Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo won't connect to DJI Go App, Won't update
7693 18 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hmladner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138238 ft
United States

I keep my Osmo (original ) in a padded case, and I only use it once every few months.  Successfully have been using it throughout the year, however today, it woudn't connect to the DJI Go App.  So I figured I'm long over due for updates.  I tried to do the updates using 3 different U1 Micro SD cards of different brands.  However it won't update.  The gimble is active, and the controls work just fine.  It connects via wifi to my Samsung s7 but when I open the Go App it only shows the  Inspire 1.. it won't allow me to chose the Osmo.  When I say it won't update, it doesn't recognize that the card has the bin on it and it doesn't flash or anytihing.. Additionally the light on the right stays green and the light on the left stays love yellow.  Any help would be great.  I don't want to have to send this in and pay for something that shouldn't be broken in the first place. Ridiculous

2018-5-17
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
United States

Additionally,  I have an inspire 1.  So I was able to connect the x3 from that to the Osmo handle.  This worked perfectly.  I used this opportunity to see that the app did in fact connect with it, which it did successfully, which isolates the problem to the x3 from the Osmo.  I used the x3 from Inspire to run updates etc.. which now prompted the app to finally ask my Osmo x3 to update.. when I selected yes, it woudln't, it just sat at 0%.   Also I notice the fan is not spinning.. this leads me to believe an overall hardware issue with the Osmo x3.. When I did quick switch from the inspire cam x3 to the osmo x3 I was able to get the infamous black screen in the go app.. . so there is that..   No more wondering if its the app, no more concerns with whether its an android problem, and no more concerns about SD cards etc.  Bottom line this is a DJI problem, a hardware/ software problem.  A problem that DJI seems to want to  ignore, and capitalize on for the sake of their customer base.  This is more than disheartening as I've used this camera probably 10-15 times since I purchased it when it was first released..  Now I'm looking to purchase a new camera just to get this one working.  Their suggestion via support was to just send it somewhere that can fix it.  
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hmladner, sorry to read on your post, please refer to the tutorial video below to force the Osmo to update and let us know if it works, thank you.
2018-5-18
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy,  I appreciate this tutorial but this is futile.  I've tried this way before resorting to the forum.   If I attempt to force upgrade by this method the right green light will blink and  the left does nothing... The fan isn't running either.  So that to me says that the hardware has failed.   
2018-5-18
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
United States

This link provided above shows the actions of the OSMO .. As you can see 3 attempts at the start up using the 3 button method only leads to one light flashing and the other solid yellow.  I've used multiple SD cards so that is not the issue .. Reformatted them all and tried to update.. to no avail.  

I wish that DJI would just release how they would fix it instead of just ignoring the problem.  I would rather attempt the fix myself than send it back and wait some ridiculous time frame and pay.

Also note that the sound going on is not the fan.. its the servo motors... When I put my x3 from inspire on the handle, it spins the fan quickly and loud.

2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi,
If may I ask where are we located from, Where did you purchase your Osmo and how long do you have now your Osmo?
2018-5-21
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-21 10:48
Hi,
If may I ask where are we located from, Where did you purchase your Osmo and how long do you have now your Osmo?

I've had my osmo for just about 2 years now..  I purchased it directly from DJI.  I'm located in South Mississippi.  
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for quick response and the information, You did very well on trouble shooting and you we're able to isolate the issue however for this kind of scenario it seems like we have to send your unit to our facility for further evaluation and  we regret to inform you that we only have 1 year warranty on our gimbal camera.
2018-5-21
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-21 11:13
Thank you for quick response and the information, You did very well on trouble shooting and you we're able to isolate the issue however for this kind of scenario it seems like we have to send your unit to our facility for further evaluation and  we regret to inform you that we only have 1 year warranty on our gimbal camera.

I'm in the process of purchasing a different x3 from ebay, as I refuse to allow DJI to rob me any further of my time with a camera and money.  I've purchased 4 drones from DJI and this camera and I just don't feel that a faulty camera, that is no fault of my own, should fall on my shoulders to repair on my own dime.  I would have been happy to send it in had I damaged the camera.  However this is not the case.  Thus, I will purchase a used one from someone else and hope it holds up.
2018-5-21
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
United States

For everyone else following this feed:

Summary:

Turning on the Osmo, will activate the gimb.  but only light up yellow on the left indicator light and solid green on the right.

I have deleted and reinstalled the DJi Go app 3 times, on a Samsung s7.  I've also tried it on 2 apple phones.  It does not detect the osmo.

The fan does not seem to turn on. ( even tried the flick method as mentioned in other forums.

IF I do a hard reset as shown above or the upgrade reset, the Osmo does not respond by doing anything.

I have tried 32 gig U1 cards from samsung, scandisk, and transend.  none work ( however they do work with my drones.

I have installed my inspire 1 on to the osmo handle to ensure the handle was fine and it operates as it should.  Thus showing that the x3 is the problem.

The gimb. works with the joystick this whole time.

The x3 is just garbage on the Osmo and I'm probably going to purchase another inspire 1 x3 to just have a camera backup for the inspire and use it on the osmo.

Good luck to anyone who has to deal with this.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We do apologize for the inconvenience and we understand your frustration however as much as we want to repair and evaluate the unit under warranty unfortunately the unit was already 2 years and also a heads up since we're going to buy an Zenmuse x3 camera under best buy. I'm afraid that this re-seller is not our authorize seller and we might not covered you under warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-5-21
Use props
ferandrade
New
Argentina

I have exactly the same problem. So I think that I loose my money as simple as that?
2018-6-27
Use props
DDutchie
lvl.1
Netherlands

You should take a look at the log file and see if the update is a succes or not. Could be that the firmware isn't completely installed if that's the case you keep getting errors all around. When updating firmware DO NOTHING until the both lights are green and you hear a beep ( continuous beep) The video is nice but when i updated the Firmware i got a whole different sequence then showed in the video so not exactly like the video showed! Both my lights where blinking random and at one point both the lights where off at this point i didn't do anything just left it then suddenly lights where blinking again and just left it, After a couple a minutes i got the  continuous beeping sound and everything was ok. The only thing you have to do right is at part 0:32 of the video and just let it run even when the fan goes off or lights going wild in a weird way. Wait For The Beeping Sound!

The firmware u should use is OSMO Firmware v1.11.2.70 2017-08-31 Firmware Osmo   <--- click

Ps: I had a glitch the first time i tried to update but it turned out ok by reflashing. i also got a different camera then the one i am using but that's ok now also.

Anyway try up above as i suggested.

About the app just scroll until you see the Osmo or whatever you are using and activate (at least that worked for me) and start it up. You can also clear cache and clear data within the app. No need to uninstall and reinstall. Go to Settings/Apps/Dji Go app/Data clear cache and clear data that's it.

Cheers.
2018-6-28
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
United States

DDutchie Posted at 2018-6-28 10:48
You should take a look at the log file and see if the update is a succes or not. Could be that the firmware isn't completely installed if that's the case you keep getting errors all around. When updating firmware DO NOTHING until the both lights are green and you hear a beep ( continuous beep) The video is nice but when i updated the Firmware i got a whole different sequence then showed in the video so not exactly like the video showed! Both my lights where blinking random and at one point both the lights where off at this point i didn't do anything just left it then suddenly lights where blinking again and just left it, After a couple a minutes i got the  continuous beeping sound and everything was ok. The only thing you have to do right is at part 0:32 of the video and just let it run even when the fan goes off or lights going wild in a weird way. Wait For The Beeping Sound!

The firmware u should use is OSMO Firmware v1.11.2.70 2017-08-31 Firmware Osmo

You instructions are falling on deaf ears unfortunately.  I have had a ton of DJI products and I know to the absolute T on how to do all the updates and requirements.  I have learned tricks over the past years to even circumvent the problems that DJI has on each update..  However, it is official this thing was a turd and only after very few uses.  The card reader won't read, thus won't update.  I can trick the app to connect and update wirelessly, if I hook my DJI inspire camera up to the handle first.  However it never completes the update, it just simply locks up.    I eventually found on Ebay someone selling a used one, (in not excellent shape) and it has been working since.  The camera I have would have to be sent back to DJI and wait an indefinite amount of time and be charged more than what I paid for the used one .. As far as I'm concerned right now its a paperweight.
2018-6-28
Use props
DDutchie
lvl.1
Netherlands

That's great to hear we have an expert on this forum, Kudos to you. So excuse me for trying to help out. Anyway good luck and have a nice day. Cheers.
2018-6-29
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
United States

DDutchie Posted at 2018-6-29 01:54
That's great to hear we have an expert on this forum, Kudos to you. So excuse me for trying to help out. Anyway good luck and have a nice day. Cheers.

lol aight... didn't mean to come off as you aren't trying to be helpful but quite honestly everything you suggested was the same that the techs did for 2 hours with me over the phone, not to mention the threads previously all outlining those problems.
2018-6-29
Use props
DDutchie
lvl.1
Germany

No worries it's all good.
2018-6-30
Use props
Biggruffbear
lvl.1
Australia

I've had this problem almost since I got the Osmo. It worked OK until an upgrade of the Go app, then failed. Completely. As I only bought it 3 months ago, I'm returning it to the UK vendor for a full refund. They can sort it out, and I'll have my money back instead of a useless paperweight.
2019-3-17
Use props
fansc4e2abdf
New

Turkey

Merhabalar benimde kendime ait Osmo X3 kameram var. Fakat Wifi gözükmüyor. Gözükmediği için  bir bağlatı sağlayamıyorum. Güncelleme yaptım bütünleştirici hazır getirdi fakat sorun çözülmedi ve devam ediyor. Yardımcı ekip arkadaşlar var mı?
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules