Gimbal Motor Overload
1596 9 2018-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jerryxso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3389 ft

Hi everyone,

I purchased my mavic air on the DJI website, received the drone yesterday and attempted to fly it today(May 15). After the first flight (around my workplace) for around 2 - 3 minutes an error occur saying "Gimbal motor error". I tried to recalibrate the gimbal, but it keeps going back and forth 80 - 89%. Attempted to reinstall the firmware, but no luck at all.

I never crashed, dropped, or do anything intense on it.

Anyone experience this issue before? What can I do?

Thanks,

2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Jerry, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it, thanks!
2018-5-15
Use props
Jerryxso
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-15 22:13
Hi Jerry, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it, thanks!

今日先至第一次飛 就已經壞
2018-5-15
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Check if the gimbal is hooked under the rubber clam. Second make sure you took out the lock that holds the gimbal.
2018-5-15
Use props
Jerryxso
lvl.1

dronist Posted at 2018-5-15 22:38
Check if the gimbal is hooked under the rubber clam. Second make sure you took out the lock that holds the gimbal.

Hey, where is the rubber clam? Sorry I'm new to this. I got couple photos, hopefully, you will be able to find out.

2018-5-15
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jerryxso Posted at 2018-5-15 22:52
Hey, where is the rubber clam? Sorry I'm new to this. I got couple photos, hopefully, you will be able to find out.

[view_image]

Sorry! I thought you were talking about the MP.
2018-5-16
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

send it back to DJI for replacement is the best way. good luck!!!
2018-5-16
Use props
jstocker6869
New

United States

I am having the same issue with my mavic. Never had any problems. I flew it last week with no problems, tried today and now say motor overload.  The clamp is not on and nothing is obstructed.  I’ve been doing a little bit of research and this appears to be a pretty common problem. DJI what is your fix?
2018-5-24
Use props
Jerryxso
lvl.1

jstocker6869 Posted at 2018-5-24 12:34
I am having the same issue with my mavic. Never had any problems. I flew it last week with no problems, tried today and now say motor overload.  The clamp is not on and nothing is obstructed.  I’ve been doing a little bit of research and this appears to be a pretty common problem. DJI what is your fix?

First thing first I'm glad you have your mavic for a week. Mine died within 3 minutes during the flight. Your case is very similar to mine, but the only thing you could do is to "CALL" them and create a repair case. I have read numerous forums / posts / watch youtube videos, but at the end of the day, you still need to ship it back to dji.

:. Don't waste your time talking to DJI online support nor email them, it took me 5 days just to create the case. On the other hand, if you call them, they can help you right away.
2018-5-24
Use props
jstocker68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1739 ft

United States

Jerryxso Posted at 2018-5-24 12:49
First thing first I'm glad you have your mavic for a week. Mine died within 3 minutes during the flight. Your case is very similar to mine, but the only thing you could do is to "CALL" them and create a repair case. I have read numerous forums / posts / watch youtube videos, but at the end of the day, you still need to ship it back to dji.

:. Don't waste your time talking to DJI online support nor email them, it took me 5 days just to create the case. On the other hand, if you call them, they can help you right away.

Ok thank you
2018-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules