IMU Calibration Stalls
3893 8 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sidbueddro
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just tried to do a calibration of my IMU.  It starts fine, gets to about three quarters of the way done, then just stops.  I've waited up to five minutes, and still nothing.  Any ideas as to what could be wrong?  Thanks in advance for your help!
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please cool down your drone and put it on the flat. Then you can restart your drone and calibrate it again. You can also change a mobile device or reinstall the app and see if it works.
2018-5-17
Use props
solstice7a1
lvl.1

Yeah, I had the same problem because I was misled by the drone perspective on the DJI Go app.  DO NOT orient the drone with all four feet on a level surface.  Instead, try placing the drone down on one side so only the front and rear legs are on a level surface.
2018-6-1
Use props
EdGon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4190 ft

I'm brand new to quad-copters, RC anything. Haven't cranked up motors yet, but installed DJI assistant, have latest dji go4 app; did all updates on RC, PC and A/C(drone). Been reading DJI manual, using u-tube,  and now, 1st time user to "The Forum". I'm ready to try flying, but now my app told me to calibrate IMU.  Followed app directions; 1st  it shows calibration pics and how to place it on flat surface.  Did that.  After tapping  'next' for step 2,  mine started calibrating and looked like it was ALMOST finished with step 2/5 says it is still calibrating.  It has been30 min. and still on step 2/5 so I shut down. I've put a new battery in, charging RC now.
DJI Elecktra, what did you mean put it on the flat?
Solstice7a1, did you mean Don't place it flat, i.e. as in normal t/o position?  I don't understand your last sentenc/ suggestion: Do you mean try placing sideways with only one front and one rear leg on the ground?  Anybody?  I'll try rebooting again after RC gets charged back up and I cool down (grin).
2018-7-11
Use props
EdGon
lvl.1

I'm brand new to quad-copters, RC anything. Haven't cranked up motors yet, but installed DJI assistant, have latest dji go4 app; did all updates on RC, PC and A/C(drone). Been reading DJI manual, using u-tube,  and now, 1st time user to "The Forum". I'm ready to try flying, but now my app told me to calibrate IMU.  Followed app directions; 1st  it shows calibration pics and how to place it on flat surface.  Did that.  After tapping  'next' for step 2,  mine started calibrating and looked like it was ALMOST finished with step 2/5 says it is still calibrating.  It has been30 min. and still on step 2/5 so I shut down. I've put a new battery in, charging RC now.
DJI Elecktra, what did you mean put it on the flat?
Solstice7a1, did you mean Don't place it flat, i.e. as in normal t/o position?  I don't understand your last sentenc/ suggestion: Do you mean try placing sideways with only one front and one rear leg on the ground?  Anybody?  I'll try rebooting again after RC gets charged back up and I cool down (grin).
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

EdGon Posted at 2018-7-11 12:41
I'm brand new to quad-copters, RC anything. Haven't cranked up motors yet, but installed DJI assistant, have latest dji go4 app; did all updates on RC, PC and A/C(drone). Been reading DJI manual, using u-tube,  and now, 1st time user to "The Forum". I'm ready to try flying, but now my app told me to calibrate IMU.  Followed app directions; 1st  it shows calibration pics and how to place it on flat surface.  Did that.  After tapping  'next' for step 2,  mine started calibrating and looked like it was ALMOST finished with step 2/5 says it is still calibrating.  It has been30 min. and still on step 2/5 so I shut down. I've put a new battery in, charging RC now.
DJI Elecktra, what did you mean put it on the flat?
Solstice7a1, did you mean Don't place it flat, i.e. as in normal t/o position?  I don't understand your last sentenc/ suggestion: Do you mean try placing sideways with only one front and one rear leg on the ground?  Anybody?  I'll try rebooting again after RC gets charged back up and I cool down (grin).

Hi, sorry to read on this, if may I ask, have you tried to follow the position of your aircraft during the calibration? Please ensure that there are no interferences during the calibration and if those don't work I would suggest connecting your phone directly to the aircraft via Wi-Fi then re-calibrate the IMU, for the mean-time, kindly see the video below.

2018-7-11
Use props
EdGon
lvl.1
United States

Thank you.
2019-3-17
Use props
EdGon
lvl.1
United States

solstice7a1 Posted at 2018-6-1 21:20
Yeah, I had the same problem because I was misled by the drone perspective on the DJI Go app.  DO NOT orient the drone with all four feet on a level surface.  Instead, try placing the drone down on one side so only the front and rear legs are on a level surface.

Hey Sol, 2 steps fwd, 1 step sideways...know whut I mean?  
2019-3-17
Use props
dronevideography
lvl.1
Australia

I have waited for over an hour and it wouldn't move from 2/6. The problem is that it shows the drone being positioned on an angle etc but it doesn't tell you to do it. As soon as I moved it to match the picture it continued to calibrate.
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules