12Next >
11049 65 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Himanshu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118881 ft
Germany

Hello !!  DJI Assistant 2 on my windows 7 is unable to recognize Mavic Air controller where as with aircraft doesn't have any issue. I updated the firmware as well as calibrated the air craft with Assistant 2. I tried changing USB ports and found that drivers for controller are not installed. Windows detect controller as  CDC Abstract Control Module  device. Then from another DJI mavic forum I got this link for the drivers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... pYOXJRWkpzSFE/view. Downloaded, tried but still windows was unable to recognize my controller. Will be grateful If anyone who can help me in the issue .
2018-5-17
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

As simplistic as it may sound, try a different "data" cable, too.  Many months ago I had a similar experience and learned that the controller contacts were finicky.   Otherwise I have no other ideas.
2018-5-17
Use props
Himanshu
lvl.1
India

WebParrot Posted at 2018-5-17 03:42
As simplistic as it may sound, try a different "data" cable, too.  Many months ago I had a similar experience and learned that the controller contacts were finicky.   Otherwise I have no other ideas.

Sir I tried everything so far. Changed data cable, tried different USB ports but no result.
2018-5-17
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

This issue rised by many before already but still didn't see the fix from DJI. Don't know when they will fix it.
2018-5-17
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

here;s an another post on the same issue that I had, lots of good advice.
Old Post same issue
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you are interested in, I can provide you with a beta driver to try. Let me know if you would like to access the driver.
2018-5-17
Use props
Himanshu
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-17 20:09
If you are interested in, I can provide you with a beta driver to try. Let me know if you would like to access the driver.

Hello Thor !! Sure please. Will try the same and let you know. Thanks
2018-5-18
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Himanshu Posted at 2018-5-18 00:22

See Post #5 above.  [ sky6105 ], then select his link to prior thread.  In that thread, post #7, he confirms the advice works.  Delete Assist2, install "old" version of Assist2, use old Assist 2 to "update" to latest version of Assist2.  He also provides a link to the old Assist2 version.
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Himanshu Posted at 2018-5-18 00:22

Sorry for the delay, mate. Driver link sent. please connect the RC to the PC and keep the RC powering on when installing the driver. Then restart the DJI Assistant 2 and the RC and connect again. See if it helps.

2018-5-23
Use props
Himanshu
lvl.1
India

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-23 00:23
Sorry for the delay, mate. Driver link sent. please connect the RC to the PC and keep the RC powering on when installing the driver. Then restart the DJI Assistant 2 and the RC and connect again. See if it helps.

Hi Thor !!
I didn't find drivers anywhere in the reply. Did u send through some separate link?
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Himanshu Posted at 2018-5-24 01:55
Hi Thor !!
I didn't find drivers anywhere in the reply. Did u send through some separate link?

Hi Himanshu, I am sorry, I should've made it more clear. I had sent the link via PM, please check if you have received it.
Let me know if you haven't got it, thank you.
2018-5-24
Use props
Avian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89301 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

HI DJI Thor, please send me the Beta driver as well
2018-5-24
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

Avian Posted at 2018-5-24 22:00
HI DJI Thor, please send me the Beta driver as well

Sent to you buddy.
Thor has sent to me in a different occasion & worked.

Good luck.
2018-5-24
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

My software see's the controller but says "Unable to read software version"
2018-5-24
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone please post the beta driver? Can't seem to connect it to Windows 10.
2018-5-26
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Yes same here. I wasted an hour trying then gave up and did it through the phone app.
2018-5-27
Use props
FlightWork
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-23 00:23
Sorry for the delay, mate. Driver link sent. please connect the RC to the PC and keep the RC powering on when installing the driver. Then restart the DJI Assistant 2 and the RC and connect again. See if it helps.

I know this is an old thread but I am having the same RC connect issue. J have been through numerous threads with no success.

Windows 8.1 Assistatnt 2 her 1.2.4

AC connects fine. Both A.C. and remote connect through mobile device using Go 4 app.

Device manager shows warning at CDC and virtual com port.

2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2018-5-26 07:57
Can someone please post the beta driver? Can't seem to connect it to Windows 10.

Hi there, sorry for the late reply, I had PMd you the link, please check. Thank you.
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

joe_gadget Posted at 2018-5-27 23:33
Yes same here. I wasted an hour trying then gave up and did it through the phone app.

Hi Joe, sorry for the late reply. The update can also be done via the DJI GO 4 app. However, if you would love to access the driver, you can let me know, I am glad to send to you.
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

FlightWork Posted at 2018-10-7 04:21
I know this is an old thread but I am having the same RC connect issue. J have been through numerous threads with no success.

Windows 8.1 Assistatnt 2 her 1.2.4

Hi FlightWork, please check the device manager and try to install the driver again. I will PM you the tutorial. Please check, thank you.
2018-10-7
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Thor, could you send me the driver, I've not been able to use the assistant with the controller.
Cheers.
2018-10-7
Use props
FlightWork
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-7 23:22
Hi FlightWork, please check the device manager and try to install the driver again. I will PM you the tutorial. Please check, thank you.

Success!!

I used the software in the 2nd link after running Revo Uninstaller. All is well.

Thank you so very much, Thor!!
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

FlightWork Posted at 2018-10-8 05:34
Success!!

I used the software in the 2nd link after running Revo Uninstaller. All is well.

Thank you for getting back, great to know that it is working now.
2018-10-8
Use props
Nanolab
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122165 ft
France

Hi DJI Thor, could you please send me too the driver, my Win 10 doesn't see the RC here...
Thanks !
2018-10-8
Use props
fans92f6af90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1018448 ft
Denmark

This does indeed look like a generic problem in  Assistant 2 that ought to be fixed by DJI, and thus be available for all users.
2018-10-8
Use props
N3CAL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft
United States

I'm as well having issues with DJI Assistant 2 (1.2.4) not recognizing the Mavic Air Remote Controller???   I've had no luck following the many posts on several related threads here!   I've reloaded the Mavic Air Firmware .500 without issues but need to reload the Remote firmware.   If there is a Beta Driver i request help in downloading it.  (not sure why DJI does not make it available to all??)
2018-10-9
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft

fans92f6af90 Posted at 2018-10-8 22:37
This does indeed look like a generic problem in  Assistant 2 that ought to be fixed by DJI, and thus be available for all users.

It's been a problem with some users including myself since day one, I think the solution that worked for me was to uninstall anything to do with DJI then install (I think) it was v07  an early version of DJI assistant 2 over the top and since then it worked, but thought I would give DJI Go 4 on the iphone a go for v 500 firmware and worked perfectly... saying that I've yet to fly.... Gulp!
2018-10-9
Use props
N3CAL
lvl.2
United States

Well this is getting frustrating!  I just spent about an hour online chat with DJI Customer Service about this issue and was told the Mavic Air remote control is not compatible with DJI Assistant 2.   they were not able to help me!  

2018-10-9
Use props
N3CAL
lvl.2
United States

All I want to do is downgrade from the Mavic Air .500 Firmware / Remote Control .0200 Firmware to the previous version (.500/.0??) because I'm getting too much gimble drift and frequent severe interferrance with drop outs at close range like 100' or less.   this wasn't happening before the update.

i was able to downgrade the Mavic Air to.400 but not the remote.  

2018-10-9
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41161 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-8 18:18

Can you send me a link to the driver as well.  I have another post uploaded describing a constant beep with the controller when I switch it on.  My computer will not recognize the controller and the last update was via DJI Go 4.  Drone and RC are updated to latest firmware.

The problem I have is inconsistent.  It happens when I switch the RC on by itself, no drone, no phone.

Sometimes it works normally and the orange light simply flashes.  On other occasions it beeps constantly.
2018-10-9
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

DJI Thor supplied me with this driver back in March when I was tearing my hair out -- and it worked!
2018-10-9
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

DJI Thor supplied me with this driver back in March when I was tearing my hair out -- and it worked! (Win 10)

When I updated to 0500 yesterday, same thing, Ass 2 would not see the RC -- reinstalled it and  sure enough, it worked again.

2018-10-9
Use props
N3CAL
lvl.2
United States

Bluehook thank you very much for the download link!  I was finally able to downgrade the remote control back to .0100 along with .400 for the time being.  Thanks!
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mavic Dave Posted at 2018-10-9 12:14
Can you send me a link to the driver as well.  I have another post uploaded describing a constant beep with the controller when I switch it on.  My computer will not recognize the controller and the last update was via DJI Go 4.  Drone and RC are updated to latest firmware.

The problem I have is inconsistent.  It happens when I switch the RC on by itself, no drone, no phone.

Hi Dave, for the beeping issue of your RC, as you mentioned that it happened after the firmware update, I suggest that you try to refresh the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2 again.
If the issue persists, please power on the RC, connect to the DJI GO 4 app, go to the RC calibration section, check if the RC stick has input without touching them. If yes, you may need to send the RC in.
If there is no input shown on the app, please provide me with a screenshot of the firmware list (General Settings > About) and a video of this case for further confirmation.
For the driver, you can refer to the link Bluehook posted above, I will also send you again via PM, thanks.
2018-10-9
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-8 18:18

Thank you Thor for sending me the Assistant 2 beta.  It worked (apart from my virus checker blocking a couple of files which I have got around).

Anyway RC is refreshed to latest firmware and re-calibrated.

Now, we will see if it works.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mavic Dave Posted at 2018-10-10 11:55
Thank you Thor for sending me the Assistant 2 beta.  It worked (apart from my virus checker blocking a couple of files which I have got around).

Anyway RC is refreshed to latest firmware and re-calibrated.

Thanks for your update, Dave. Please keep us updated about the result.
2018-10-11
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-11 18:38
Thanks for your update, Dave. Please keep us updated about the result.

All seems OK now, flew one battery yesterday and no issues.

Appreciate you help
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mavic Dave Posted at 2018-10-12 00:42
All seems OK now, flew one battery yesterday and no issues.

Appreciate you help

Great to know that, please do more tests when it is convenient. If there is anything abnormal, please feel free to let us know. Thanks.
2018-10-12
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-12 19:46
Great to know that, please do more tests when it is convenient. If there is anything abnormal, please feel free to let us know. Thanks.

Hi Thor.  Took the Mavic out yesterday to photograph the roof of a property that we own.  I wanted to check for storm damage.  Anyway, when in hover the Mavic started to yaw to the right.  No input from the controls.  It did a 90 degree yaw to the right before I took control and centered it again.  It did this twice.

I have heard others complain of this with a previous version of firmware.  But I have never had any problems.

Brought the Mavic home.  Re-calibrated compass, RC and IMU.

I also changed the EXP Rotate left/right to 0.20
Yaw endpoint movement limit to 40

Finally I adjusted the gimbal to settings I had previously.

I hope the re calibration of the IMU has fixed this issue.

Is there anything else I should look for?
2018-10-15
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mavic Dave Posted at 2018-10-15 00:47
Hi Thor.  Took the Mavic out yesterday to photograph the roof of a property that we own.  I wanted to check for storm damage.  Anyway, when in hover the Mavic started to yaw to the right.  No input from the controls.  It did a 90 degree yaw to the right before I took control and centered it again.  It did this twice.

I have heard others complain of this with a previous version of firmware.  But I have never had any problems.

Update to above.  Flew one battery today and all is well again.

Hope this thing is cured.
2018-10-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules