DJI Assistant 2 doesn't detect Mavic air controller
11050 65 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mavic Dave Posted at 2018-10-15 05:20
Update to above.  Flew one battery today and all is well again.

Hope this thing is cured.

Sorry for the trouble. In this case, I suggest that you try to go to the RC calibration page, then check if the RC has inputs without touching the stick. If yes, please finish the calibration and check again. If the issue persists, you may need to send the RC in for diagnosis. In case there is a need, here is the link for applying the online repair: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index, thank you.
2018-10-15
Use props
Thatsodd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1385 ft
United Kingdom

hi im also having problems after a firmware update for my controller came on my app yesterday 20th oct 2018 it got to 5% then failed i tried a few more times after that then  still only 5% i put a thread on here an admin got back to me asking me to do it through assistant  2 but i was getting a driver error  on my pc  is there any fix for this error
2018-10-21
Use props
MiguelCT
New
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-17 20:09
If you are interested in, I can provide you with a beta driver to try. Let me know if you would like to access the driver.

Hello Thor!

Can you please send me the Beta Driver?

Thank you!
2018-10-25
Use props
pamimies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643898 ft
  • >>>
Finland

F-this sh*t,so poor from DJI,havent been able to fly my MA for over a week now,tried everything.Cannot connect my RC to PC,so that i could downgrade firmware on remote.First snow came today so i tried to fly,and almost crashed MA.Was flying carefully and when i let go of the remote sticks,instead of hovering,the MA kept coming towards me,and only after it was close enough the wall behind me,it stopped because APAS.I checked all the possible errors before the flight,and nothing,all was good to go for fly,but boom.Now i am interest what they find?So saddened that i cant fly now,because of the snow,but thankfully i live almost in lapland so there will be time to fly in snowing contidions.
2018-10-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

pamimies Posted at 2018-10-25 10:58
F-this sh*t,so poor from DJI,havent been able to fly my MA for over a week now,tried everything.Cannot connect my RC to PC,so that i could downgrade firmware on remote.First snow came today so i tried to fly,and almost crashed MA.Was flying carefully and when i let go of the remote sticks,instead of hovering,the MA kept coming towards me,and only after it was close enough the wall behind me,it stopped because APAS.I checked all the possible errors before the flight,and nothing,all was good to go for fly,but boom.Now i am interest what they find?So saddened that i cant fly now,because of the snow,but thankfully i live almost in lapland so there will be time to fly in snowing contidions.

Have you looked at your FlightLog data (from SmartDevice you use) to see if your RC was still commanding your Mavic Air to fly forward, after you let go of sticks?  Could be RC needs calibrating.

Anyway, since you can't connect RC to PC, and you can't fly due to it snowing, might be a good time to send RC into DJI for repair.

2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thatsodd Posted at 2018-10-21 03:13
hi im also having problems after a firmware update for my controller came on my app yesterday 20th oct 2018 it got to 5% then failed i tried a few more times after that then  still only 5% i[view_image] put a thread on here an admin got back to me asking me to do it through assistant  2 but i was getting a driver error  on my pc  is there any fix for this error

Hi there, please help to check if there is a usbser.sys file in the C://WINDOWS/system32/drivers directory. If not, I will PM you the link of the file, please put the file in this directory and then refresh the driver.
If the usbser.sys file is in there, please try to disable the Signed Driver Enforcement and refresh the driver. See if this help.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MiguelCT Posted at 2018-10-25 02:37
Hello Thor!

Can you please send me the Beta Driver?

Hi MiguelCT, I had PMd you the details and the link, please check, thank you.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

pamimies Posted at 2018-10-25 10:58
F-this sh*t,so poor from DJI,havent been able to fly my MA for over a week now,tried everything.Cannot connect my RC to PC,so that i could downgrade firmware on remote.First snow came today so i tried to fly,and almost crashed MA.Was flying carefully and when i let go of the remote sticks,instead of hovering,the MA kept coming towards me,and only after it was close enough the wall behind me,it stopped because APAS.I checked all the possible errors before the flight,and nothing,all was good to go for fly,but boom.Now i am interest what they find?So saddened that i cant fly now,because of the snow,but thankfully i live almost in lapland so there will be time to fly in snowing contidions.

Pamimies, I am sorry for the issue with your drone. In your case, I suggest trying to update the firmware of both the drone and RC to the latest firmware (AC: v01.00.0500; RC: v01.00.0200), I will PM you the link of the driver, please try the driver and see if you can connect the RC to the PC for updating. After that, please calibrate the RC sticks. If there is anything abnormal, I don't suggest continuing flying the drone, please send it in for diagnosis. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support.
Besides, we may not recommend flying in snowy condition, thank you for your attention. en.png
2018-10-25
Use props
pamimies
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-25 21:34
Pamimies, I am sorry for the issue with your drone. In your case, I suggest trying to update the firmware of both the drone and RC to the latest firmware (AC: v01.00.0500; RC: v01.00.0200), I will PM you the link of the driver, please try the driver and see if you can connect the RC to the PC for updating. After that, please calibrate the RC sticks. If there is anything abnormal, I don't suggest continuing flying the drone, please send it in for diagnosis. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support.
Besides, we may not recommend flying in snowy condition, thank you for your attention.[view_image]

I had the newest version of firmware,and i booted my MA to factory settings,then re-installed newest version of firmware,but the problems existed.i was trying to downgrade the firmware,so i could see if the 0.500 was  the issue.The problem was that i couldn't connect the rc to pc.But i made repair inquiry,and ups came to collect it.Now well see what is the issue in the MA.And no,i do not fly when it is raining,or snowing.It had snowed at night,so it would had been cool to took my MA up in the sky,to shoot white landscape ;)Thank you for the reply.
2018-10-27
Use props
pamimies
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-10-25 19:31
Have you looked at your FlightLog data (from SmartDevice you use) to see if your RC was still commanding your Mavic Air to fly forward, after you let go of sticks?  Could be RC needs calibrating.

Anyway, since you can't connect RC to PC, and you can't fly due to it snowing, might be a good time to send RC into DJI for repair.

I had calibrated everything,many times.Unisntalled and re-installed all firmware and no help.MA i s now heading towards repair,well see what was the issue.I do not now what to look from flightlog data.Thanks for reply!
2018-10-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

pamimies Posted at 2018-10-27 11:22
I had the newest version of firmware,and i booted my MA to factory settings,then re-installed newest version of firmware,but the problems existed.i was trying to downgrade the firmware,so i could see if the 0.500 was  the issue.The problem was that i couldn't connect the rc to pc.But i made repair inquiry,and ups came to collect it.Now well see what is the issue in the MA.And no,i do not fly when it is raining,or snowing.It had snowed at night,so it would had been cool to took my MA up in the sky,to shoot white landscape ;)Thank you for the reply.

Pamimies, I am sorry for the late reply, as you had shipped the drone back for repair, the local team will help to check when they receive the package. Hope you'll get the drone back soon. If there is any assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2018-10-30
Use props
mois_mosh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181929 ft
Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 10-30 18:12
Pamimies, I am sorry for the late reply, as you had shipped the drone back for repair, the local team will help to check when they receive the package. Hope you'll get the drone back soon. If there is any assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.

Hi DJI Thor. Can you send me link for beta assistant? I have same issue. PC wont detect controller.
Thanks
2018-11-1
Use props
amaury_descours
lvl.1
Flight distance : 530082 ft
France

Hi DJI Thor, could you please PM me the Win10 driver link? Thank you
2018-11-1
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

Possible workaround

Hello,
To solve your problem, please download the drivers here :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvgmk8 ... it%2664bit.exe?dl=0

WIndows 10 will mount the CDC acm data and the com port as a usb serial device.

This also solves the new dji flight simulator unable to use your mavic air rc !
2018-11-1
Use props
amaury_descours
lvl.1
Flight distance : 530082 ft
France

rdsb Posted at 11-1 05:47
Hello,

Fantastic rdsb! It now works flawlessly. Thanks a lot for your help.
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mois_mosh Posted at 11-1 03:25
Hi DJI Thor. Can you send me link for beta assistant? I have same issue. PC wont detect controller.
Thanks

Hi there, you may try rdsb's suggestion on 54#, and I had also sent you the tutorial. Please try and see if that fixe your case.
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

rdsb Posted at 11-1 05:47
Hello,

Hi rdsb, would you mind my sharing your workaround to others? Look forward to your reply.
2018-11-1
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

DJI Thor Posted at 11-1 20:31
Hi rdsb, would you mind my sharing your workaround to others? Look forward to your reply.

Hello DJI Thor, and forum members reading this answer

I've found another problem using those drivers : you cannot copy any more files from your Mavic air to your Pc with an Usb cable.
A much better solution is to use the drivers included in the Program Files (x86) /DJI Flight Simulator folder
File name is dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe

For those who have used the other drivers, you have to permanently uninstall the usb and com drivers you see when you manage your computer in the peripherals option.
Plug and unplug your drone to see what appears /disappears

Keep the rc drivers. Then you will both be able to play with the simulator AND copy files from your mavic Air !

If you are unsure, use the Windows Restore point function : create a restore point, and in case of a failure, you will be able to restore what you removed / changed !
2018-11-2
Use props
mois_mosh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181929 ft
Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 11-1 20:26
Hi there, you may try rdsb's suggestion on 54#, and I had also sent you the tutorial. Please try and see if that fixe your case.

Yes it works, thank you
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

rdsb Posted at 11-2 01:43
Hello DJI Thor, and forum members reading this answer

I've found another problem using those drivers : you cannot copy any more files from your Mavic air to your Pc with an Usb cable.

Thanks for sharing your experience, hope this helps others who have the problems.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mois_mosh Posted at 11-3 19:32
Yes it works, thank you

Thanks for your update, it is great to know that the issue is resolved, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2018-11-5
Use props
djiuser_FXEEkoWMQehn
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi,
I recently purchased Mavic Air and facing similar issue.
Am using windows10;
-Aircraft was detected but not the controller.
Please help.

TIA
2019-12-13
Use props
djiuser_FXEEkoWMQehn
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi,
I recently purchased Mavic Air and facing similar issue.
Am using windows10;
-Aircraft was detected but not the controller.
Please help.

TIA
2019-12-13
Use props
dronelover2020
lvl.1

Canada

WebParrot Posted at 2018-5-18 03:51
See Post #5 above.  [ sky6105 ], then select his link to prior thread.  In that thread, post #7, he confirms the advice works.  Delete Assist2, install "old" version of Assist2, use old Assist 2 to "update" to latest version of Assist2.  He also provides a link to the old Assist2 version.

still not working
2020-4-30
Use props
awangtay
lvl.1

Malaysia

My RC (Mavic Air) stick has something wrong, it move backward and downward when I controlling backward.

Trying to update the firmware but dji assistant 2 (window 10) does not detect the RC.

Could anyone help me?
2021-3-14
Use props
djiuser_I4tBvAJK87tt
New

Canada

Please send me a link as well Thor.  Just got a used /new mavic and the same issue has occurred.  
2021-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules