Tello buzzing noise while charging
Home / TELLO /
2551 9 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

Got my Tello today and noticed a buzzing noise while charging, like a small flying insect...

It was charging in the power bank then I plugged it in a wall outlet and it stopped buzzing.
2018-5-17
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey , we haven't met this issue before while charging with power bank. How about testing another power bank if possible ?  
2018-5-18
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

RYZE Posted at 2018-5-18 00:24
Hey , we haven't met this issue before while charging with power bank. how about testing another power bank if possible ?

Actually the buzzing was coming from the power bank... oddly there is no noise when charging my phone or any other device, only when charging the Tello.
I've also tried a different power bank and it did'nt make the noise.
2018-5-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Aside from the blue LED flashing, it sounds like the noise was the fan of your Tello as it was attempting to charge while it was still powered on?
2018-5-18
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-18 09:40
Aside from the blue LED flashing, it sounds like the noise was the fan of your Tello as it was attempting to charge while it was still powered on?

As far as I know the Tello does not have a fan.
2018-5-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Cloud56 Posted at 2018-5-18 10:45
As far as I know the Tello does not have a fan.

I say fan because recall hearing a subtle sound the Tello was making one time when tried charging after use, and the reason for the noise was that the Tello still had been powered on?
2018-5-18
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-18 11:53
I say fan because recall hearing a subtle sound the Tello was making one time when tried charging after use, and the reason for the noise was that the Tello still had been powered on?

Nope, it was not on, I plugged in and out multiple times.
2018-5-18
Use props
Mamoon Mir
lvl.1

Pakistan

Hello,

i have power bank of 13000Mah. is it ok to charge Tello from it.

Do reply please
2018-6-8
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hello Mamoon, sorry for unable to reply you in time. You can charge the Tello with power bank  As far as the output value is 5V 2A or lower.
2018-6-10
Use props
BA Drone Dude
lvl.2

United States

Was charging my drone batteries on the fly more combo's three battery charging dock and ran into this issue. Is 2.1A too much for the batteries to handle? I swapped power sources between my laptop and my power bank (Capacity: 4000 Output: 2.1A (MAX)). To remain on the safe side, I am leaving it connected to my laptop but I've never encountered this issue before. It occurred again just a minute ago while plugged into my laptop so I've unplugged it now. I don't know what is happening but the buzzing noise makes me uncomfortable about charging that battery.
2019-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules