Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which Travel Case - Mavic Air
12Next >
3818 58 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I purchased my Mavic Air, I also purchased a hard shell travel case for it.  It has served me well, but I haven't done a lot of travel.  My daughter recently went to Prom, so i decided to take photos as well as a little Drone footage too.  At this time, it seemed that the case that came with the Fly More combo was better for my needs at the time.  I was able to pack the Air away and stick that little bag in the top of my lowepro camera bcakpack.  
This made it very convenient to transport.  I didn't have to carry the hard case, and I didn't feel like i really needed the hard shell protection for that day.

My question is this:  What Travel case do you use?  What were the factors in choosing that?  Do you have multiple cases to use depending on your planned activities?
2018-5-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Multiple cases. Depending on what my plans are.
- Fly more combo bag for a short trip with 'just' the drone.
- LowePro Stealth reporter 200 AW if I want to pack my DSLR + 2 lenses (one on the body) and the fly more combo.
- Tamrac 5789 Evolution 9 Backpack if I want to pack the whole package
* Fly more combo
* DLSR + 4 lenses
* VideoMic Pro

And for the videocamera I have a separate bag.
A ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 20

Oh, wait I'm forgetting my two tripods that also have separate bags....

I need a trolley hahahahaha
2018-5-18
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

I have two cases: One is "hard case" for all accesories and second is "daily case" . Posting photo (btw i sold my fly more combo bag)

2018-5-18
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

so...  i REALLY LIKE that daily case.  This is the case i currently have.  

Can you send me a link for your "daily"?
2018-5-18
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Slovakia

3-D Posted at 2018-5-18 12:12
so...  i REALLY LIKE that daily case.  This is the case i currently have.  
[view_image]

https://www.pgy-tech.com/carrying-case-for-mavic-air
2018-5-18
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-18 11:59
Multiple cases. Depending on what my plans are.
- Fly more combo bag for a short trip with 'just' the drone.
- LowePro Stealth reporter 200 AW if I want to pack my DSLR + 2 lenses (one on the body) and the fly more combo.

Yeah, a trolley and an assistant.
2018-5-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

3-D Posted at 2018-5-18 12:21
Yeah, a trolley and an assistant.

Let's not forget that last one
2018-5-18
Use props
tmansmusic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29964 ft
United States

LookAt_Wictim Posted at 2018-5-18 12:00
I have two cases: One is "hard case" for all accesories and second is "daily case" . Posting photo (btw i sold my fly more combo bag)

[view_image]

I love that daily case, too. Do you think I could fit an iPad Mini in there somewhere?

Also, is that blue skin you've got also PGYTECH?
2018-5-18
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Slovakia

tmansmusic Posted at 2018-5-18 15:04
I love that daily case, too. Do you think I could fit an iPad Mini in there somewhere?

Also, is that blue skin you've got also PGYTECH?

Yes i have ipad mini 4 and it´s fit perfectly and skin is from wrapgrade
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, this is the Mavic Air Travel Bag from DJI official website: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air-travel-bag, thanks!
2018-5-18
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-18 22:32
Hi, this is the Mavic Air Travel Bag from DJI official website: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air-travel-bag, thanks!

Thanks Diana.  I bought the Fly More combo, so i have that bag as well.  That is the bag that i use when i put everything in my camera bag.  This lowprro holds the DJI bag in the top, my camera and lens in the bottom, and my laptop in the back

2018-5-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

The bag that comes with the FMC is perfect IMO. I’ve got a peak design everyday sling, DJI multi functional back pack, Incase compression case and the DJI MA FMC travel bag is simple and very effective. I don’t get why people buy brief cases to carry a drone that’s designed to fit in your pocket... smaller the foot print, the better.
2018-5-18
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-5-18 23:54
The bag that comes with the FMC is perfect IMO. I’ve got a peak design everyday sling, DJI multi functional back pack, Incase compression case and the DJI MA FMC travel bag is simple and very effective. I don’t get why people buy brief cases to carry a drone that’s designed to fit in your pocket... smaller the foot print, the better.

I purchased the additional case for travel and the additional protection.  I knew when i bought it that i would betaking it a few places that i wanted the extra protection.  I also did not know whether or not the case that came with it would really protect it.  I was laying down a grand for this and wanted to make sure it was protected. It's rare that the standard case that comes with something is a case you would want to use beyond the first day.  So I must give DJI credit for making such a nice case to package with the combo.  But I purchased the case and the drone at the same time.

I do like the standard case that comes with the FMC.  It is fast becoming my daily, because it is small and compact.  Yes, the drone is designed to be small enough to carry in your pocket.  This is true.  But i don't even like to carry a wallet in my pocket, so there is no way i'm shoving a drone in my pocket.  I also prefer a backpack or sling bag to the shoulder bag design that the standard case is.

The other reason that I asked this question is because I wanted to see and understand the choice that other pilots make and what drove them to that choice.  Things like the daily backpack that LookAt_Wictim would come in handy for me if i'm going out for the day and the drone isn't the only thing I'm carrying.

Here is my final reason.  As i said i do like the FMC bag.  It serves it's purpose for daily use.  Really my only problem with it is that it looks like a purse on my shoulder.  I used the FMC standard bag on the beach last weekend.  and while i was walking down the beach, i had it follow me.   when i watched the video, I didn't like seeing myself carrying the purse.  
2018-5-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

You must always use what is right for your needs. Smaller the better for personal drones for me.
2018-5-21
Use props
Divisi0n13042
lvl.1
United States

I have the Smatree hard case from Amazon and I love it. Fits everything I need and is very protective. Fits right in my old motorcycle backpack perfectly and doesn't weigh much at all.
2018-5-22
Use props
HoosierT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93219 ft
United States

I use three different solutions depending on the situation. For backpacking, I carry the MA in the stock hard case and carry the batteries and controller in a small waterproof zip back that's padded. For just hopping in the car and driving out to a field somewhere, I like the FlyMore bag a lot. Lastly, I just picked up a Pelican 1450 with Pull-'N_Pluck foam to carry the whole kit. My motivation for the style of case was for kayaking, sandy beaches, etc; places where I need full protection. My reasoning for going with the 1450 over something with pre-molded foam is due to having a Raptor SR and also wanting a spot for my Polarpro lense case. Due to these constraints, I just decided I needed something I could customize.
2018-5-22
Use props
Kuba_Vlk_CZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230614 ft
Czechia

I use that one from Fly more combo
2018-5-22
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Smatree DA500 Carrying Case which is amazing case for the MA - I even have one for my Osmo. It's collected a 5 STAR rating from it's users.
2018-5-22
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm going to try to get some foam and do a custom 2 layer cut in my hard case.  I'd like to give it a layer to hold a tablet and or phone and the external battery or other contraband I want to carry.  i can't seem to find exactly what I want, so the next option is to make it myself.  Wish me luck!
2018-5-22
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-5-22 08:11
I have the Smatree DA500 Carrying Case which is amazing case for the MA - I even have one for my Osmo. It's collected a 5 STAR rating from it's users.

i like that a lot.  but i've already added a battery to my lot, so i'd be looking for a spot for it.  and for some reason, i don't want to transport it with a battery attached to the aircraft itself.  <--  is that crazy?
2018-5-22
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-5-22 09:26
i like that a lot.  but i've already added a battery to my lot, so i'd be looking for a spot for it.  and for some reason, i don't want to transport it with a battery attached to the aircraft itself.

Ironically, I also don't leave the battery attached to the MA. Case has enough space for all 4 batteries which is pretty neat.
2018-5-22
Use props
MennoH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75118 ft
Netherlands

I dont have a picture here... but i like the mavic pro fly more combo case for my MA. It can hold the MA in the shell case, and controller, charging stuff and 2 extra batteries. i like it.
2018-5-22
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MennoH Posted at 2018-5-22 10:50
I dont have a picture here... but i like the mavic pro fly more combo case for my MA. It can hold the MA in the shell case, and controller, charging stuff and 2 extra batteries. i like it.

do you mean This Bag?
2018-5-22
Use props
CanadaMark
lvl.2
Canada

Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L is the smallest I have found to perfectly hold everything.  Great for hiking too since it can be worn around the waist if your shoulder gets tired from the sling.  My favorite part is that it fits the drone in the hard case for added protection.
2018-5-22
Use props
kmastro66
lvl.3
United States

I have the Smatree SmaCase DA500 and it's perfect.  Also has a zippered storage in the case top for accessories like and iPad mini and ND filters
Smatree_SmaCase.jpg
2018-5-22
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CanadaMark Posted at 2018-5-22 15:08
Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L is the smallest I have found to perfectly hold everything.  Great for hiking too since it can be worn around the waist if your shoulder gets tired from the sling.  My favorite part is that it fits the drone in the hard case for added protection.

now that is a pretty cool bag.
2018-5-22
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

kmastro66 Posted at 2018-5-22 16:48
I have the Smatree SmaCase DA500 and it's perfect.  Also has a zippered storage in the case top for accessories like and iPad mini and ND filters

yeah, that is the bag @S.D. Pilot said he uses as well.  thanks for the picture.  it's always nice to see a real user pic instead of the marketing pic they use.

Although this looks exactly like the marketing pic!  that's a good thing!

Thanks
2018-5-22
Use props
MennoH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75118 ft
Netherlands

3-D Posted at 2018-5-22 11:05
do you mean This Bag?

Yes! it was on sale... i will make a picture soon. but works like a charm....
2018-5-22
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MennoH Posted at 2018-5-22 23:36
Yes! it was on sale... i will make a picture soon. but works like a charm....

cool.  I would have never thought to use the MP bag.
2018-5-23
Use props
fansbf4efdc0
New
Australia

Nanuk make great cases for DJI drones
2018-5-24
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansbf4efdc0 Posted at 2018-5-24 00:40
Nanuk make great cases for DJI drones

The Nanuk cases look nice.  My case is from CaseMatix.  they are similar.  The Nanuk  cases look a little smaller.  Do you have a Nanuk for your spark?
2018-5-24
Use props
ldgjGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 392795 ft
Netherlands

I just ordered this case. From the review is seems to be a good case. Anybody experience with this case?
2018-5-24
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ldgjGuy Posted at 2018-5-24 04:12
I just ordered this case. From the review is seems to be a good case. Anybody experience with this case?

i don't have specific experience with that case.  but it seems like it will protect the good from minor bumps and shakes.  Reviews are good as well.  
but for me, that is only a slight improvement over the FMC combo case, and you're still bound by only carrying with a shoulder strap.  I feel like if i'm going hiking, i want backpack style carying.
Let us know how it goes when you receive it!
2018-5-24
Use props
CanadaMark
lvl.2
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-5-22 19:33
now that is a pretty cool bag.

It has been awesome for me so far, took it on a 2 week vacation and it was so easy to always have the drone with me in a package that I barely even knew I was carrying.  Everything fits as though it was made for it.
2018-5-24
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CanadaMark Posted at 2018-5-24 07:58
It has been awesome for me so far, took it on a 2 week vacation and it was so easy to always have the drone with me in a package that I barely even knew I was carrying.  Everything fits as though it was made for it.

That's how it's supposed to be.

Thanks!
2018-5-24
Use props
Captain Mal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 337890 ft
United States

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-5-22 08:11
I have the Smatree DA500 Carrying Case which is amazing case for the MA - I even have one for my Osmo. It's collected a 5 STAR rating from it's users.

This is what I use. You can't beat it for $40.  The main reason I chose this one is because of the zippered pouch on the lid. It's the perfect place to store things like your FAA registration, insurance papers and even a tablet which is what I use instead of a phone.  For good measure, I kept the silica gel pack in there too.  
2018-5-24
Use props
ldgjGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 392795 ft
Netherlands

3-D Posted at 2018-5-24 04:30
i don't have specific experience with that case.  but it seems like it will protect the good from minor bumps and shakes.  Reviews are good as well.  
but for me, that is only a slight improvement over the FMC combo case, and you're still bound by only carrying with a shoulder strap.  I feel like if i'm going hiking, i want backpack style carying.
Let us know how it goes when you receive it!

I have received the case but it is just what you said: comparing to the Fly More Combo travel case this is a minor improvement for me. I have returned the case and decided to buy the Smatree D500.
2018-5-28
Use props
Cameron78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 316178 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have Nanuk cases for all of my gear (GoPro's, Mavic Pro, etc) I just ordered one for the Air.  They quality is great; the custom inserts aren't like the pluck and peel foam.. They are molded.  Worth the price IMHO.  
2018-5-29
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cameron78 Posted at 2018-5-29 11:59
I have Nanuk cases for all of my gear (GoPro's, Mavic Pro, etc) I just ordered one for the Air.  They quality is great; the custom inserts aren't like the pluck and peel foam.. They are molded.  Worth the price IMHO.

Yes.  i like the molded cut outs that my case provides.  It was also cool that mine had a section that was the pick and pull so i could custom just that piece.

See my case here
2018-5-29
Use props
wildlifr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 637815 ft
United States

Check out the Lowepro Droneguard CS 150. It was made for the Mavic Pro, so it'll easily fit the Air along with 3 extra batteries, filters, controller and extra props. I needed it to fit in the sleeping bag compartment of a backpack, which it does.
2018-5-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules