iPhone X keeps disconnecting from DJI GO
565768 565768 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

I have a Mavic Pro and using an IPhone X for the DJI GO app. Having problems with the app saying aircraft disconnected and not being able to see the feed and details on the app. I am still able to control the mavic with the connect controller.

I replaced the cable from the controller to the iPhone but it has still not resolved the problem.

DJI support have said they won’t do anything for me so looking for any suggestions.

Drone kind of pointless without being able to see the video feed while flying.
2018-5-17
Use props
JamMan
New

I have the same problem only I cant get past the "How to connect" did you manage to sort it?
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

What is the error message in your app? Did you try to flash  the firmware again with DJI Assistant 2? If the color of the indicator of RC is red, please link the RC with drone again.
2018-5-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

You may want to uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 App from your Apple iPhone X. It could be something wonky is going on with the folder sequencing and setting up a new application may resolve the disconnection issue? I'm surprised the iPhone X is working poorly? I guess my Samsung S7 is still champ given its quickness and tiny bezels, which enhances the display of DJI GO 4.
2018-5-17
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

JamMan Posted at 2018-5-17 10:55
I have the same problem only I cant get past the "How to connect" did you manage to sort it?

No still waiting on a solution
2018-5-18
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-17 22:17
What is the error message in your app? Did you try to flash  the firmware again with DJI Assistant 2? If the color of the indicator of RC is red, please link the RC with drone again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52F4hlR4MA&t=8s

I'll try that thanks and get back to you.  Error is just on the red bar in the dji go 4 app that aircraft disconnected. I'll try get a screen shot
2018-5-18
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-17 22:26
You may want to uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 App from your Apple iPhone X. It could be something wonky is going on with the folder sequencing and setting up a new application may resolve the disconnection issue? I'm surprised the iPhone X is working poorly? I guess my Samsung S7 is still champ given its quickness and tiny bezels, which enhances the display of DJI GO 4.

Thanks I'll reinstalled the app so will see if that makes any difference
2018-5-18
Use props
jimfalt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136598 ft
Greece

I had the same problem, just reinstall it
2018-5-18
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

So I reinstall the app and made sure the firmware was up to date. Still no joy. Below are the screenshots I managed to take while the aircraft was in the air.  the same thing happened while it was on the ground.

2018-5-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have an iPhone X (256GB white) on ios 11.4 developer beta 6 and i havent had this issue on my iPhone X yet.  
i only gotten this issue on my iPad mini 2 when i had a bad lightning cable (one of the pins is burnt somehow).  
have you tested the original apple cable (or other quality certified cables) plugging it into mavic pro's full size USB port seeing if that works?   how about micro USB -> USB OTG adapter?

2018-5-18
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-18 17:07
i have an iPhone X (256GB white) on ios 11.4 developer beta 6 and i havent had this issue on my iPhone X yet.  
i only gotten this issue on my iPad mini 2 when i had a bad lightning cable (one of the pins is burnt somehow).  
have you tested the original apple cable (or other quality certified cables) plugging it into mavic pro's full size USB port seeing if that works?   how about micro USB -> USB OTG adapter?

I've changed the cable already and bought a new one. I'll try using the bottom USB cable and see if it makes a difference.
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

crookes Posted at 2018-5-19 02:34
I've changed the cable already and bought a new one. I'll try using the bottom USB cable and see if it makes a difference.

Please ensure that both your RC and drone are the latest firmware. You can enter the general setting-about and provide the firmware info for check.
2018-5-19
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you use the full size USB port on the bottom of your controller to connect your iPhone X your problem will be solved....
2018-5-19
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-19 02:44
Please ensure that both your RC and drone are the latest firmware. You can enter the general setting-about and provide the firmware info for check.

I used assistant 2 last night and put the firmware on both RC and drone last night. Still the same problem
2018-5-19
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-5-19 03:07
If you use the full size USB port on the bottom of your controller to connect your iPhone X your problem will be solved....

I have a feeling this will solve it but I shouldn't have to do that. Is that a common solution for the problem? Will DJI replace the RC?
2018-5-19
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Have you upgraded to DJI GO 4 4.2.16?  It just came out yesterday.  See if that helps and try the bottom port to just see if that works.
2018-5-19
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

crookes Posted at 2018-5-19 04:59
I have a feeling this will solve it but I shouldn't have to do that. Is that a common solution for the problem? Will DJI replace the RC?

I think the problem is the design of the small cable, after it’s folded a few times it’s toast... after buying and trying several of those little cables I gave up and bought a really short lightning cable, plugged it in to the bottom usb and never had problems again. Some have had good luck with that cable, others like us have not been so fortunate..........
2018-5-19
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-5-19 07:50
I think the problem is the design of the small cable, after it’s folded a few times it’s toast... after buying and trying several of those little cables I gave up and bought a really short lightning cable, plugged it in to the bottom usb and never had problems again. Some have had good luck with that cable, others like us have not been so fortunate..........

Yeah I’ve had problems since the I took it out of the box and the same with a brand new cable so it can’t be 2 new cables causing the problem.  Has to be another problem elsewhere in the side port maybe?
2018-5-19
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-19 05:43
Have you upgraded to DJI GO 4 4.2.16?  It just came out yesterday.  See if that helps and try the bottom port to just see if that works.

Yeah I have that version already. Still same problem with that one.
2018-5-19
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

crookes Posted at 2018-5-19 08:00
Yeah I’ve had problems since the I took it out of the box and the same with a brand new cable so it can’t be 2 new cables causing the problem.  Has to be another problem elsewhere in the side port maybe?

It very well could be the side port on the RC.  Will know for sure when you try the bottom port.  Just use your supplied iphone lightning cable and let us know.  
2018-5-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

does the RC charge via side port when you plug it to charge..?  if it takes a charge over that usb port, than probably okay port, just something wrong with the cables being used on the side...

i had a dead lighting and USB-C cable in the box, i tested on multiple phones and same results..so i found a braided micro usb to lightning cable from a no name company for cheap  last year and that works still for side connections.    however i just use bottom full size plug 99% of the time now as its far more robust and reliable and leave the side plug for charging..feel like a lot of wear and tear using micro ports all the time..
2018-5-19
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-19 12:21
does the RC charge via side port when you plug it to charge..?  if it takes a charge over that usb port, than probably okay port, just something wrong with the cables being used on the side...

i had a dead lighting and USB-C cable in the box, i tested on multiple phones and same results..so i found a braided micro usb to lightning cable from a no name company for cheap  last year and that works still for side connections.    however i just use bottom full size plug 99% of the time now as its far more robust and reliable and leave the side plug for charging..feel like a lot of wear and tear using micro ports all the time..

Yeah there's no issue with charing the RC using the cable supplied for other cables I have lying around.

The new side cable I bought is braided and it's not working full time either.  Need to find time later to test out the bottom USB port.

Definitely not as neat as using the side port.
2018-5-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

crookes Posted at 2018-5-20 02:49
Yeah there's no issue with charing the RC using the cable supplied for other cables I have lying around.

The new side cable I bought is braided and it's not working full time either.  Need to find time later to test out the bottom USB port.

you'll figure it out, either get used it hanging around or find a way to coil it up nearly behind your phone.  

you can always try the included iPhone charging cable comes with your iPhone X just to see if bottom port solves your issue while you wait on a replacement cable.

i mainly use Anker power cable II braided cables (normal USB to lighting) and i have a 1 foot and a 3 foot cable. i dont think they make 1 foot braided anymore but if they do and find them let me know!  on amazon, they can be a bit pricey but they last forever in my experience!

2018-5-20
Use props
Cyrbox
New
Flight distance : 152116 ft

I have an iPhone X and the same problem. The mavic disconnects in full flight very quickly after takeoff.

I tested friends iPhone. No problem with an iPhone 7 and no problem with an iPhone SE.

So the cables are not involved. It's the iPhone X that has a compatibility concern for me ... No ?
2018-5-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I can’t say I have any compatibility issues with Mavic Pro and the iPhone X.   

I’m currently running iOS 11.4 developer Beta 6.

However I was running iOS 11.3 prior and had no issues.  

2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

crookes Posted at 2018-5-19 04:58
I used assistant 2 last night and put the firmware on both RC and drone last night. Still the same problem

Did you try to change a mobile device for further check? Please provide a screenshot of the firmware info. The situation will be forwarded.  
2018-5-21
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

Cyrbox Posted at 2018-5-20 08:55
I have an iPhone X and the same problem. The mavic disconnects in full flight very quickly after takeoff.

I tested friends iPhone. No problem with an iPhone 7 and no problem with an iPhone SE.

I tend to agree with you. I have an old iPhone 5S and it seems to be ok
2018-5-21
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-20 12:27
I can’t say I have any compatibility issues with Mavic Pro and the iPhone X.   

I’m currently running iOS 11.4 developer Beta 6.

I am using iOS 11.3.1 and have used older versions too with the same problem.  I just updated when Apple pushes the update out.
2018-5-21
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-21 00:40
Did you try to change a mobile device for further check? Please provide a screenshot of the firmware info. The situation will be forwarded.

I have tried it with an old iPhone 5S and it seems to work ok.  Am cautious to fly it too far away in case I lose connection with the drone again.   What firmware version do you want and from which device?  Do you think it is an issue that you can fix as it's an expensive piece of equipment that is useless really with a mobile device to view the feed.
2018-5-21
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

crookes Posted at 2018-5-21 10:58
I have tried it with an old iPhone 5S and it seems to work ok.  Am cautious to fly it too far away in case I lose connection with the drone again.   What firmware version do you want and from which device?  Do you think it is an issue that you can fix as it's an expensive piece of equipment that is useless really with a mobile device to view the feed.

interesting your iPhone X is having issues with it but older iPhone 5S isn't.   same cables, version of iOS..?  maybe the app is corrupted or something on your iPhone X.  because its working for me on a range of iOS devices. makes me theorize that it must either be the cable is bad or the App is corrupted something..

i tried it on:

my GF's 256GB iPhone X (AT&T model)

my iPhone X 256GB (Apple unlocked)

my GF's bestie's iPhone 8 Plus 64GB (Verizon model)

my iPhone 7 Plus 128GB (ATT model now unlocked)

my iPhone 5S 32GB (unlocked)

My GF's iPad Pro 10" 128GB (wifi)

my iPad mini 2 32GB (wifi)

2018-5-21
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-21 12:47
interesting your iPhone X is having issues with it but older iPhone 5S isn't.   same cables, version of iOS..?  maybe the app is corrupted or something on your iPhone X.  because its working for me on a range of iOS devices. makes me theorize that it must either be the cable is bad or the App is corrupted something..

i tried it on:

Yeah I live in Ireland but bought my iPhone X in DC so it's a US model.  I have reinstalled the app so i must be a fresh download on multiple occasions.  I've used different cables both new and old and the latest iOS version on both is 11.3.1

It all points to an iPhone X issue as it seems to be a common theme on the internet for a lot of people.  I'd love to know what others have that I don't that works.  DJI seem to be slow to act on these reports.
2018-5-21
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

crookes Posted at 2018-5-21 13:18
Yeah I live in Ireland but bought my iPhone X in DC so it's a US model.  I have reinstalled the app so i must be a fresh download on multiple occasions.  I've used different cables both new and old and the latest iOS version on both is 11.3.1

It all points to an iPhone X issue as it seems to be a common theme on the internet for a lot of people.  I'd love to know what others have that I don't that works.  DJI seem to be slow to act on these reports.

my GF's iphone X is on the same version as you stated.  11.3.1 and i only tested it for half a battery before she needed it back it didn't show any glitches.   im scratching my head, i cant reproduce your issue on any of my devices.
2018-5-21
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-21 13:26
my GF's iphone X is on the same version as you stated.  11.3.1 and i only tested it for half a battery before she needed it back it didn't show any glitches.   im scratching my head, i cant reproduce your issue on any of my devices.

Yeah I'm not sure what it is, as you can see from my screenshots it's 2 different problems when it happens and both while in flight as per the distance and height.

Not great!!!  But I'm happy to try troubleshoot some more to get to the end of it.

Thanks for your help
2018-5-21
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

crookes Posted at 2018-5-21 13:28
Yeah I'm not sure what it is, as you can see from my screenshots it's 2 different problems when it happens and both while in flight as per the distance and height.

i noticed battery % isn't showing up in app either.. when when you in flight nor is uplink/downlink signal or GPS...  all while having a grey live view

does it disconnect and reconnect and/or show error it u bent and twist and jiggle the cable around?   honestly, last time i had a bad cable apart from grey live and bottom status readouts working,  view looks very similar.  no battery/gps/signal and move cable around enough it disconnected and reconnected showing weak or no signal again..
2018-5-21
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-21 13:37
i noticed battery % isn't showing up in app either.. when when you in flight nor is uplink/downlink signal or GPS...  all while having a grey live view

does it disconnect and reconnect and/or show error it u bent and twist and jiggle the cable around?   honestly, last time i had a bad cable apart from grey live and bottom status readouts working,  view looks very similar.  no battery/gps/signal and move cable around enough it disconnected and reconnected showing weak or no signal again..

I'll try it again and turn on my screen recorder and try upload that if it'll let me.  Might show better what happens.  Because it's hard to get at the screen when it stops I normally end up removing the side cable from the top charging end and plugging it back in again.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

crookes Posted at 2018-5-21 13:55
I'll try it again and turn on my screen recorder and try upload that if it'll let me.  Might show better what happens.  Because it's hard to get at the screen when it stops I normally end up removing the side cable from the top charging end and plugging it back in again.

Hi, sorry for all the inconvenience caused. May I confirm that have you solved the issue or not? Please feel free to keep us in updated, thanks!
2018-5-23
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-23 02:44
Hi, sorry for all the inconvenience caused. May I confirm that have you solved the issue or not? Please feel free to keep us in updated, thanks!

Hi no it’s still not resolved. I had asked what information is required as asked by a previous DJI admin and awaiting a response. Can you help now?
2018-5-23
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

How is the best way to share videos in this forum?
2018-5-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Upload to YouTube and share the link
2018-5-24
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Our enginners have try to reproduce this problem now and I hope to get more informations.
Can you export the DJI GO's log with iTunes?
When this problem happen, have you try to re-plug the cable or reopen the app? If you try do these, did the video become normal?
Can you see if there is channle information in the radio setting when the problem happen? This can consider if there is data from remote controller.
Can you change the RC mode to other mode such as Mode1? This can consider if the app can send data to remote controller.
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules