P4 Pro V1.0 vs V2.0 Which should I buy?
1209 2 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david_eberhardt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51486 ft
United States

I'm wondering if I should buy P4P V1.0 instead of P4 Pro V2.0? My primary reason for buying V2.0 is Ocusync but NOT for the goggles aspect. Wanting the best transmission reliability possible.

Also, would you consider the P4P V1.0 a more stable and proven platform vs the newer V2.0 model?
2018-5-19
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Probably not enough owners yet who have compared.  Newest DJI product.  Give it a while.
2018-5-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The main reason to get the V2.0 would be if you use the goggles full time, like I do. Ocusync has the huge advantage of being able to use the goggles and your tablet/smart phone simultaneously, an enormous drawback of the V1.0, where that's not possible without expense and hassle. With the older P4P (which I have), though, you do have the option of downgrading to a firmware version prior to the login requirement, which makes using the goggles practical via the USB cable. Long story on how that's done, won't go into it here....

Otherwise, the performance of the Lightbridge system with the V1.0 is as good as ocusync (comparing it to my mavic pro for example) with comparable range, downlink video quality and latency.

So if you don't need good goggles support, the 1.0 is a fine machine and will probably start coming available for reduced prices pretty quick...
As for which is more stable, etc., the 1.0 has the usual flakey, buggy DJI firmware that you have to constantly hassle with and work around, like all DJI products. The V2.0 I wouldn't expect to be any different. So which to go with in terms of that is pretty much just toss a coin and get the one that comes up heads....
2018-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules