Icarus app
3014 16 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

Hi i have been using this app to change dbm from 20 to 27 dbm and was wondering what happens if i change it to higher than 27 dbm??i know my range has changed a lot when i changed it from 20 to 27.but am i getting more rang if it is above 27 or can i destroy the rc with this if higher than 27??
2018-5-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

My bet is that it won't go any higher.
2018-5-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

"what happens if i change it to higher than 27 dbm??"
You're being told by NASA that you better stop playing around with their mars rower!

What are you trying to achieve? - already with the 27dbm you risk interfering other peoples use of wifi, bluetooth and other wireless equipment when you fly around with way more transmitting power than allowed within EU.

There would be a risk that the radio would be fried of either it own transmission power or the increased power surge but i doubt it, hopefully it won't be set higher as also people making helpful thing that might/might not be legal of use often has some sense.
2018-5-19
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

Normal where i fly in denmark there is no other wifi around i was just curiuse as i know those range extenders are on 33 dbm
2018-5-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-5-19 02:30
Normal where i fly in denmark there is no other wifi around i was just curiuse as i know those range extenders are on 33 dbm

Are you not already with the 27DBm having a range where the batteries would be the bottleneck if you want to do anything but fly forward and back?

I guess the range extenders are build to it and also often would be very directional minimizing the risk of interfere with anything but what is in the same direction as pointed, but still not legal due t the power used on those frequencies.
2018-5-19
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

I get about 1 km with the stock and with a windsurfer parabol about 1.3 km and yes i am happy with this and still on firmware 1.7.9 and using litchi off course with the waypoint missions the range is higher as it still continue mission if signal is lost and after last waypoint it returning home every time i used this
2018-5-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Okay i'll get you now, i thought the P3's had much better range than that ...
2018-5-19
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

it fly´s waypoint missions 100% in litchi i had flown it up to 3.5.km away.the only thing you need to worry about is the battery flighttime it have to have power to return to home.its a standars i have normal range is about 500-700 meter with stock and off coure where you fly
2018-5-19
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

You need to remember that for every 3dB increase, the output doubles.  I think the expense is shorter battery life and components running warmer than usual.
I'm willing to bet that removing the antenna with the unit on would destroy it instantly.
2018-9-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I beleive that turning it up too high can result in the board getting too hot and i think, burning it out, i read something about trying to get more power and the board going capput
2018-9-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Icarus do not recc'd going above the 27. Must be a reason for that.

I used Icarus all the time on my P3S even when I had the 2W boosters on ... far better in my opinion than Magic Power. Because Icarus was on the Android tablet and available anytime I wanted it ... but Magic Power needed a PC to use it.

With Icarus I could easily hit 2km rural ...

Nigel
2018-9-3
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

Was the 2KM (rural) with the 2W booster added as well?
Can you post a link to that 2W booster?  I'm not finding it on Google.
2018-9-5
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60853 ft

This is my problem with Icarus. I am connected to phantom 3 standard WiFi but the application won't recognise connection
Screenshot_20190916-141912.png
2019-9-16
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

Vanea Auzeac Posted at 9-16 03:25
This is my problem with Icarus. I am connected to phantom 3 standard WiFi but the application won't recognise connection

Tick telenet and enable it
2019-10-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-19 02:24
"what happens if i change it to higher than 27 dbm??"
You're being told by NASA that you better stop playing around with their mars rower!

Total rubbish ... sorry but it will NOT cause any interference / trouble for any other.

The way RC RF works today - you'd have to have immensely powerful RF to swamp the bands ... not our piffling tiny output !
2019-10-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

Rene Jensen Posted at 10-20 03:14
Tick telenet and enable it

Plus ... each time you change something its best to log out, power off - power up and log in again ..
2019-10-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

Anonymous1 Posted at 2018-9-5 09:24
Was the 2KM (rural) with the 2W booster added as well?
Can you post a link to that 2W booster?  I'm not finding it on Google.

No - I was getting 2km with Icarus and Argtek system.

With the boosters on both 2.4 and 5.8 - I had over 5kms'.

I could even get over 4km with reflectors on Argtek antennas without booster ...
2019-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules