2923 18 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758766 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Hi any idea when and if will be available 4k output from a timelapse ,motion timelapse etc on Android devices?I can have 4K on Iphone 7+ but not at Samsung S7 Edge.Also SlowMotion isnt available ,but minor since you can use the native camera app.

Nick

2018-5-19
Use props
Tefzors
lvl.1
United Kingdom

That's odd, because on my 5T I can make a time-lapse and it records it in 4K. Which is even better considering the stock app only does it in 1080p.
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Nick, the resolution of Timelapse in Android mobile device is 720P, currently, it is not possible to take the higher resolution, but we will keep improving our APP.
Slow-motion is not available for Android mobile device, please use the stock Camera. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-5-21
Use props
Rek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Luxembourg

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-21 01:56
Nick, the resolution of Timelapse in Android mobile device is 720P, currently, it is not possible to take the higher resolution, but we will keep improving our APP.
Slow-motion is not available for Android mobile device, please use the stock Camera. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Strange, it says 1080 output on the phone screen ,but also fcpx recognized it like 1080 too.
2018-5-25
Use props
tuxoche
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-21 01:56

My Huawei Mate Pro 10 sticks to 720p and my older Samsung S7 does 1080p with timelapse, but where is 4K support, separate at least JPEG files (just like panorama shots) and a further feature missing is DNG (RAW)

ciao tuxoche
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rek Posted at 2018-5-25 06:00
Strange, it says 1080 output on the phone screen ,but also fcpx recognized it like 1080 too.

Thanks for your feedback, we will forward to our engineers for further verification, but I'm afraid it is not possible to select the higher resolution in Timelapse.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tuxoche Posted at 2018-5-27 12:09
My Huawei Mate Pro 10 sticks to 720p and my older Samsung S7 does 1080p with timelapse, but where is 4K support, separate at least JPEG files (just like panorama shots) and a further feature missing is DNG (RAW)

ciao tuxoche

For most Android devices, the resolution of Timelapse in Android mobile device is 720P, currently, it is not possible to take the higher resolution, there is no DNG in Timelapse because of the hardware limitation, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-5-28
Use props
tuxoche
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-28 02:53
For most Android devices, the resolution of Timelapse in Android mobile device is 720P, currently, it is not possible to take the higher resolution, there is no DNG in Timelapse because of the hardware limitation, sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm badly disappointed about this, you should give a warning on a very prominent place on your website and mention that the OSMO Mobile so far is (almost) not usable for Android devices and that DJI surely prefers Apple.
The Galaxy S7 by the way is listed as a compatible device

ciao tuxoche
2018-5-28
Use props
Vorpahl
lvl.1
United States

This is ridiculous! If I had known there were so many restrictions with Android phones, I wouldn't have bought the Osmos Mobile 2! No slow motion, low export resolution of timelapses, this is a joke!
2018-5-30
Use props
Rek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Vorpahl Posted at 2018-5-30 19:32
This is ridiculous! If I had known there were so many restrictions with Android phones, I wouldn't have bought the Osmos Mobile 2! No slow motion, low export resolution of timelapses, this is a joke!

I can only agree with you ,its even embarrassing for the tec team of DJI...
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tuxoche Posted at 2018-5-28 07:32
I'm badly disappointed about this, you should give a warning on a very prominent place on your website and mention that the OSMO Mobile so far is (almost) not usable for Android devices and that DJI surely prefers Apple.
The Galaxy S7 by the way is listed as a compatible device

We do apologize to let you down, because of the diversity of Android mobile device, our engineers are working on supporting more functions. We will keep improving our products to make you have a better experience, sorry again for the inconvenience.
2018-6-1
Use props
tuxoche
lvl.1
Germany

What about a workarround. Just store the JPEG files from any timelapse function on the devices or if installed on the SD-Card, just like you do it in Panomode. This way i could live with 1080p for fast results and posts on social media. This way i could do 4k timelapse from the JPEG files (even though DNG would even be better ;-)

ciao tuxoche
2018-6-1
Use props
tuxoche
lvl.1
Germany

A critical view on DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Part I
2018-6-21
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I shoot in 1080p and I had to edit my footage on a different app on my phone to keep it at 1080p.  Hopefully DJI will upgrade its resolution output like they did with the DJI Go 4 app
2018-6-21
Use props
tuxoche
lvl.1
Germany

A critical view on DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Part II
2018-6-29
Use props
Robert_123
lvl.1
Austria

I'm soo disappointed about the fact that I can't do motion laps more than 720p. Today I got my new Osmo Mobile 2, last week my new Huawei P10 Plus, and after trying and trying to get a motion lap done in 1080p I read this post ..... - VERY VERY disappointing to have a modern mobile device which also shoots in RAW 4K and then you have a gimbal which only can do 720p videos ....
2018-9-15
Use props
Rek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Robert_123 Posted at 2018-9-15 09:17
I'm soo disappointed about the fact that I can't do motion laps more than 720p. Today I got my new Osmo Mobile 2, last week my new Huawei P10 Plus, and after trying and trying to get a motion lap done in 1080p I read this post ..... - VERY VERY disappointing to have a modern mobile device which also shoots in RAW 4K and then you have a gimbal which only can do 720p videos ....

Yes and it looks that they don't really care.I suppose they promote apple products ,iphone support motion timelapse output to 4k.
2018-9-15
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

I have a Huawei P20 Pro and can do timelapses etc. in 4K
2018-9-16
Use props
Rek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Luxembourg

saviour Posted at 2018-9-16 23:23
I have a Huawei P20 Pro and can do timelapses etc. in 4K

Interesting can anyone confirm with other new devices that supports outputfor timelapseat  4k?( samsung note 9-s9+ etc).
2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules