Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Z15 GH4 - no Video output
1783 8 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Hello,
I am not getting any Video signal transfered to my groundstation, how do I need to setup my GH4 to receive the video signal? I am also not sure if the Z15 HDMI board has failed, because only  the red LED an orange LED is light up.
I have tried to transfer the live video from the GH4 with an external 5.8GHz transmitter to my FPV monitor, but it only works, when I open the slideshow menu on the GH4, or when I press the playback button. As soon as I try to record, or leave the menu, the video on the FPV monitor disappears.  

Can anybody help me resolve the problem?

Kind regards,
Bernd

2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bernd, please toggle the HD/AV switch in HD and then adjust the bandwidth in the APP to see if the image will be displayed.
2018-5-18
Use props
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Hi Mindy,
what APP do you mean? (I am not using a lightbridge 2, I am using a third party 5,8GHz sender and receiver)

I have connected the Z15 to a A2, I can pan, tilt, shutter from my RC transmitter, but I cannot receiver the AV signal from the GH4. I don't know if it is only a misconfiguration on the GH4, or if there is a problem with the Z15. Yesterday I updated the Z15 to the latest firmware, but the HDMI modlue was not able to update.

Kind regards,
Bernd
2018-5-18
Use props
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Problem resolved, I bought a new HDMI to AV converter now it works.
2018-6-13
Use props
fans13816c52
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354 ft
United States

Timely post.  I'm rebuilding an S900 system with GH4 Gimbal.  I just bought a new Lightbridge 1 (from one of the large NY online retailers), and I recieved it yesterday.  It would not establish a video link at all, and in the Lightbridge Assistant, it would not show any firmware versions for the A/V transmitter/reciever/decoders.  My understanding is, this is a symptom of corrupted firmware.  Further, it appears the the NAND-based firmware in the Lightbridge will go bad if the units set for some period of time.  Others have commented that "letting it go uncharged for several months" have led to a similiar problem.  There's a vague reference to this in one of the replies, above.

Is the solution to this problem returning it to DJI to reflash the firmware?  A shame, as this appears widespread, and a double-shame that my new, unopened unit has this problem, undoubtedly from sitting at the retailer unsold for a lenghty period of time.  

Hope this solves my problem, I'd really like to get my S900 back and running with my GH4 camera and gimbal.
2018-6-15
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

fans13816c52 Posted at 2018-6-15 12:32
Timely post.  I'm rebuilding an S900 system with GH4 Gimbal.  I just bought a new Lightbridge 1 (from one of the large NY online retailers), and I recieved it yesterday.  It would not establish a video link at all, and in the Lightbridge Assistant, it would not show any firmware versions for the A/V transmitter/reciever/decoders.  My understanding is, this is a symptom of corrupted firmware.  Further, it appears the the NAND-based firmware in the Lightbridge will go bad if the units set for some period of time.  Others have commented that "letting it go uncharged for several months" have led to a similiar problem.  There's a vague reference to this in one of the replies, above.

Is the solution to this problem returning it to DJI to reflash the firmware?  A shame, as this appears widespread, and a double-shame that my new, unopened unit has this problem, undoubtedly from sitting at the retailer unsold for a lenghty period of time.  

LB 1 has a problem if you let it sit for awhile..yes you have to send it in and it will cost about $350...but if you search the threads on LB 1 dying somebody found a way to get it to work..I don’t have the link but you should be able to find it.
2018-6-18
Use props
fans13816c52
lvl.2
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-6-18 10:47
LB 1 has a problem if you let it sit for awhile..yes you have to send it in and it will cost about $350...but if you search the threads on LB 1 dying somebody found a way to get it to work..I don’t have the link but you should be able to find it.

I did find the post listing the solution.  Its quite complex and certainly not for the faint of heart.  It involves soldering a temporary serial cable to test points on both the air- and ground-station PCBs, then executing a series of Linux commands to upload a BIN file (via a USB-serial adapter) to the NAND-based storage on each board.  If that previous sentence makes no sense to you, you have no business trying to execute this fix.  Here's a link to the procedure.  I downloaded the firmware files, so I'll have a copy for future use if/when needed.

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... sistant-tool.77073/

I understand what to do in the above procedure, and have the right equipment (good, fine-point soldering iron, windows-based PC, USB/serial adapter), but with a new unit (still under warranty), I've gone ahead and generated a ticket with DJI and sent my unit to them for a fix.  In the future, I'll attempt the fix outlined above, if needed.

Thanks for the input.  Any know why these NAND-based firmwares degrade?  I've always seen EEPROMS in these systems, which are quite stable over many years.
2018-6-19
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

fans13816c52 Posted at 2018-6-19 20:32
I did find the post listing the solution.  Its quite complex and certainly not for the faint of heart.  It involves soldering a temporary serial cable to test points on both the air- and ground-station PCBs, then executing a series of Linux commands to upload a BIN file (via a USB-serial adapter) to the NAND-based storage on each board.  If that previous sentence makes no sense to you, you have no business trying to execute this fix.  Here's a link to the procedure.  I downloaded the firmware files, so I'll have a copy for future use if/when needed.

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... sistant-tool.77073/

Good question and I don’t have the answer...it surfaced about a year or so ago...I don’t recall anyone having the issue prior to that...could have been a firmware upgrade but I don’t have any evidence to support it...just don’t let it get completely discharged after setting and you won’t have the problem... hard to remember if you have long winters...
2018-6-21
Use props
fans13816c52
lvl.2
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-6-21 11:51
Good question and I don’t have the answer...it surfaced about a year or so ago...I don’t recall anyone having the issue prior to that...could have been a firmware upgrade but I don’t have any evidence to support it...just don’t let it get completely discharged after setting and you won’t have the problem... hard to remember if you have long winters...

I picked up another second-hand Lightbridge 1, and (to my great relief), it did not have the corrupted firmware problem.  My first Lightbridge was sent off to DJI for repairs.  I have a second S900 airframe, so I'll have use for a 2nd Lightbridge.  

Anyway, this second unit did take firmware updates just fine, and I got this hooked up to my S900 + GH4 HD Gimbal.  After some futzing, I got it all working.  So many things I had forgotten, including the fact that the "video" light on the Lightbridge does NOT go green when using the HD signal from gimbal.  You want a flashing gree light on the gimbal itself, and a green "control" light on the air-side Lightbridge; the video air-side Lightbridge LED will stay solid red.  Its all very fussy, but I figured it out (again) and all is good.
2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules