Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phntom 3 SE (Forgotten Child)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_92jEuGx9cVvt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14639 ft
United States

Where do you post questions or problems for solutions on the Phantom 3 SE?  It appears that you don't have an area for the Phantom 3 SE.

I have one with 9 hours of total operation time since December.  I used most of that time indoors without the propellers flying the Academy. LOL  Then I got the time and health to move to the local flight area in April when spring arrived.  I had less than 30 minutes of actual air time when the DJI Go app indicated a Gimbal error the next time I powered up the unit.  Then on the main page of the App the Green GPS section at the top changed to a "No Video Transmission".
I contacted support and was run through a series of things to do, which at age 67, I thought they were speaking greek, but I followed their instructions and reset, updated, recharged and finally reboxed and returned the unit for repair.
It has come back and it has the same problem.  That is after almost 8 weeks of do this and thats, it is still no able to use.
I can manually fly, but the GPS shows 8 or 9 sats, but the bar still says no video connection or tranmission and the Red Gimbal error is still their as well as the fact that I have NO FPV from the unit.  I cannot use the camera or video.
My wife bought this for me in December.  I am in Heart Failure and cannot hike or walk very far now at age 67. So she felt I could at least see the forest or outdoors with the video. So after $1100 invested in extras and the unit, it sits in the corner.  No she is also in heart failure and age 6
4.  So this healthy idea has caused enough STRESS and when I call your support team, they treat me like I am a dummy because I don't know a term they use or I ask what they mean.
I know I am dying, but DJI, you surely are not helping me stay stress free.  
I am just looking for some help.  Can you guide me?

Has anyone else had this problem or been having trouble getting help?  Let DJI know on this THREAD.

Rodger Norris
Phantom 3 SE
Apple I-Pad Mini 4

2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry for the trouble it brings. Please provide us a screenshot with the error message in your app. Did the camera start self-check when you turn it on? Please ensure the cable above the camera is well- connected. I would recommend your try to update the firmware of your drone and see if the problem remains.
2018-5-19
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

The Phantom 3 SE is essentially a Phantom 3 STANDARD with a better camera.  There is a dedicated Phantom 3 Standard forum listed with the others.

While you are here, I'll see if I can answer your questions.  The number of GPS satellites shown sounds adequate for your model.  These are only used to determine the coordinates (think "map reference") of where it is in space.  The aircraft actually have a number of radio sub-systems, all providing independent functions (e.g. GPS -- for positioning, control and telemetry -- sending flight control movements and receiving monitoring data like battery level and error messages back from the aircraft, the video transmission link...)  If you are not getting a video link it has nothing to do with the GPS.  It is more likely that you are not aligning the antenna of the controller with the aircraft properly, leading to a weak link and no video transmission being received.   

The gimbal error message is probably because the gimbal is being fouled and obstructed from moving.  Did you remove the (clear plastic?) shipping locking block from the back of the gimbal so it can move freely after it is started up?  If it continues without the shipping block, you might have to post a short video so we can have a look and advise you.

Good luck.
2018-5-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

endotherm Posted at 2018-5-19 04:19
The Phantom 3 SE is essentially a Phantom 3 STANDARD with a better camera.  There is a dedicated Phantom 3 Standard forum listed with the others.

While you are here, I'll see if I can answer your questions.  The number of GPS satellites shown sounds adequate for your model.  These are only used to determine the coordinates (think "map reference") of where it is in space.  The aircraft actually have a number of radio sub-systems, all providing independent functions (e.g. GPS -- for positioning, control and telemetry -- sending flight control movements and receiving monitoring data like battery level and error messages back from the aircraft, the video transmission link...)  If you are not getting a video link it has nothing to do with the GPS.  It is more likely that you are not aligning the antenna of the controller with the aircraft properly, leading to a weak link and no video transmission being received.   

Sorry - but the SE is not very closely related to the P3S even if it seems to be at first glance (or maybe you're confusing the SE with the 4K).  For example, the stick antenna only communicates with the mobile device.  The two patch antennas hidden inside are what communicate with the AC, and they work very similarly to the two stick antennas on the P3A/P, which seems to indicate a lightbridge system, even if DJI calls it "enhanced wifi."  Pointing the controller correctly is important, but the position of the stick antenna is not.  

So the video above won't help much since the position of the stick has nothing to do with the AC.

Also, the SE uses GLONASS - therefore 8-9 satellites as mentioned in the OP is not a particularly good satellite connection.

Read more here:  https://phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-on-se.123704/

2018-5-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't let a drone stress you out!  Find someone locally that owns one and let them help you out.
2018-5-19
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft

Rodger, where in the US are you located? Perhaps there is someone nearby who can lend some personal assistance. I would be happy to help if you're in Southern Ca.
2018-5-19
Use props
Rodger575
lvl.1
United States

I am located in SE New Mexico in the lower Rocky Mountains at 11,000 feet. A place called Timberon, NM, with a population of 237 year round residents.  Thanks for the offer. LarBear360 if you were here I would take the help.  Feel like a trip??  LOL

Working my way up the replies or posts, I have removed the transit protection and the lense cap.  On Power up, the software checks the Gimbal and goes through the test cycle.  I also can adjust and calibarat the Gimbal from the remote control using the nob.

ENDOTHERM thanks for the reply.  I have cleared the Gimbal and removed all transit items.  Still no luck.  It does go through the test so the cable is connected, and I would think that after the REPAIR CENTER had the unit, they would have checked the connection as well, but I think they missed it.  You see the BAD PART is that I have a complete skin on the drone. When I sent it to repair, they said they "removed and replaced the main board".  PROBLEM they sent the done back and the "SKIN" was NOT cut or removed from the drone and it covers every screw.  Now how did they do that?  LOL

No one that I have found in this area with a drone. LOL  Alamogordo NM (First Atomic Bomb explosion) is the nearest large town of about 16,000. I posted on Facebook, but now I am going to try Holloman AFB to see if some of the "young guys" may have the toys.  Thanks ALABAMA for the suggestions.

MARK THE DROANER it shows the antenna are fine.  The Phantom 3SE has a single stick on the back.  I am standing about 10 feet from the unit or it sits on my desk as I lay in bed and gives the error message. I downloaded the Android version of DJI Go today and got a Green Bar Satelite Ready to Fly, however still had NO Video.  I get the Gimbal error, even though the gimbal has full motion and control from the remote control.  I have removed the props and I can fire up the motors, move forward and backward or side to side as well as use auto take off and RTH .  So this indicates everything is linked and working, however there is no video transmission from the drone to the IPad Mini 4.

Working my way up the replies or posts, I have removed the transit protection and the lense cap.  On Power up, the software checks the Gimbal and goes through the test cycle.  I also can adjust and calibarat the Gimbal from the remote control using the nob.

DJI Elektra   I have followed the FIRMWARE Update procedure last month.  THAT WAS NOT THE PROBLEM.  I followed the instructions that DJI Repair sent to me, which were the same as the video.  My Firmware was the latest and up to date.  Once I did this and told them it did not help, the agent told me to send the Drone in for a repair and UPDATE.  I did that and got it back.  THEY DID NOTHING to repair my unit and that is why I have asked about ESCALATING my problem  9 Minutes flight time. No crashes, No hard landings.  1300 feet total distance.  The flight log was destroyed during the update procedure.  The Controler is communicating with the Drone as you can see in my responses.  

I have 15 pages of emails that Support sent to me in the last 60 days.  Do you keep them on file?  You should be able to look at the HISTORY by the CASE NUMBER and be able to have me do something new rather than start over with the steps each time.

DJI has really been a disappointment with this problem.  HOWEVER each tech always ask me to COMPLETE THE SURVEY AND GIVE THEM A HIGH RATING.

I would love to be able to tell a SUPERVISOR about my story with a simple repair.  Thanks to all of you that have responded on my post, I only hope that someday I can help you with a problem as well.

Rodger 575
2018-5-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Rodger575 Posted at 2018-5-19 21:35 The Phantom 3SE has a single stick antenna on the back...

The P3SE controller has three (3) antennas as I stated above.  Two of them are patch antennas in the front facing forward which you cannot see.  Those are the important ones.  You should try to point them correctly.  IMO, the easiest way to do it is to place your controller on a table, move the stick antenna so it's straight up and perfectly vertical, and then from that point forward, hold the controller with both hands and use your wrists to angle the controller so it is pointing at your AC as described in the video above without fiddling with the stick directly.  Keep the controller between you and the AC.  Fly with the AC in front of you and not above you.  This will always give you perfect aim and perfect polarity.

Ideally, you want to launch and fly in an open field under open sky away from civilization.  Avoid launching or flying near trees, buildings, towers, etc.

Good luck

2018-5-20
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-5-20 00:17
The P3SE controller has three (3) antennas as I stated above.  Two of them are patch antennas in the front facing forward which you cannot see.  Those are the important ones.  You should try to point them correctly.  IMO, the easiest way to do it is to place your controller on a table, move the stick antenna so it's straight up and perfectly vertical, and then from that point forward, hold the controller with both hands and use your wrists to angle the controller so it is pointing at your AC as described in the video above without fiddling with the stick directly.  Keep the controller between you and the AC.  Fly with the AC in front of you and not above you.  This will always give you perfect aim and perfect polarity.

Ideally, you want to launch and fly in an open field under open sky away from civilization.  Avoid launching or flying near trees, buildings, towers, etc.

Has anyone considered the ribbon cable? This whole thing sounds familiar. Turns out the ribbon cable was defective.
2018-5-20
Use props
Rodger Norris
lvl.1
United States

LarBear360 Posted at 2018-5-20 15:00
Has anyone considered the ribbon cable? This whole thing sounds familiar. Turns out the ribbon cable was defective.

Well, here is a STATUS UPDATE.  As you can see by my messages it has been a month since I looked for help.  All of the suggestions were just great.  No help but great.  I checked the cable, I removed all the plastic items like Gimbal Stop, and lense cap.  So far, the unit has been shipped to repair 4 times and back to me.  By the way that is after 17 phone calls and 11 Emails.  By the way, it is still not working and will go back once again.  Simply I have no FPV or Camera controls on the DJI APP Screen on the right side.  Oh, I have gotten back my GPS and a Green OK Flight Line on the top of the screen.  The repair center seems to DO NOTHING or they are JUST DUMB to the unit.  If they could or would TEST it prior to sending it back ONE TIME they would see the problem or tell me how to fix it.  Why do the NOT Test?  I have been 5 months trying to get this fixed.  One person told me to join the FORUM because the Repair People monitor the posts.  BS   I have never had something frustrate me more than this in my 67 years.  Really and I am a Vet.  It is a shame that I cannot get to talk to a Supervisor.  Someone recommended that I reach out locally for someone to help,.  That was a nice thought, I guess I will ask one of the 200 people that live in the mountain community to help me. Most here don't even know what a drone is and almost all call me to help with their computer problems.  Seriously.  Not all of us live in or near a big city. I am 3.5 hours from El Paso, TX into NM.  I have decided that I would never recommend DJI to anyone based on the service, yet every time I talk with an agent, they tell me about the SURVEY that I will be getting and to rate them high.  RIGHT.
I CONTACTED   BEST BUY and attempted to UPGrade to a Mavic, but get this they told me I owned it to long for them to help.  Not that 5 of the 6 months it has not be able to fly.  
Is there anyone that would like to "Hand Hold Me" later this wee when I get home from the hospital to see if we can get this thing to work?  All I want is to know what is wrong.
2018-6-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Rodger Norris Posted at 2018-6-24 19:10
Well, here is a STATUS UPDATE.  As you can see by my messages it has been a month since I looked for help.  All of the suggestions were just great.  No help but great.  I checked the cable, I removed all the plastic items like Gimbal Stop, and lense cap.  So far, the unit has been shipped to repair 4 times and back to me.  By the way that is after 17 phone calls and 11 Emails.  By the way, it is still not working and will go back once again.  Simply I have no FPV or Camera controls on the DJI APP Screen on the right side.  Oh, I have gotten back my GPS and a Green OK Flight Line on the top of the screen.  The repair center seems to DO NOTHING or they are JUST DUMB to the unit.  If they could or would TEST it prior to sending it back ONE TIME they would see the problem or tell me how to fix it.  Why do the NOT Test?  I have been 5 months trying to get this fixed.  One person told me to join the FORUM because the Repair People monitor the posts.  BS   I have never had something frustrate me more than this in my 67 years.  Really and I am a Vet.  It is a shame that I cannot get to talk to a Supervisor.  Someone recommended that I reach out locally for someone to help,.  That was a nice thought, I guess I will ask one of the 200 people that live in the mountain community to help me. Most here don't even know what a drone is and almost all call me to help with their computer problems.  Seriously.  Not all of us live in or near a big city. I am 3.5 hours from El Paso, TX into NM.  I have decided that I would never recommend DJI to anyone based on the service, yet every time I talk with an agent, they tell me about the SURVEY that I will be getting and to rate them high.  RIGHT.
I CONTACTED   BEST BUY and attempted to UPGrade to a Mavic, but get this they told me I owned it to long for them to help.  Not that 5 of the 6 months it has not be able to fly.  
Is there anyone that would like to "Hand Hold Me" later this wee when I get home from the hospital to see if we can get this thing to work?  All I want is to know what is wrong.

It is so sad to read of cases like this. Thinking that the reps would have a hard time doing it wrong so many times and not testing it all work, i'll suggest you post the current version of Aircraft, controller, app and the IOS version running on your iPad, eventually some screenshots from the app.
Hopefully one of the sharp minded here familiar with the P3SE notice something that could be the cause of all your trouble.

Best luck.
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules