Firmware upgrade status??
3553 8 2015-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wanccie
lvl.2

United States

I upgraded my P3 and the controller with no issues.  Now when I start my controller and P3 the overall  status window I have the message "Aircraft upgrade required".  It never goes away.  If I manually check the status of the aircraft it is upgraded.  It's really annoying.  If I shut down the DJI app and restart it that message goes away and the overall status now says Normal (latest firmware).
Anyone else experience this issue?  Is there a way to downgrade then upgrade again.  If I put the bin file back on the SD card it won't upgrade.... already at latest level or higher.

Suggestions.....  Thanks
2015-5-12
Use props
andrelundin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1060 ft
Sweden

Hey mate, I seem to have the same problem with "Aircraft upgrade required".
I'm using the iOS app, but haven't tried shutting it down and starting it again to see if message goes away. Will try when I get home.

I've quoted Tahoe_Ed the same question about (downgrading)re-upgrading and waiting for response.
I have also sent email to DJI-support for any tips.

Cheers
2015-5-12
Use props
wanccie
lvl.2

United States

andrelundin@me. Posted at 2015-5-12 20:52
Hey mate, I seem to have the same problem with "Aircraft upgrade required".
I'm using the iOS app, b ...

Thanks for info.  

I did fail to mention I too am running the IOS app.  I have no issues other than that annoying overall status message.  

Thanks again for responding....
2015-5-12
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

I explained this issue to Tech Support Chat and they suggested fully closing the app and rebooting my iPad mini 2. It worked. It's obviously a bug that they are aware of. It doesn't seem to affect the operation, but should be corrected.
2015-5-12
Use props
wanccie
lvl.2

United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2015-5-13 01:28
I explained this issue to Tech Support Chat and they suggested fully closing the app and rebooting m ...

Does it fix completely or does it come back each time you power up the P3?  If I close the app after the initial startup the error message goes away.  The problem is on the next flight it's back again and I have to do the same procedure again. PIA...

Thanks
Lloyd
2015-5-12
Use props
Jon.hopkins.1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

this happened to me when i removed the upgrade file from the SD. Since putting it back i have had no issues of course it won't upgrade as you already have upgraded. I think it just likes having it there.  
2015-5-12
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
United States

wanccie Posted at 2015-5-13 04:04
Does it fix completely or does it come back each time you power up the P3?  If I close the app aft ...

Sadly, the problem returns when you reopen the app without a reboot of the iPad. The Tech didn't seem too concerned about it, so it probably doesn't affect the flight (I hope).
2015-5-12
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
United States

Jon.hopkins.1@o Posted at 2015-5-13 04:23
this happened to me when i removed the upgrade file from the SD. Since putting it back i have had no ...

The bin file was on the SD when I first noticed it. I verified the txt file for status and then deleted it as a test. So, the app reported software update needed both before and after. I'll put the bin file back tonight and check again.
2015-5-12
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
United States

Jon.hopkins.1@o Posted at 2015-5-13 04:23
this happened to me when i removed the upgrade file from the SD. Since putting it back i have had no ...

DJI did say to leave the update bin file on the SD. Remove the txt file only if you have multiple controllers.
2015-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules