Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

I did a IMU cal yesterday and I DJI vid said 20-25C
Haven't tested since but the cal went fine
Something that did cross my mind though was that I can't meet that criteria for most of the year if I'm in the field and need to do it around here!
2015-12-1
Use props
macjunk
New
Flight distance : 299042 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rhutty@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-29 06:16
Just to add to the debate. I now have over 80 flights , over 10 hours flight time. I am running p3p  ...

Why Calibrate?
Because if your drone is not calibrated and you crash, you have lost any warranty claim!
Because if your drone does not know where it is (via compass calibration) you will lose it one day as it will not know where is the "home point"
Because without proper calibration your photo/video horizon may not be level in flight and will therefore ruin all footage.
Because calibrating all sensors ensures your aircraft will fly safely and efficiently!

Would you fly an airplane without making sure ALL your gages, flaps and instruments work?
I don't think so!

As a DJI Trainer ..... I think I know what I am talking about. Have a lot of SAFE flights sir!
2016-3-3
Use props
chr.zuercher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24216 ft
Switzerland

macjunk Posted at 2016-3-3 16:01
Why Calibrate?
Because if your drone is not calibrated and you crash, you have lost any warranty c ...

You are completely right, macjunk

And what I suggest is not to level the Bottom. Use the Motormounts instead, because after a hard Landing, the Bottom (Feets) may not be level anymore. Btw: the Feets have Foam on it and they may be deformed after some Landings, so it will be a Cause of unlevel.
You can put a flat Mirrorglass ontop of the Motospindles and use this to level. After Calibration, test if the QC drifts in non-GPS-Mode in a windless Environment. If it does not drift, anything is perfect.
Altitude (controlled by the Barometric Pressure Sensor) remains, but Position (controlled by the Gyro) changes if Level is bad. Compass is a different thing and has to be calibrated more often.

Finally: Calibration is IMPORTANT !
2016-3-7
Use props
asiangear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11308691 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are the ideal mod values for the IMU gyro and accelerometer for our P3P?  I know the compass mod ideal is ~1400.
2016-4-26
Use props
golden.jms
New

United States

thanks for the tip! I was lost until I saw this thread.
2016-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules