Biggest issues with DJI Goggles
4438 13 2018-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
truthseekers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3684 ft
United Kingdom

Heres my list of niggles... and they are quite serious niggles.

Lightbridge support not included in DJI Goggles - yes that might have cost $5 more to include... so DJI didnt do it.

DJI Goggles cannot record the feed to your SD card - unless your using analogue or *other* manufacturers signals... yeah but NOT DJI signals. Yeah well done DJI... yawn.
You cannot FORMAT your sd card... nope... you need to get out your mobile or tablety and faff around for that simple task... well done DJI lazy engineers.
You cannot DELETE videos on your SD card. No that would be far too advanced for DJI engineers to have included.

There is no histogram so for professional use to get log footage correctly exposed your stuck with guesswork.
The cost of Diopter lenses is extra and not included in the price... and they want £10 shipping to send them to you even though its a tiny 100g package. Ends up costing you near £40 for these!
Signal drops out a lot if you hold the controller close to the Goggles... like with hands out infront of you.
There is no display of signal quality so you can never work out what is the best way to hold your head to maximise signal.
There is no display of controller signal quality so your just guessing if your about to lose control.
THERE IS NO MAP FUNCTION AT ALL
The Goggles forcibly take control of the C1 and C2 buttons on your controller so you cannot use functions you assigned to them anymore. Bye bye nice buttons.  Oh yes, those buttons now do nothing at all... neat huh.
If anyone is standing closer than 15 feet with another controller turned on your signal reception will go to messy broken hell. So not very tollerant of other signals closeby.
P4Pro wireless support wasnt included for support on Goggles - so you have to use a wire to connect. Even though P4Pro cam out AFTER THE MAVIC!!!
DJI expect you to ditch your P4Pro for a P4Pro v2 if you want wireless support - that old planned obelescense trick.

So what can you expect DJI to fix from the above list?... Nothing... because DJI never fix faults like these... they just included them same faults in a few more future models, just to rub it in... and then fix one one thing at a time... drip drip drip. So by the Goggles RE/DX/2020 V7 we might see some fixes.

Please add your niggles below to complete the list.

Now I am not saying the goggles dont look great to use when they are staying connected... I am just saying, come on DJI... is this the best we can do.

2018-5-15
Use props
fans1329300a
New
Flight distance : 12815 ft
Brazil

Não consigo voar com meu phantom 4 com óculos Dji google mais de 30 mt distância já disabilitei set distância, e tudo que possa ser desligado. Alguém ajuda
2018-5-15
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

So sell them, or don’t buy them, just quit complaining about them, or better yet, seeing as you have a laundry list of complaints, invent your own with all the gadgets you desire and sell them to the general public for 300 dollars. These sort of self love posts drive me crazy, get over yourself, and the goggles, I happen to think they are quite marvelous.
2018-5-15
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

A) Lightbridge has been developed years ago. Occusync is newer and the Goggles starts together with this technology.
B) You do not need Goggles recording function when use with Dji Aircraft. The aircraft recording function is far more better.
C) As said, the Goggles is best using with Dji Aircraft. You can format the sd card and record with the aircraft.
D) The Goggles is meant for viewing video only. That is why there is no deletion nor histogram support function.
E) There is RC to Aircraft signal strength icon display on Goggles. READ THE RELEASE NOTE OF MAVIC PRO AND UPDATE YOUR GOGGLES FIRMWARE.
F) Buy P4P v2.0 you will get wireless link to the Goggles.
2018-5-15
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bill B Posted at 2018-5-15 16:57
So sell them, or don’t buy them, just quit complaining about them, or better yet, seeing as you have a laundry list of complaints, invent your own with all the gadgets you desire and sell them to the general public for 300 dollars. These sort of self love posts drive me crazy, get over yourself, and the goggles, I happen to think they are quite marvelous.

Dear Bill B - can you read. I typed this:

"Now I am not saying the goggles dont look great to use when they are staying connected... I am just saying, come on DJI... is this the best we can do."

Sorry Bill but if you dont tell them whats wrong with the goggles and what standards we expect them to come to we will never get better. If is a list of niggles, not a come tell me to STFU invitation.
2018-5-16
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2018-5-15 17:22
A) Lightbridge has been developed years ago. Occusync is newer and the Goggles starts together with this technology.
B) You do not need Goggles recording function when use with Dji Aircraft. The aircraft recording function is far more better.
C) As said, the Goggles is best using with Dji Aircraft. You can format the sd card and record with the aircraft.

Fansa thanks for your reply.

A: lightbridge isnt that old if it was in use on the Phantom4Pro which came out after the mavic. Connected with the wire the p4p looks great which shows lightbridge is a resilient format - jumps out less than the mavic signal IMHO.  Seems a shame to walk away from a still useful format.

B: I know we do not need to record on the goggles but seeing as they record analogue signals, why not the full stream, would seem like a logical step. Yes you probably dont need it or wont need it, but heard of those flyaways where people like to look at the footage to work out where the craft came down. Useful for that perhaps?.... Would be great to record the full HUD display with OSD as well... for editing purposes, rather than having to jam a camers in looking through the lenses, which is awkward.

c: You cannot say format on my goggles... do yours allow this? Mine dont seem to.

e: Ok will check.

f: yes I know p4p pro v2 has occusync but its a shame that for a simple codec that could have been put in these goggles which would have opened them up to use by Inspires and P3Pro etc, but as DJI didnt put this in its a shame that DJI didnt want to offer the wireless magic to everyone.
2018-5-16
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

I for one, appreciate any and all opinions. Cheeky or not. Of course, a well informed opinion is gold to me.  I use my goggles as a fly along accessory for a friend. Not for main display.
2018-5-16
Use props
Thoarax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 488484 ft
United States

Yeah Bill, he had a well thought out list of complaints about googles he purchased with his own money. I have been reading posts trying to figure out if I wanted to purchase them and appreciate his input.
You added nothing to the conversation other than attacking him for his opinion and telling him to keep it to himself because it offended you. Why don’t you try and follow your own advice and “ get over yourself”.
2018-5-16
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

truthseekers Posted at 2018-5-16 01:20
Dear Bill B - can you read. I typed this:

"Now I am not saying the goggles dont look great to use when they are staying connected... I am just saying, come on DJI... is this the best we can do."

Yes, I can read, I can comprehend as well. If you were able to comprehend, you would have noticed the tone of your post and your obvious dislike for DJI's "attempt" at making goggles. To which I added, Make your own and be the solution to all your wants. Pointing out the one little sentence in your post, is like saying well i did put frosting on the dog turd before i ate it.
2018-5-16
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bill B Posted at 2018-5-16 06:17
Yes, I can read, I can comprehend as well. If you were able to comprehend, you would have noticed the tone of your post and your obvious dislike for DJI's "attempt" at making goggles. To which I added, Make your own and be the solution to all your wants. Pointing out the one little sentence in your post, is like saying well i did put frosting on the dog turd before i ate it.

Sorry Bill you are putting words in my mouth. I have never said I have disdain for DJIs attempts at making goggles. They are great quality but lacking some key features, obvious stuff like being able to format your card with using the touchpad options available to you. Thats not an option. So my complaints about niggles and not that the goggles exist.
2018-5-16
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Here is an interesting development I found out that by Upgrading the Goggle RE to the latest firmware (.0400)  I LOST height and distance info for my P4Pro. I was on goggles firmware 1.0.0400 so I downgraded the goggles to firmware .0300 and fault was still there. Only when I went back to firmware .0200 did the height and distance info return.  This only presented itself on the P4Pro,  Mavic Pro was always showing height and distance.

I know this could because I am using an older P4Pro firmware on the bird and controller V01.02.0304  and that isnt the newest firmware for sure but allows me no flying restrictions in NO FLY Zones and also I can now have my ISO at 100 in D-LOG colour not the awful noisy 600ISO which I was being forced to have in newer firmware.

I am happy to see that I now have bar strength indicator for controller to goggles... and if this firware stays stable its where I am going to stay for quite some time.Thanks to the person on here who suggested I update the firmware on goggles... I needed that nudge to investigate.
2018-5-16
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Here is another sad fact I found out about my DJI Goggles... Logging.  The goggles now keep the logs for your flights onboard the goggles themselves and the only way to get this info to DJI is to connect to the PC or MAC assistant software and upload the LOGS. The problem is that I did this and NONE of my logs show up for any of my flights linked to my account. So clearly this is broken. The other sad part about this is that you cannot download or even see where those files are on the goggles - or see ANY files on the goggles because they are stored ina  secret place which cant be seen by anyone but DJI. This means that I cannot download the logs and convert them online using any of the free software or websites. This also means I cant submit my logs to AIRDATA.com which is my preferred choice of logging. So DJI keeps the info you do upload and you cant see it and you can forget ever seeing where you flew if you use the goggles... hmmmm.  I think DJI should atleast let us see the logfiles folders like they did on the Android App. Even Litchi lets you see your logs. One more niggle to add to the list. I am still a big fan of using the goggles but realise manual logs will need to be kept by me now if im going to continue using the goggles unless someone invents an app or software that can get the log files out for us. HINT HINT
2018-6-13
Use props
laza
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Just purchased the goggles and using them with the Mavic 2 zoom, loosing control of the remote and the way you could control the EV, histogram , I use the mavic for photography and wanted to see the scene clearly in all conditions,  was my aim.
So a racing mode and a separate photograph mode would be good. All I see is photography from these drones not racing, on the net?
Larry  
2018-11-7
Use props
Harry Pottar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13163 ft
United States

I have the Dji Goggles Racing Edition with my Mavic Pro, I love them but do wish that I could have the same display options as my iPhone and maintain the C1 & C2 custom button function.

The main reason I bought them is I can not see a thing on my iPhone screen even with a sun shade. With the goggles I can where I'm flying but would love the map and histogram.

I will keep using mine has the benefits outweigh any negatives, but would love to see an update that just mimic the same display as the phone.
2019-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules