DJI Go keep crashing on startup
2347 9 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Macabre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 390220 ft
Sweden

Every time I try to start DJI Go after not flying for 6+ hours, the app crashes and I get -DJI Go keeps stopping- error.
I don't get crashes in flight, or if I just restart the app, only when I don't use it for a few hours.
I have to reinstall the app and relog but I don't lose the flight data. Is there a way to solve this so I don't have to reinstall the app every time I want to fly? It's not a small download.

Samsung Note 8 here with Oreo (8.0) update.

2018-5-19
Use props
Neliusspies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2151526 ft
Nauru

It might be that your device is not compatible maybe attempt with another device eg Iphone,Ipad and take it from there
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. In order to do the troubleshooting, please try another mobile device to see if it fixes, you are recommended to try the one on the compatible list below:

2018-5-21
Use props
Macabre
lvl.2

I have Samsungs flagship, even after S9, Note 8 is still the flagship. There is nothing wrong with my phone.And I am definitely not going to try an Apple product. It's junk.
2018-5-21
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your device is definitely on the list for compatible. Diana was just trying to eliminate the device as the problem.  Android OS is not the best solution for DJI software. (unstable and buggy!) I would clear the cache/data from the DJI GO 4 Application in application management and then uninstall the application; reinstall the app from scratch after a reboot of the device and try again. If this does not resolve the issue... factory reset the device and reinstall DJI GO 4 and see if that fixes it. If not be sure to come back here and rant little more or go buy an Apple device to use with your DJI drone. (I recommend either an iPad mini 4 or if you hate hate hate Apple then go for a Crystal Sky device)

I am honestly not sure why DJI still supports Android; they have a hard time keeping the application stable because there are so many variations of Android OS. iOS stays the same for the most part other than version updates. Probably a good majority of customers here would recommend Apple devices for DJI software; those that have tried Android seem to fall away very disappointed.

Good Luck!
2018-5-21
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-5-21 03:19
Your device is definitely on the list for compatible. Diana was just trying to eliminate the device as the problem.  Android OS is not the best solution for DJI software. (unstable and buggy!) I would clear the cache/data from the DJI GO 4 Application in application management and then uninstall the application; reinstall the app from scratch after a reboot of the device and try again. If this does not resolve the issue... factory reset the device and reinstall DJI GO 4 and see if that fixes it. If not be sure to come back here and rant little more or go buy an Apple device to use with your DJI drone. (I recommend either an iPad mini 4 or if you hate hate hate Apple then go for a Crystal Sky device)

I am honestly not sure why DJI still supports Android; they have a hard time keeping the application stable because there are so many variations of Android OS. iOS stays the same for the most part other than version updates. Probably a good majority of customers here would recommend Apple devices for DJI software; those that have tried Android seem to fall away very disappointed.

"I am honestly not sure why DJI still supports Android;"

Mobile Operating System Market Share Worldwide
2018-5-21
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Your device is definitely on the list for compatible. Diana was just trying to eliminate the device as the problem.  Android OS is not the best solution for DJI software. (unstable and buggy!) I would clear the cache/data from the DJI GO 4 Application in application management and then uninstall the application; reinstall the app from scratch after a reboot of the device and try again. If this does not resolve the issue... factory reset the device and reinstall DJI GO 4 and see if that fixes it. If not be sure to come back here and rant little more or go buy an Apple device to use with your DJI drone. (I recommend either an iPad mini 4 or if you hate hate hate Apple then go for a Crystal Sky device)

Actually, I've been flying with an Android for almost a year now and I've never had a single bug with it that wasn't my fault.  I see quite a few posts here about IOS though.  And I totally agree with Macabre about Apple.  Every apple device that I have used has been junk.  I'll stick with Samsung and Android.  
2018-5-21
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I started a Poll just to find out if Apple is still on top.

2018-5-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Reinstall the app.      
2018-5-22
Use props
Macabre
lvl.2
Sweden

Your device is definitely on the list for compatible. Diana was just trying to eliminate the device as the problem.  Android OS is not the best solution for DJI software. (unstable and buggy!) I would clear the cache/data from the DJI GO 4 Application in application management and then uninstall the application; reinstall the app from scratch after a reboot of the device and try again. If this does not resolve the issue... factory reset the device and reinstall DJI GO 4 and see if that fixes it. If not be sure to come back here and rant little more or go buy an Apple device to use with your DJI drone. (I recommend either an iPad mini 4 or if you hate hate hate Apple then go for a Crystal Sky device)

There are no Android variation, just skin variations which don't have any effect on the software.
There are millions of Android apps that work fine on iOS as well. DJI app crashing this often on Android is because DJI developers are not good at coding for Android. That and DJI is basically owned by Apple.
And for that very reason you can't make a poll about Android vs iOS as it doesn't reflect the general market, just DJI community.

We are basically forced into DJI products as nothing else comes close to their drones.
But as soon as something new shows up, I WILL jump ship and make sure people know about it.
You can't freaking sell something this expensive and be so bad at developing an app for it.
Because let's face it, I am far from the only one who is experiencing crashes. In fact, I am the lucky one because my app has not crashed mid flight yet.

This is a scandal and someone should file a lawsuit against DJI. Big firms get sued for less.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules