Use props
shonky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19206 ft
Australia

i wish i had seen this thread before i wasted money on the white googles at the time i couldnt afford the extra for the more expensive re model
now i find out even tho both have Occusync my googles are just a paperweight and no good for my phantom 4 pro 2.0
2018-6-21
Use props
shonky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19206 ft
Singapore

is there any update on if this is going to be fixed or should i cut my losses and try get some of my money back on the haeadset
2018-7-1
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

shonky Posted at 2018-7-1 00:59
is there any update on if this is going to be fixed or should i cut my losses and try get some of my money back on the haeadset

You should ask yourself how long are you willing to wait? The DJI stance on release dates is: "When it's ready", so it's really up to you.

New aircraft/rc firmware is out and though I know the standard goggles are still not supported wirelessly, maybe they enabled the wired USB connection so we can use the goggle like on the P4PV1 at least... I'll load the new firmware today or tomorrow and will test it out.

On a side note: Customer service should really consider offering a discount for the Goggles RE's to owners of the standard Goggles +  P4Pv2, or maybe a trade-up/exchange program. I'd jump on it for sure - prime flying season here in Canada and my goggles are sitting on the desk collecting dust.

2018-7-1
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1371919 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

It is absolutely ridiculous that DJI can’t get their act together and release a product as advertised without tiny notes on their website. The Firmware for the Goggles (and other DJI devices, like CrystalSky) should have been ready on release day. Nothing more and nothing less.
2018-7-1
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Spirytus Posted at 2018-7-1 06:29
You should ask yourself how long are you willing to wait? The DJI stance on release dates is: "When it's ready", so it's really up to you.

New aircraft/rc firmware is out and though I know the standard goggles are still not supported wirelessly, maybe they enabled the wired USB connection so we can use the goggle like on the P4PV1 at least... I'll load the new firmware today or tomorrow and will test it out.

FYI: Just tested the new firmware, wired USB connection is still not working ( LIVEVIEW = Not Available ). Also found out recently that the HDMI module is not supported on the P4PV2.

Throw us a bone will ya?

P.S. Goggle firmware version remains unchanged so maybe with the next goggle firmware release.

2018-7-3
Use props
Migman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286870 ft

Wow! Glad I read this. I was planning on buying the new V2.0 Phantom just for the wireless connection. I like the idea of two view screens. Customer in the googles and me on the controller with a view as well. It will do that won't it (When they get it working)?
2018-7-3
Use props
fans0e8c3faa
New
Australia

I wish I would have read all of this before buying my white googles for the Phantom 4 pro, honestly I watched all the adverting videos and I just presumed by the videos that I could use my drone as usual and someone else could watch my flight remotely. It really sucks, its like false advertising. There is no way I would have bought my goggles if I would have known that they could not connect remotely.
2018-9-23
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

fans0e8c3faa Posted at 2018-9-23 21:35
I wish I would have read all of this before buying my white googles for the Phantom 4 pro, honestly I watched all the adverting videos and I just presumed by the videos that I could use my drone as usual and someone else could watch my flight remotely. It really sucks, its like false advertising. There is no way I would have bought my goggles if I would have known that they could not connect remotely.

Which Phantom version did you buy?

Works fine, wiressly, on the P4Pv2.0.

P4P (version 1) requires a cable connection.
2018-9-24
Use props
Mrweal
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-14 22:57
Spirytus. the P4P V2.0 does not support to connect the standard DJI Goggles for now. We'll release on our website as soon as there is an update. Sorry about this.

I wish this was explained before I bought my goggles, this is really upsetting.
2018-10-12
Use props
Mrweal
lvl.1

Spirytus Posted at 2018-9-24 04:04
Which Phantom version did you buy?

Works fine, wiressly, on the P4Pv2.0.

I have the P$P V2, and it won't connect
2018-10-12
Use props
Mrweal
lvl.1

fans0e8c3faa Posted at 2018-9-23 21:35

The same with me, I already had a P4P , so I bought a P4P V2 and it won't connect, this wasn't explained at all
2018-10-12
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mrweal Posted at 2018-10-12 08:37
I have the P$P V2, and it won't connect

It should.

1. Make sure you update to the latest firmware version on the goggles (older firmware versions didn't support the P4PV2).

2. Make sure the Phantom has been upgraded to the latest firmware aswell.

3. Re-do the linking procedures through your goggles.

If you carried out the above contact DJI support - if your phantom works, it will likely be a hardware issues with your goggles.
2018-10-12
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

P.S. The avatar icons below your name show that you only own the P4P (not the P4PV2), did you buy your V2 second hand?
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mrweal Posted at 2018-10-12 08:35
I wish this was explained before I bought my goggles, this is really upsetting.

Hi Mrweal, the previous messages have been outdated, currently, updating the Goggles to the latest firmware, it will work with P4P V2.0. Please kindly refer to the below video and confirm later, thanks!
2018-10-13
Use props
Mr300
New
Australia

i have the same prob !
2018-10-14
Use props
Mrweal
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-13 23:53
Hi Mrweal, the previous messages have been outdated, currently, updating the Goggles to the latest firmware, it will work with P4P V2.0. Please kindly refer to the below video and confirm later, thanks!

Yes, the RE goggles do, but not the original goggles, I sent those back and just purchased the RE, I'll let you know how they work.
2018-10-18
Use props
Mrweal
lvl.1
United States

Spirytus Posted at 2018-10-12 08:46
P.S. The avatar icons below your name show that you only own the P4P (not the P4PV2), did you buy your V2 second hand?

I bought it from Best Buy. I have recently bought the V2 through DJI and the RE goggles, I'll let you know how it works!
2018-10-18
Use props
Mrweal
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-13 23:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovWoMmre2nA

It all works great now, but the picture is blurry, I tried adjusting with the nob, but it just from bad to worse, any suggestions? I do where contacts.
2018-10-18
Use props
n55w132
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312890 ft
United States

Mrweal Posted at 2018-10-18 07:54
It all works great now, but the picture is blurry, I tried adjusting with the nob, but it just from bad to worse, any suggestions? I do where contacts.

Do you have reading glasses as backup? Try using the goggles without wearing contacts and wear your reading glasses. Ofc your issue is focus related and DJI does sell individual lenses with different powers for the goggles to help you correct your vision. But I found a cheap pair of reading glasses at walmart that do the trick for me.
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mrweal Posted at 2018-10-18 07:54

Just to verify, do you remove the protective film on the Goggles? If not, please remove it and check whether it works.
2018-10-19
Use props
fansa211e9c7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270184 ft
United States

Has DJI released a filmware update to allow googles to be used wirelessly with Phantom 4 v2.0?
2020-6-22
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Yes they did
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI User466
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

I recently bought my goggles for my phantom 4 pro V1 and the HDMI module so I could have someone watch with goggles and I could use my iPad ...but no luck can't get both to work wasted 525 dollars
2020-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules