New update up to 95% and than nothing
7955 10 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans93c1b9db
lvl.1
Netherlands

Yerterday first flight with my new Mavic Air.
After flight i went home for loading the batteries en controller as the controler mentioned there were new updates.
So i updated my new Mavic Air.
Controller update was no problem, i had to upgrade the Mavic Air with Assistant latest version.
Went up to 95% and than the software stopped.
After that the Mavic air isn't reconized anymore by my computer and can't connect to the controller anymore.
Even the push button on the Mavic Air doesn't work, no beeps.

Is this a known Issue?
WHat is the Solution to this?

Best regards,
Jacques.
2018-5-14
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Did you try to change other usb port on your pc? Try to change to other pc to check. Try to fully charge rc and mavic battery then try again. all updates should be done using assistant app on computer with all batteries you had. do not use ota through mobile device because it does not stable.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Jacques, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please restart the DJI assistant 2 and refer to the tutorial video below to try the update again, you can try both of DJI GO4 app and DJI assistant 2 to update the firmware for Mavic air. hope everything will be fine soon, thanks!

2018-5-14
Use props
Brightlights2001
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001 ft

I had a similar issue when i saw the download available when i powered up my Air with a fully charged battery, mine however stuck at 99% & it became clear after 20 minutes it was hung up so I had to power off my Air as the battery was blinking low & feared the worst.
Thankfully when i let it rest for around 10 minutes & powered it up with another fully charged battery it went through the whole upload normally but it was very scary!.
2018-5-15
Use props
JacquesvD
lvl.1
Netherlands

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-14 23:15
Did you try to change other usb port on your pc? Try to change to other pc to check. Try to fully charge rc and mavic battery then try again. all updates should be done using assistant app on computer with all batteries you had. do not use ota through mobile device because it does not stable.

Hi Optimus Prime,
Yes tried different computer, even different cable.
Controller and batteries are fully charged.
The computer gives in system that it is an unknown device, i doesn't install or load the drivers.
2018-5-15
Use props
JacquesvD
lvl.1
Netherlands

JacquesvD Posted at 2018-5-15 01:05
Hi Optimus Prime,
Yes tried different computer, even different cable.
Controller and batteries are fully charged.

Now i have connected the RC and the MA to the computer, RC shows up but MA not, computer is trying to install the driver to connect but gives 'Unknown Device' but it worked before until the update stopped at 95% !!
2018-5-15
Use props
JacquesvD
lvl.1
Netherlands

JacquesvD Posted at 2018-5-15 01:18
Now i have connected the RC and the MA to the computer, RC shows up but MA not, computer is trying to install the driver to connect but gives 'Unknown Device' but it worked before until the update stopped at 95% !!

Last option was to try with apple computer, same issue.

Damn i wish i never sold my Yuneec and bought a DJI, biggest mistake ever.
2018-5-15
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

On mac, can you try to remove and reinstall Assistant 2? Beside, if you are on mac 10.13.4, should allow it to connect to network when prompt, Good luck
2018-5-16
Use props
rantanenm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24137 ft
Finland

Been there.. Same happend to me last week. Had to send it to repair.
2018-5-16
Use props
JERRY K
lvl.3
Flight distance : 308327 ft
United States

I'm assuming you have Wi-Fi in the house. Turn everything off and restart. Do not plug in to your pc use your home Wi-Fi and try to do update. It will hang a lot of times if it hangs and no progress after 15 minutes shut everything down and restart and try again.
2018-5-16
Use props
click here now
lvl.2

United States

At 95% (ish,  where it hangs) on all my dji air units,  I have closed dji,  unplugged the unit.  Plugged it back in,  opened dji, and the version had a current icon on it.  And it has been updated.  For some reason,  I do not think it is getting the last reboot command.   But all my air units have updated as intended.
2021-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules