Drone breaking/stopping
1380 16 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
928Estates
lvl.2
Flight distance : 453346 ft
United States

My drone from time to time gives the error message of some thing like this: Drone breaking, return sticks to middle

The drone stops hard in mid flight, I need to let go of the sticks and then it resumes flight, sometimes with no other issues, sometimes the same error message reappears within seconds. Any idea on that?

2018-5-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The message is about braking, not breaking.
It's telling you that the obstacle avoidance system is reacting to an obstacle.
2018-5-18
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

As Labroides said above its braking. Is this happening when you are close to any objects? Or is it happening in wide open areas with no objects at all nearby?
2018-5-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

More than likely the sun or mist/fog, rain or snow lol but the sun is the main culprit if you are no where near buildings or other objects, etc.
2018-5-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I agree with Bashy,  most likely the sun is the reason you get the message, for the same reason my OA is permanent off, just too annoying.
What it mean is that it has braked by itself after seeing a ghost and you now have to center/release the sticks before it will move further.
2018-5-19
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I also notice that this can happen when not too small insects are in front of the obstacle avoiding sensors... happened to me last Tuesday!
When this happens mid-flight somewhere in the air... it can only be this or a bird... the Phantom will continue to fly by itself...
2018-5-19
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Sun, on the P4 Pro it happens a lot.  Interesting about insects as that might also be happening to me, as I am seeing a few bug strikes now in the summer.  

But back in April, when flying back towards the sun, I had so many of the messages, I ended yawing away and flying back sideways to stop the messages.  

Interesting that dji can't update firmware to allow for a more specific error and allow for the sun.  

Paul Caldwell
2018-5-19
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spell Check jumped in on you.
2018-5-19
Use props
928Estates
lvl.2
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-18 15:49
As Labroides said above its braking. Is this happening when you are close to any objects? Or is it happening in wide open areas with no objects at all nearby?

It happens in wide open areas with 0 obstacles anywhere. And yes it is braking ;-)
2018-5-19
Use props
928Estates
lvl.2
United States

Sun would be a plausible explanation, as I am in AZ and mostly only fly in bright sun. Thank you all for the explanation!  Greatly appreciated.
Now on to the pesky Ultrasonic sensor error messages......:-(
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

928Estates Posted at 2018-5-19 06:24
Sun would be a plausible explanation, as I am in AZ and mostly only fly in bright sun. Thank you all for the explanation!  Greatly appreciated.
Now on to the pesky Ultrasonic sensor error messages......:-(

May I know what's the flight environment when the ultrasonic sensor error appears? Does it appear frequently?
2018-5-20
Use props
rangers95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584695 ft
Switzerland

its been happening to me as well , but im sure its insects, they are not big but the sensor sees them and braking occurs, weird
2018-5-21
Use props
928Estates
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-20 23:25
May I know what's the flight environment when the ultrasonic sensor error appears? Does it appear frequently?

I live and fly in Arizona. It is wide open, great line of sight, sunny and clear. It does happen every flight as of lately. It has no negative effect on the flight, and I can land the drone safely again after completion of the flight. I am all UTD with the software updates.
2018-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

928Estates Posted at 2018-5-23 08:28
I live and fly in Arizona. It is wide open, great line of sight, sunny and clear. It does happen every flight as of lately. It has no negative effect on the flight, and I can land the drone safely again after completion of the flight. I am all UTD with the software updates.

I would turn them off chap until you feel a flight is in need of them, thats what i do and im in the UK, the sun is a rarity lol
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

928Estates Posted at 2018-5-23 08:28
I live and fly in Arizona. It is wide open, great line of sight, sunny and clear. It does happen every flight as of lately. It has no negative effect on the flight, and I can land the drone safely again after completion of the flight. I am all UTD with the software updates.

Thanks for the clarification. According to your description, it sounds like the misinformation, our engineers are working on this and will fix it soon.
2018-5-25
Use props
928Estates
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-25 03:06
Thanks for the clarification. According to your description, it sounds like the misinformation, our engineers are working on this and will fix it soon.

Thank you for looking into this issue.
2018-5-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

928Estates Posted at 2018-5-26 08:24
Thank you for looking into this issue.

You are welcome. We'll release on our website as long as there is an update.
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules