938 2 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Proteus88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105026 ft
Canada

Hi guys,
Brand new to drones and filming but going on a big trip through South America this summer and want to bring my new Mavic Air with me.

Question: Is there anyway to charge in the field when power outlets aren't availible?

I expected to see a ton of posts about this but have a lot of trouble finding any good info.

So far I've stumbled across these two products but not sure if they give you many charges?

https://www.amazon.ca/Mophie-pow ... ;keywords=mophie+ac

and

https://www.amazon.ca/Portable-R ... product_top?ie=UTF8

Thank you all!
2018-5-16
Use props
CanadaMark
lvl.2
Canada

The Mophie Powerstation AC is fairly new but is popular with the YouTubers and Mophie is a reputable brand.  Both seem fine, the Mophie looks a lot nicer though (aesthetically) IMO.  It used to be $122 CAD as a special introductory price and I am still kicking myself for not picking one up at that time (I am in Canada too).

The Mavic Air batteries are 2375 mAh, and they will never be fully discharged when you go to recharge them.  The Mophie is 22,000 mAh, the RavPower is 27,000 mAh, so you're looking at somewhere around 11-13 charges depending on the pack (assuming a generous 2000mAh charge, but in reality it's probably more like 1700-1900 mAh unless you're running them really low which you shouldn't be).
2018-5-16
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

I'm also in the market for some kind of battery charging station for prolonged stretches off the grid.

Currently investigating the Yeti Goal Zero line of Battery Powered Generators that charge via solar panels. They are very pricey but look like they could power an entire camp for a week or so.

Interested in hearing more experienced replies.
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules