Histogram and Overexposure not Working
3493 22 2018-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HammikinSkywalk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294222 ft
United States

When trying to enable the Histogram and/or the overexposure feature in the DJI Go app, it does not enable these features in camera view. When going back into the camera settings to check, these two features go back to the "off" status.

Im using a Mavic Air and the Samsung Galaxy 7

Contacted DJI and they had me reinstall the App and factory reset/update the firmware on the drone using DJI Assistant 2. I would like to see who else might be experiancing this issue and if anyone else is having problems with their Go software and HOPEFULLY some smart folks out there that found a workaround. Thanks!
2018-5-15
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Had the very same issues with the S5 S6 & S7, I changed to ipad mini 4's and no issues with them so retired the Samsungs.  Not helpful, but that was the only solution for me.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please provide us screenshot of the image screen. What is the version of your app?
2018-5-17
Use props
HammikinSkywalk
lvl.1
United States

I borrowed an ipad mini 4 and tried it with my Mavic Air and histogram and zebras worked perfectly. This is an issue with the software and compatibility with my Galaxy 7.
2018-5-22
Use props
HammikinSkywalk
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-17 03:04
Please provide us screenshot of the image screen. What is the version of your app?

I went to post tbe screenshot and realized it was silly to post my screen to proove there was no histogram. My friends ipad mini 4 worked perfectly utilizing the same version of dji go 4 software...
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

HammikinSkywalk Posted at 2018-5-22 11:10
I went to post tbe screenshot and realized it was silly to post my screen to proove there was no histogram. My friends ipad mini 4 worked perfectly utilizing the same version of dji go 4 software...

Hi, thank you for your update. This has been forwarded to our engineers for a check, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time. Sorry for the inconvenience, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
2018-5-23
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254370 ft

Please let me add a similar notice.
Same problem with the actual version of the GO4 app and a Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Enabling or disabling of exposure warning has no result. I want to disable the exposure warning in photo mode, it stays on. After hitting the button 10 times, the software reacts.
2018-6-1
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

Has the same type of camera setup error on my two Android tablets when I operate my Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Advance. I believe it is due to a programming error in DJIGO4 V4.2.16. Will hope that the next update has those errors removed.

Regards Leif.
2018-6-1
Use props
AirRaider
New

United States

Any update on this?  Has anyone got the histogram to display on Android?  I' having the same issue and don't have an iPhone or iPad to try the fix above.
2018-10-27
Use props
djiuser_4D8nWRVq834x
New
United States

Same problem here with a new s9+. Reinstalled the app. No good.
2018-12-9
Use props
HammikinSkywalk
lvl.1
United States

I gave up on this issue. Bought an IPAD mimi. Problem solved.
2018-12-9
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

HammikinSkywalk Posted at 12-9 14:08
I gave up on this issue. Bought an IPAD mimi. Problem solved.

Works perfectly on all my Android devices Samsung and Acer.
2018-12-9
Use props
HammikinSkywalk
lvl.1
United States

That's nice of you to mention. Providing nothing to solve my issue. Thank you for your invaluable knowledge and insight...
2018-12-9
Use props
Pogo33
lvl.1

United States

I have an issue with the new Smart Controller. The Overexposure works but I cannot get the histogram to come on. Keep on clicking to go on, but when I move back to the primary wind, no histogram and when I go back to the settings it is turned off again.
2019-2-10
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pogo33 Posted at 2-10 14:26
I have an issue with the new Smart Controller. The Overexposure works but I cannot get the histogram to come on. Keep on clicking to go on, but when I move back to the primary wind, no histogram and when I go back to the settings it is turned off again.

Yep We have the same problem with our new smart controller too.

You can enable the histogram, but going back to the main screen it is not there, and going back into the menu it is disabled again.

On our previous Mavic Pro, we also had this issue when using our Crystal Sky screen.

This was fixed by using an iPad mini as the screen first, turning on the histogram, and then going back and using the crystalsky screen the histogram was enabled.

Obviously we can’t do that on this new Smart Controller.

Any ideas ?
2019-2-15
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pogo33 Posted at 2-10 14:26
I have an issue with the new Smart Controller. The Overexposure works but I cannot get the histogram to come on. Keep on clicking to go on, but when I move back to the primary wind, no histogram and when I go back to the settings it is turned off again.

Yep We have the same problem with our new smart controller too.

You can enable the histogram, but going back to the main screen it is not there, and going back into the menu it is disabled again.

On our previous Mavic Pro, we also had this issue when using our Crystal Sky screen.

This was fixed by using an iPad mini as the screen first, turning on the histogram, and then going back and using the crystalsky screen the histogram was enabled.

Obviously we can’t do that on this new Smart Controller.

Any ideas ?
2019-2-15
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you didn’t read our other post we had to send our smart controller back to dji due to the software hanging.

Well we have our new replacement controller now.

Sadly it has exactly the same issues as the previous one, so the histogram and overexposure settings do not work.

Anyone else have this issue on the smart controller?.
2019-3-29
Use props
Retlaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292 ft
United States

I just bought a Mavic Air and have the same exact problem. The histogram and overexposure settings do not work with my Galaxy s7. I have a Ipad mini with a chatter screen and I will send it to be fix and see if that is my solution. Thanks for all the info.
2019-4-18
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry we forgot to updste our posts on this thread.

Thanks to another user on here, we got a workaround for the problem.

Instead of sliding the slider action button across, stab at it from the left to the right. Instead of pushing/sliding it to the right.

It works for us!
2019-4-19
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry should have also mentioned that it works on both the over exposure slider and the histogram one too!
2019-4-19
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And one more thing to mention, this is on our new latest version of the smart controller too.

2019-4-19
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And final point to make, it also works on our CrystalSky monitor with our Inspire 2 as well.
2019-4-19
Use props
djiuser_ho1r8FFCGwSx
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-23 19:39
Hi, thank you for your update. This has been forwarded to our engineers for a check, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time. Sorry for the inconvenience, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.

This is still an issue with LG V40. Will there be any updates
2020-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules