MAVIC PRO Rear Arm loose when unfolded - Side to Side
2399 9 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_G4yQzN8CFDLh
lvl.2

Hi, I have had my mavic pro for almost 4 months now and I ensured all arms were ridid in every direction before flying and they were all fine.
Just today before going for a flight, I realised that the left rear arm has a decent amount of wobble side to side when unfolded (instead of the up and down folding movement). Worried me too much to fly since I did not want to lose my investment due to the part failing mid air. I have attached a video showing the left rear arm (loose one) compared to the right rear arm. I hope an admin would be able to assist. Please share your thoughts

Edit: Better angle to see the side to side movement of the arm... Sorry for the noisy picture

2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, may I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? Did there any hard landing or not? Thanks!
2018-5-15
Use props
djiuser_G4yQzN8CFDLh
lvl.2

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-15 00:13
Hi, may I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? Did there any hard landing or not? Thanks!

Hi, No I have no crashed the drone at all. And all landings have been gentle.
2018-5-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks fine to me - it won't be ridged as needs to allow for vibrations
2018-5-15
Use props
djiuser_G4yQzN8CFDLh
lvl.2

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-15 00:13

another angle of the loose arm

2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_G4yQzN8CFDLh Posted at 2018-5-15 00:16
Hi, No I have no crashed the drone at all. And all landings have been gentle.

Hi, thank you for the information. Actually, if there is an issue of the drone, there will be a notification in the DJI GO4 app to let you know what happened. So please keep close attention to the DJI GO4 app, if there is no error message, then you don't need to worry so much. Thanks!
2018-5-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yeah it looks fine to me as well as said by A CW.  There will be a little movement.
2018-5-15
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I've noticed there's been some give on the arms of my Mavic Pro. I've flown the drone 35 flights owning since March, but  I'll draw the analogy to the tension of a tennis racket compared to the arms of a Mavic Pro, where both will see a quick sublte change in tension. The arms feel fine and functional, but they don't feel as tight folded up the way they did brand new out of the box. Again, I haven't seen anything significant that would suggest something problematic here, I would just say this is a proxy for normal wear and tear of the Mavic Pro.
2018-5-15
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nothing wrong from what I could see, looks absolutely fine as A CW has stated...... it's good to go.  
2018-5-16
Use props
Gregbella
First Officer

I think it looks ok
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules