P3P, contoller and crystalsky issues
412 6 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ConnyLar
New
Sweden

Need help! I know almost nothing about drones but know my ways around computers so that's why my father asked me to help him install his new crystalsky, the "large but not so bright" version I believe. (this is his account here on dji)

So, powered on the CS and added it to wifi, linked it to my fathers account etc and it then found an update that I installed. Connected to the drone without issues but CS claimed it needed firmware update. Downloaded it onto memory card, powered on drone and waited until light was green. Checked card in computer and found result:

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Removed firmware file from card and started up drone with it again and then the problems began :-(
Drone and controller seemed "paired" but connection got interrupted every two seconds or so, led on controller keept altering between green and red. Tested to relink the two but made no difference. When starting the app (dji go or something like that?) on the CS it didn't find the model, that had to be selected, and it alerted about updates required, but when clicking that the Overall Status screen was totally blank. Also a lot of audio alerts about limited range distance etc that kept repeating. I poked around a bit in the CS and found that remote controller had version 1.8.0, but flight controller sn was empty (are they the same unit?) Then tested to load same firmware file as used on the drone onto a USB stick and insert into controller and power on, but nothing happend.

So, what can be the issue here? Without CS connected the controller still blink green and red so I guess there's a communication issue between drone and controller and CS has nothing to dowith it? Ideas anyone?

2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The issue might be the RC. Since the RC is already on 1.8.0, it is not using the SD card to update.
Please try to press and hold the three dashes icon on the upper right on the first page of the DJI GO app for about 9 seconds after the RC is connected. Then it will pop up a window for you to download the firmware.
Please download the latest firmware for it and update. See if it works.
2018-5-16
Use props
ConnyLar
New
Sweden

Nothing happens when clicking "Start Upgrade"?

2018-5-17
Use props
ConnyLar
New
Sweden

Not from here either, or should I do something completly different?

2018-5-17
Use props
ConnyLar
New
Sweden

I've now re-updated crystalsky from micro-sd card, then reset to factory default but still nothing happens when pressing Start Update. Is there any way to force update from USB memory or so?
2018-5-17
Use props
ConnyLar
New
Sweden

Ha, problem solved! Downloaded the app onto my ipad instead, plugged in and controller accepted firmware update right away. Resynced controller and all green. Now waiting for happy father :-)
Thanks for the tip about controller firmware!
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ConnyLar Posted at 2018-5-17 12:01
Ha, problem solved! Downloaded the app onto my ipad instead, plugged in and controller accepted firmware update right away. Resynced controller and all green. Now waiting for happy father :-)
Thanks for the tip about controller firmware!

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to see the issue has been figured out. Wish you have a good time with the drone.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules