Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Range... Up 30 degrees?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulOTron
lvl.2

United States

If I understand correctly, I should be able to pitch the camera up 30 degrees, unlike the P2V+ which will not go above horizontal.  Below is from page 32 of the current manual.  (Advanced model.)

But um... I can't.  My gimbal stops at horizontal.  Any idea why?

P3Amanual.jpg
P2Specs.jpg
P3specs.jpg
2015-5-12
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

You need to change the gimbal settings in the app. By default it does not go up.
2015-5-12
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Have you enabled this in the Pilot App?
2015-5-12
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

4 dots menu -> Gimbal section (before last one) -> Advanced setting...
2015-5-12
Use props
PaulOTron
lvl.2

United States

Thanks to all who replied.  Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure the fix is identified.
2015-5-12
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

You don't want to do that - you'll just get the props in the shot!
2015-5-12
Use props
PaulOTron
lvl.2

United States

aaron.ferguson@ Posted at 2015-5-13 00:03
You don't want to do that - you'll just get the props in the shot!

Yes, I do want to do that... Or at least I will occasionally.  But it's nice to know I can set it to stop at horizontal if I choose.

As someone else pointed out in another thread, P3 pilots are either into videography/photography and editing, or they're just the type who just like to fly and look at the screen via lighbridge.  I'm the latter.  That's why I got the Advanced version.

I rarely edit video or provide footage to anyone, but sometimes I like to review it later to "relive" the flight if I saw something spectacular.
2015-5-12
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Gimbal -> Advanced Settings -> Gimbal Pitch
GimbalPitch.jpg

2015-5-12
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've use the tilt up capability of the camera primarily for three things: 1) getting an upper body shot of myself (or others) standing 8-20 feet away from quad PRIOR to takeoff or while descending the last few feet to land (instead of just from the waist down); 2) to capture photo or video of birds flying nearby as they climb above current copter altitude without increasing quad altitude, and 3) finding birds flying nearby that appear to be at same height as my quad from my ground level vantage point but are actually higher (or lower) than my quad.
2015-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules