Inspire 1 TB48 Battery Concerns
764 7 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Is this battery done? It has 61 charges on it I believe. I can't  remember if I was full throttling the Inspire to trigger the deviations  in cell 1... Regardless if I was full throttling it or not... the  deviations in cell 1 seem pretty bad. What you all think? Time to retire  the pack?                                                
Untitled.jpg
2018-5-18
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Cycle it down then back up to full - see how it goes.
If the pattern continues then retire it.
2018-5-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-5-18 21:39
Cycle it down then back up to full - see how it goes.
If the pattern continues then retire it.

It's a very weird battery for sure. I've been having this issue only with this battery. When I drain it completely and charge it full, cell 1 seems to behave fine. After 5-6 flights with it, it starts to act funny and the deviations start to look how it does in the photo, but not as bad. I find I need to drain it completely after 10 charges.

1 of my other batteries that is fairly new, has 31 charges and I've been getting 'battery error' with it. I land it quickly, reboot the DJI Go app and never see the error again. It happens here and there, not every flight though. Might be a glitch in the app possibly, otherwise the error would keep showing up regardless what I do no?
2018-5-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be suspicious of this battery! I think one or more of the cells is dropping voltage under load. Check temperatures when this happens, this could be the reason for the alerts  (overheating)

Best of luck

Rich
2018-5-19
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-5-19 15:36
I would be suspicious of this battery! I think one or more of the cells is dropping voltage under load. Check temperatures when this happens, this could be the reason for the alerts  (overheating)

Best of luck

Next time I fly hopefully this weekend, I'll keep an eye out on the temp. If all fails, I'll just retire the battery and use it for a phone charger lol
2018-5-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2018-5-21 20:18
Next time I fly hopefully this weekend, I'll keep an eye out on the temp. If all fails, I'll just retire the battery and use it for a phone charger lol

look for higher than normal temps   I hope it works for you!  pretty expensive phone charging battery  

Rich
2018-5-21
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

There was talk of someone exploring options to re-cell the TB batteries a while ago.
Not sure how that went however. The TBs use higher than normal voltage LiPo cells and I'm led to understand that they are not easy to source.

As we have 60+ TB batteries across the fleet, I would be keen to see them re-furbished rather than head to a landfill.

2018-5-22
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-5-21 20:38
look for higher than normal temps   I hope it works for you!  pretty expensive phone charging battery  

Rich

Lmao tell me about it My iPhone 7 Plus will be living the lavish life with a TB48 charging it haha
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules