Rebinding every power on
831 9 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3146 ft

United Kingdom

I've just received a refurb Phantom 3 Standard.
All seems good except each time I power on the aircraft and the remote, after power up checks. I get the rapid flashing yellow lights on the aircraft, but a green light on the remote. I can repair and the aricraft status lights change to slow green (or slow yellow indoors) but next power cycle I'm back to having to repair.
The app says the latest firmware is installed.
I can live with this but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be this way?
Thanks for any help for a newbie!

2018-5-18
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

If you mean the two rear ARM LED's are flashing Yellow quickly - that means Controller Signal Lost ...

What is the state of the Link LED ... the little one on the gimbal ? That's the WiFi link indicator ...

When you say 'repair' .... what do you mean by that ? Are you re-linking AC and Controller or switching one / both off and back on again ?

Nigel
2018-5-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Give it time to warm up.  Lights will change to green , then you're ready to fly.
2018-5-18
Use props
MikeUK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

It is the two rear lights flashing fast yellow. I will check the gimbal status led. I have to rebind to get a connection. Powering of and on does not work. I've tried waiting 5 minutes but still no connection. The of thing is the remote status led is green. Goes red if I turn the aircraft off.
2018-5-18
Use props
Droner500
lvl.4

Have you tried linking the rc? I once had a problem quite similar to this after I got a new camera for my P3S and after I linked the rc it worked perfectly.
Here is an instructional video explaining how to link the rc:
2018-5-18
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Did you read the current status on Go app after power on the system?  Does it show up any message about any abnormal (warning or error)?

2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mike, please wait some time after powering on the drone. Then connect the drone, controller and APP to see if there is any warning message. You can also check the aircraft status from here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/20170623/Phantom+3+Standard+User+Manual+v1.4.pdf
aircaft status indicator.png
2018-5-19
Use props
MikeUK
lvl.2

Peterx Posted at 2018-5-18 10:48
Did you read the current status on Go app after power on the system?  Does it show up any message about any abnormal (warning or error)?

OK, the DJI Go app shows a warning about not having GPS lock (that's OK, I'm indoors atm) but for the remote it says "Signal Lost". There is a comment about 'Aircraft is in attitude mode' but that is all. As I mentioned, the remote status light goes from red to green when I turn the aircraft on but the aircraft goes to fast flashing yellow after warm up. Yesterday, out in the field, it connected once without me having to use the rebind button. Really odd.
2018-5-22
Use props
MikeUK
lvl.2

Droner500 Posted at 2018-5-18 09:40
Have you tried linking the rc? I once had a problem quite similar to this after I got a new camera for my P3S and after I linked the rc it worked perfectly.
Here is an instructional video explaining how to link the rc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krqYn5a5cT0

Thanks, yes that is what I have to do every power on. It links fine. Next time I turn it on it's lost the connection again. The app says "Connection Lost", though, rather than "No Connection".
2018-5-22
Use props
MikeUK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2018-5-18 06:32
If you mean the two rear ARM LED's are flashing Yellow quickly - that means Controller Signal Lost ...

What is the state of the Link LED ... the little one on the gimbal ? That's the WiFi link indicator ...

The gimbal led is green after power on and I do get video in the app, even when the RC in unbound.
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules