Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile 2 external microphone (wired or wireless)
26801 27 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PascalF
lvl.1
Canada

Is there any way to use a wireless Bluetooth microphone or a bluetooth headset, headphone or earbud to record sound with the Osmo Mobile 2?

Is it planned?

I can't even use the DJI GO app works with a wired (plugged-in) microphone with an Android phone.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Being able to use an external microphone would be a game changer for mobile vlogging...

Thanks for your help.

2018-5-16
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

I think so.
If you skip using the DJI app, use the native camera app for your phone, you can use the bluetooth for the sound recording.
Also, Filmic pro can detect external microphones via the 3.5mm headphone socket - you'll need a small 3.5mm adapter. You will need to adjust the balance of the phone in the OM2 for the additonal weight.  
You'll need to mount the mic too - you could get a cheap L bracket, attached it to the bottom via the screw thread, and use the hot shoe connection for the external mic.
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Pascal, there is no external mic can be recommended to record the audio at the moment, you can try kbm79's suggestion.
2018-5-17
Use props
PascalF
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-17 02:06
Pascal, there is no external mic can be recommended to record the audio at the moment, you can try kbm79's suggestion.

Is recognizing external microphones (Bluetooth or wired) with the DJI app and the Osmo 2 a planned feature? It makes the app quite useless for recording live videos (Facebook, YouTube...) in noisy environnement...
2018-5-18
Use props
PascalF
lvl.1
Canada

kbm79 Posted at 2018-5-17 00:04
I think so.
If you skip using the DJI app, use the native camera app for your phone, you can use the bluetooth for the sound recording.
Also, Filmic pro can detect external microphones via the 3.5mm headphone socket - you'll need a small 3.5mm adapter. You will need to adjust the balance of the phone in the OM2 for the additonal weight.  

Great suggestion, thanks!

But then you loose the auto tracking feature of the DJI GO app, wich would have been amazing for Facebook live videos.   
2018-5-18
Use props
PascalF
lvl.1
Canada

RE: Osmo Mobile 2 external microphone (wired or wireless) SOLUTION?

Well, it seems that the free app BTmono does the job of « hijacking » the Bluetooth audio of a wireless headphone or headset.
(On a OnePlus 5t with Android 8.1.0)

If a simple free app can do it... (just because it worked, I paid a dollar for the Premium version...)

BTmono app

BTmono app

2018-5-18
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
United Kingdom

PascalF Posted at 2018-5-18 06:09
Great suggestion, thanks!

But then you loose the auto tracking feature of the DJI GO app, wich would have been amazing for Facebook live videos.

Well, until DJI update the app to accept an external microphone, you're a bit stuck.

Others have the same problem and have no solution..https://forum.dji.com/thread-77029-1-1.html

2018-5-19
Use props
PascalF
lvl.1
Canada

kbm79 Posted at 2018-5-19 00:33
Well, until DJI update the app to accept an external microphone, you're a bit stuck.

Others have the same problem and have no solution..https://forum.dji.com/thread-77029-1-1.html

I sincerely think it would be a game changing feature to add, especially with the Osmo Mobile 2 (that has no mic input), for live video using a simple Bluetooth headset/headphone for audio... I'm amazed that BTmono can allow Bluethooth audio to be used but no other camera app...
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PascalF Posted at 2018-5-18 06:06
Is recognizing external microphones (Bluetooth or wired) with the DJI app and the Osmo 2 a planned feature? It makes the app quite useless for recording live videos (Facebook, YouTube...) in noisy environnement...

We have no idea if this function will be available soon but your request will be transferred to our development team, we will keep improving our products with more features.
2018-5-21
Use props
PascalF
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-21 07:21
We have no idea if this function will be available soon but your request will be transferred to our development team, we will keep improving our products with more features.

Please do! Having to rely on an external app to record with an external mic is really not convenient.

And the Osmo Mobile 2 would be much more appealing if you could choose a wired or wireless audio source!
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PascalF Posted at 2018-5-22 04:05
Please do! Having to rely on an external app to record with an external mic is really not convenient.

And the Osmo Mobile 2 would be much more appealing if you could choose a wired or wireless audio source!

Your request has been forwarded, hope it will be available in the future.
2018-5-24
Use props
drnick
lvl.1
United States

Have to second the point made by Pascal - without an external mic access the value and usability of DJI is very limited
THe whole point is easy ready to post video - adding separate audio recording makes this an experts game and since audio is 80% of the value in video we are precluded from creating good content
2018-7-9
Use props
Sebastiano_
lvl.1
Austria

I do not get it why DJI does not include a Microphone jack in the Osmo mobile handle like they do with the Osmo /Osmo+. As the iPhone is connected through lightning to the gimbal it should be possible to work that out. It would be so convenient to simply plug a rode video micro to into the microphone jack in the handle and go shooting.
Bluetooth would be an alternative, hope DJI thinks about that.

Just a side note to DJI. I would have got the Osmo 2 mobile when there would be a microphone jack.

I do not know why Audio gets so ignored...
2018-7-12
Use props
8TrackMind
lvl.1
Canada

drnick Posted at 2018-7-9 05:39
Have to second the point made by Pascal - without an external mic access the value and usability of DJI is very limited
THe whole point is easy ready to post video - adding separate audio recording makes this an experts game and since audio is 80% of the value in video we are precluded from creating good content

It's true that syncing audio to video through the camera is easier, but syncing an external audio recorder to your footage is hardly rocket science.

Let me hold your hand through it:
Plug lavalier mic into recorder.
Hook lav to subject.
Start recording video.
Use a clapper (Or even just the subject clapping their hands clearly to the camera).
Record video.
In post, sync the spike in the audio to the moment when the clapper closes on video.
Eh voila! You've just cracked the DaVinci-code! You've landed a man on the moon! You computed all of Pi! You've synced an external audio recording to video!
2018-7-25
Use props
CruiseHabit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just throwing my support in for a good audio solution here.  Ideally, I'd like to see a 3.5mm jack on the device (either TRSS or standard) that then relays the audio to the phone via BT.  

Right now I can't plug my mic into the phone while using Osmo 2 (balance/strain) and can't find a good way to send audio via a TRSS or standard 3.5mm mic to the phone via BT.
2018-12-2
Use props
djiuser_qrSW8DaCX6Hv
lvl.1
Finland

#Dji Mindy, can you please update on feature availability?
Thank you!
2018-12-6
Use props
djiuser_qrSW8DaCX6Hv
lvl.1
Finland

#Dji Mindy, can you please update on feature availability?
Thank you!
2018-12-6
Use props
alexborghi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8878 ft
Thailand

i use a wireless mic set with my osmo 2 and i phone6s, it works really good. just connect the receiver on the phone jack, turn on the transmitter and plug the lapel mic on you, i use boya and im recording lots of footage of my travel photography online course with no problem.
2019-1-13
Use props
PragueGuy
New
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-24 04:07
Your request has been forwarded, hope it will be available in the future.

So how is it going? Still no support for an external microphone, which should be quite easy to fix in a software update
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PragueGuy Posted at 3-12 06:22
So how is it going? Still no support for an external microphone, which should be quite easy to fix in a software update

Hi PragueGuy, I didn't receive any info when the Osmo Mobile 2 will support the external microphone, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-3-13
Use props
Sheila
lvl.1

Canada

alexborghi Posted at 1-13 15:46
i use a wireless mic set with my osmo 2 and i phone6s, it works really good. just connect the receiver on the phone jack, turn on the transmitter and plug the lapel mic on you, i use boya and im recording lots of footage of my travel photography online course with no problem.

Hey what brand are you using?  I have an iPhone 7. I REALLY REALLY want the OSMO Mobile 2 THOUGH have to have a mic
2019-3-19
Use props
Sheila
lvl.1

Canada

Sheila Posted at 3-19 08:33
Hey what brand are you using?  I have an iPhone 7. I REALLY REALLY want the OSMO Mobile 2 THOUGH have to have a mic

Well THAT"S embarrassing! When I read 'boya' I thought like an army 'HoooYa'
2019-3-19
Use props
Sheila
lvl.1

Canada

Sheila Posted at 3-19 08:33

2019-3-19
Use props
cyberworld23
New
Indonesia

kbm79 Posted at 2018-5-17 00:04
I think so.

Yes ur right..but we'll some feature on dji osmo mobile 2..like active tracking and so on
2019-6-28
Use props
djiuser_RaInVfV34iB3
New

United States

I have exactly the same issue.  Please put the engineers on this one.  Plus a iPhone XS doesn't have a jack.
2019-8-15
Use props
djiuser_qrSW8DaCX6Hv
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-3-13 04:16
Hi PragueGuy, I didn't receive any info when the Osmo Mobile 2 will support the external microphone, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi DJI Mindy, what’s up with the solution?
Thanks
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_qrSW8DaCX6Hv
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-3-13 04:16

Hi DJI Mindy, what’s up with the solution?
Thanks
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_N8beylZRygR7
New

New Zealand

DJI Mindy,  you guys are missing a trick here.  In education we're increasingly looking to new technology for video recording but if we can't record the audio easily then we're not going to adopt Osmo.  It's a crying shame.  You really should get the engineers to find a fix here as this problem has been unresolved for far too long.   In the covid era we need to make good quality teaching videos and you guys could lead the field with gimbal and external mic combined.   

Andy
2020-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules