1041 7 2018-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

HI All,
I was thinking about picking up a Osmo 2 to use with a GoPro Hero 6. Ive see the Hero6 adapters for the Osmo 2. Is anyone else using any of these if so which one?

Thanks in advance.

2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Osmo mobile is designed for mobile phone, I don't think you could mount GoPro, sorry that we could not provide any support on the third party product.
2018-5-21
Use props
HeavyDuty
lvl.2

I have one of the Amazon ones for my Hero5 Black, but it needs to be balanced better before I’ll consider using it with my OM2.  
2018-5-21
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-21 01:23
Osmo mobile is designed for mobile phone, I don't think you could mount GoPro, sorry that we could not provide any support on the third party product.

Well, Is there any thought of swapping out the mobile phone adapter for a GoPro adapter? I'd buy it!
2018-5-21
Use props
umadbrv
lvl.2
United Kingdom

There's a cheap adapter in Amazon which matches it weight to a normal phone. Stabilisation is okayy but not the best. I use zhiyun there's no major difference except object tracking  
2018-5-21
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I purchased the PGYTech adapter, and it arrived this morning. The adapter is very well made and comes with an additional set of screws (used to fasten the harness to the adapter). The phone I am currently using on my OM2 is an iPhone 6 which weighs 133g, the adapter with GoPro (Hero 5) attached weighs 237g, quite a bit heavier (for comparison, the iPhone 8 is 148g and iPhone X is 174g). It was easy to attach and balance the adapter in the OM2, however, I've only done some preliminary tests at this stage. Using the gimbal normally i.e with controls facing you and held upright, part of the gimbal will appear in all but Narrow mode video. If you change to holding the gimbal in torch mode none of the gimbal is visible. I also tried mounting the adapter in reverse and holding the gimbal backwards i.e. controls facing away, doing this eliminated seeing the gimbal regardless of how it was held (although the controls work in reverse which is counter-intuitive). I do not believe the gimbal record button can be made to start video etc. so you will need to use voice control, or a remote trigger. Video taken using the OM2/Adapter/GoPro was smooth, and the adapter does not seem to adversely affect the gimbal. I would say the adapter provides a workable alternative when travelling to taking 2 gimbals (one for phone, and one for GoPro) however not an entirely integrated experience.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

IamWedge Posted at 2018-5-21 11:32
Well, Is there any thought of swapping out the mobile phone adapter for a GoPro adapter? I'd buy it!

No, we do not have such a plan at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-5-22
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-22 00:27
No, we do not have such a plan at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience.

No worries Mindy.
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules