Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643773 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi,

do you clean your drone after every flight? how do you clean the dust in Gimbal area? or any tips for cleaning overall drone and what to clean?
2018-5-20
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unless you are flying near the ocean or in the desert, cleaning after every flight seems excessive.

Just wiping down the body with a dry cloth, and cleaning the lens with a microfiber cloth as needed.
2018-5-20
Use props
Divisi0n13042
lvl.1
United States

No need to meticulously clean it every single flight. I go through it when it needs it. Wipe everything down and compressed air for tight crevices.
2018-5-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

i clean mine often.  Not after every flight, but it's pretty close.  It's part of my post-flight inspection.  I clean it with compressed air, Clorox wipes, and a small dust brush.

2018-5-20
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

I mainly check and clean all sensor and prop after flight which important for safety. Other area just clean when needed.
2018-5-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

you would be upset how unclean my mavic pro is.  LOL.  so much dust in every nook and cranny.  im sure if i opened it up there would be mud hut from flying in threw dirt and dust and then rain and snow..and she still flies like day one..
2018-5-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-20 17:28
you would be upset how unclean my mavic pro is.  LOL.  so much dust in every nook and cranny.  im sure if i opened it up there would be mud hut from flying in threw dirt and dust and then rain and snow..and she still flies like day one..

you're right.  i would probably be upset.

i don't keep the cleanest house in the world.  My wife would attest to this.  But my toys are pristine.  always.

some days i just pull them out and clean them because i can.  I think i clean my guitar more than i play it.
2018-5-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-5-20 18:00
you're right.  i would probably be upset.

i don't keep the cleanest house in the world.  My wife would attest to this.  But my toys are pristine.  always.

i keep my house very clean, i keep my car..mostly clean...my GF wouldn't accept me otherwise.. but some stuff that gets dirty too often too easily or too difficult to clean properly that i just leave it be..

so i treat it like my ATV.. just remains dirty until either the rain takes care of it for me or until i have to spray if off because making other stuff too dirty around it.. how i handle my drone, only difference is i wipe the shell off before i pack it up.. i dont dig dirt out of it..
2018-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules