Is Active Track really that bad?
3316 45 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

Interestingly, right when your MP lost tracking, the video gets very washed out with white and you can't see the bottom of your bike. I wonder if that is related to why it loses track?

AT Washout 2.PNG
2018-5-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Danger Lampost Posted at 2018-5-20 15:44
Interestingly, right when your MP lost tracking, the video gets very washed out with white and you can't see the bottom of your bike. I wonder if that is related to why it loses track?

good point!  i wonder if that's related!  makes sense since its using the live feed camera for tracking.  if too washed out or too dark may not be able to keep a lock
2018-5-20
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-20 15:49
good point!  i wonder if that's related!  makes sense since its using the live feed camera for tracking.  if too washed out or too dark may not be able to keep a lock

In the better video, the subject is wearing a brightly colored shirt, and I think you're a bit lower too. Maybe that makes a difference.
2018-5-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Danger Lampost Posted at 2018-5-20 15:54
In the better video, the subject is wearing a brightly colored shirt, and I think you're a bit lower too. Maybe that makes a difference.

i think the height looks the same to me for him.. but the shirt stands out more your right.  
2018-5-20
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Danger Lampost Posted at 2018-5-20 15:54

I think you make a great point actually and was thinking how the exposure was high just before losing track.  So maybe too light or too dark it has a really hard time.  Great observation here.
2018-5-20
Use props
djiuser_T2XvPHzjujwD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100988 ft
United States

Old thread, but I just bought a MP2 and it already crashed because of their sucky Active Track. Me and wife walking on a path, i had drobe set up right behind us, almost no obstacles, and we are walkign slowly, the stupid thing flies right into a group of vines hanging out of a tree. A large group of jungle vines, easily avoidable at 2mph. Horrible.
2019-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules