iPhone X keeps disconnecting from DJI GO
12886 53 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shuttershark
New

I'm running IOS 11.3.1 on a 256GB iPhone X with v4.2.16 of the DJI GO 4 app and the latest device firmware (V01.04.0300).

As for other users the iPhone feed disconnects from the controller/drone after short periods of flight. In this situation the controller continues to work correctly. The connection to the drone is reestablished when you unplug and replug the phone in (during that same flight). It then disconnects again a short while after this. This behavior appears identical to that I saw (using an iPhone X with the Mavic) before compatibility for the iPhone X was added to the software.
2018-5-25
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-24 12:49
Upload to YouTube and share the link

Ok here's the screen recordings I took.  I ended up getting a compass error even after calibrating it twice.  The first 2 videos are of this error and looking for solutions.

The last link is the aircraft disconnecting from the app and the reconnection was achieved by unplugging the side cable from the micro usb port and reconnecting it while the aircraft was in flight.

2018-5-25
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

AidanKless Posted at 2018-5-25 04:36
Our enginners have try to reproduce this problem now and I hope to get more informations.
Can you export the DJI GO's log with iTunes?
When this problem happen, have you try to re-plug the cable or reopen the app? If you try do these, did the video become normal?

I have downloaded the log files from the Mavic Pro, what do I do with them now?

When the aircraft disconnects are per the video above, I remove the side cable from the charging port and plug it in again and the app seems to reconnect with the video feed.  Have a watch of the video to see the problem recreated.

Can you advise how to check the channel information in radio setting  when I become disconnected and I'll try to replicate it.
How do I change the remote control to Mode 1 and what impact does it have?
2018-5-25
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

Shuttershark Posted at 2018-5-25 11:12
I'm running IOS 11.3.1 on a 256GB iPhone X with v4.2.16 of the DJI GO 4 app and the latest device firmware (V01.04.0300).

As for other users the iPhone feed disconnects from the controller/drone after short periods of flight. In this situation the controller continues to work correctly. The connection to the drone is reestablished when you unplug and replug the phone in (during that same flight). It then disconnects again a short while after this. This behavior appears identical to that I saw (using an iPhone X with the Mavic) before compatibility for the iPhone X was added to the software.

That is exactly what appears to be happening but for the cost of the drone I don't expect it to be and would like it fixed.

Does anyone else have a solution for it?
2018-5-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

The grey disconnect means that the phone is no longer communicating with the RC.  It just says disconnected.  Red aircraft disconnected means still communication between RC and the phone.  That to me is why I suspect a cable or connection issue between RC and the phone.  

The first video shows IMU heading exception right as the compass error occurs. On Mavic Pro these two things should be separated..      .. have you ever calibrated the compass or IMUs?  If you do you may calibrated them in high interference area.      Mavic Pro has 2 compasses build in and two IMUs and I did not see a “redundancy switch” error occur when it detected an  issue.  This seems suspicious to me as m Mavic Pro the very second I get compass errors will do a redundancy switch.  Makes me concern actually.  
2018-5-25
Use props
crookes
lvl.1
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-25 13:36
The grey disconnect means that the phone is no longer communicating with the RC.  It just says disconnected.  Red aircraft disconnected means still communication between RC and the phone.  That to me is why I suspect a cable or connection issue between RC and the phone.  

The first video shows IMU heading exception right as the compass error occurs. On Mavic Pro these two things should be separated..      .. have you ever calibrated the compass or IMUs?  If you do you may calibrated them in high interference area.      Mavic Pro has 2 compasses build in and two IMUs and I did not see a “redundancy switch” error occur when it detected an  issue.  This seems suspicious to me as m Mavic Pro the very second I get compass errors will do a redundancy switch.  Makes me concern actually.

I get the same errors with a new side cable. I must try a usb cable instead but my main effort here is to solve the side cable problem.

I have done 2 compass calibrations in a grass field you can see in the compass videos.
I haven’t done an IMU one yet but will do over the weekend. .
2018-5-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

crookes Posted at 2018-5-25 13:42
I get the same errors with a new side cable. I must try a usb cable instead but my main effort here is to solve the side cable problem.

I have done 2 compass calibrations in a grass field you can see in the compass videos.

Micro usb on the side of the RC maybe problematic.  Mine is a bit problematic I’m not sure if it’s just not sending enough power or something and causing issues.  Mine is incredibly picky about cables.  Some will work for a week perfectly fine then Give up ..even though the cable still capable of transferring data and power. I’m not sure if it’s bad software on the RC or poorly engineered micro port on the side of the RC.

When you do a IMU calibration, I learned this the hard way, make sure where you do it is completely level and flat and no change of magnetic interference and follow the directions exactly.   

Since you did a calibration of the compass already, may want to retry a calibration again just Incase it was done wrong or it calibrated against interference some how (grassy field I don’t know how either but alwasy possible, maybe some rocks under ground cause it)

Edit:  I was rewatching video two.. when your rotating the aircraft back towards your self.  Did the little map properly line up with reality?  When it was aimed back at you on the map was it directly aimed back at you in the sky?  If so then that’s not a true compass error.. it would have been off by like 45 degrees or more with a real compass error.  Maybe not exactly 45 degrees but a fairly large degree off that would be hard to notice.  Mine is sometimes a few degrees of that’s fine a few degrees is acceptable.   
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

crookes Posted at 2018-5-25 11:32
I have downloaded the log files from the Mavic Pro, what do I do with them now?

When the aircraft disconnects are per the video above, I remove the side cable from the charging port and plug it in again and the app seems to reconnect with the video feed.  Have a watch of the video to see the problem recreated.

Could you follow this step and export and upload the app logs?
2018-5-27
Use props
Brandy57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99409 ft
Australia

I've also had constant issues with disconnection since I got my iPhone X, don't think I had any issues with my previous iPhone 6 Plus (except it being a bit too slow).

I've tried reinstalling the app and resetting firmware etc. I haven't yet properly tried the separate USB port and different cable, but I will as soon as I get my Mavic back from DJI (faulty GPS and compass).

There does seem to be some issue with the iPhone X.
2018-5-30
Use props
adamflath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604 ft

Same thing happened to me.  Ended up being the cable.  I just used the usb port on the bottom with my regular iphone cable and worked perfect.
2018-6-29
Use props
DominicDV
New
Belgium

Had the exact same problem, solved by using the big USB connection an a lightning cable from Apple. thanks for the tip! I has the same issue with an iPhone6plus by the way.
2018-8-14
Use props
Tonio444
New
Flight distance : 1037073 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Mavic Pro and using an IPhone X for the DJI GO app. Having problems with the app saying aircraft disconnected and not being able to see the feed and details on the app. I am still able to control the mavic with the connect controller.
have the same problem since i upgraded latest software from DJI.
i don't think it is the cable as when i unplug and plug back it works fine.
it really is a pain
2018-10-27
Use props
blackshady
lvl.2

China

You got the point, we use drone to shoot videos, and that's why I don't understand Support's reaction.
Well about solutions, have you downloded something (not just some app but anything) not long before the problem occurs? I highly suspect it's other apps which cause the prolem.
Or your phone is attacked by virus?
You can just do a swipe to the iPhone with tuneskit ios system recovery, which can repair your ios without data loss,  if you don't want to spend time searching for the cause.  
2019-10-24
Use props
franky888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81247 ft
Indonesia

I have an iPhone X and the same problem. The mavic pro disconnects very quickly even before take off.
DJI GO 4, v4.3.29 (4340)

Previously run normal on Phantom, Dji Mavic etc...
I also tried with Litchee software, the problems still the same, so I assume this error come from the Dji Mavic unit,
will try to update the firmware on quadcopter unit (normally I reluctant to do this due to more flight restriction area)

If anyone has a solution for this issue, please enlight us...

Thanks in advanced..
2020-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules