Burned Out Gimbal Yaw Motor
1372 7 2018-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe D.
lvl.2

Took my drone up last night and the camera was shaky and I could see the right landing gear in the frame. Brought it back down and noticed the camera is about 45 degrees to the right. Did gimbal and IMU calibration several times and it didn't help at all. When the drone is powered on I can take my finger and easily move the camera left and right but I can feel resistance if I try to move it up and down. So I am thinking my gimbal yaw motor is burned out. I just bought this on January 26th of this year. I bought it at Best Buy but have a feeling they won't be any help. Very disappointing. I never had a problem with my P3P.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Joe, we're sorry to hear the issue. Please kindly start a case from here and send the unit in: https://www.dji.com/support The local team will take care once the unit arrived.
2018-5-15
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-15 18:45
Hey Joe, we're sorry to hear the issue. Please kindly start a case from here and send the unit in: https://www.dji.com/support The local team will take care once the unit arrived.

I did that but have not recvd the e-mail with my shipping label. How can I get it resent? I should have got it by now.

Thank you
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Joe D. Posted at 2018-5-15 19:10
I did that but have not recvd the e-mail with my shipping label. How can I get it resent? I should have got it by now.

Thank you

Sorry for the late response. May I have your case number? I'd like to check the current status and see if we can help.
2018-5-21
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-21 01:40
Sorry for the late response. May I have your case number? I'd like to check the current status and see if we can help.

Hi Susan,

My case number is CAS-1786616-P9N5X7 but they are working on it now.

Thanks
2018-5-29
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Edit sorry wrong thread ;)
2018-5-29
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had exactly the same issue only a couple of days ago. The gimbal motors on the P4P are not fit for purpose and lack power/torque for the camera.
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Joe D. Posted at 2018-5-29 17:14
Hi Susan,

My case number is CAS-1786616-P9N5X7 but they are working on it now.

Per the case log, the unit has been shipped and the package is on the way. Do not worry, you will receive it soon. Do not hesitate to contact us if there are other things we can help.
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules