phantom 2 vision plus v3 gimbal and camera gone how to get telemetry
5010 11 2015-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
malewis
New

United Kingdom

Hi fello pilots.  Im a newbie to dji. So confused if what im asking is possible.
fact is I crashed legs either side of a wooden fencing. Ouch yes.
camera and gimbal totalled.  And obviously iv lost all telemetry,  
and I was wondering if there was a way of bypassing the gimbal etc and gaining this info back....
iv seen one description saying plug this into that and that into this but didn't really make sense.
If there is a way untill I get enough for a phantom 3 which is only a few more pounds than a new camera.
Hope someone as an aswer.Thx

2015-5-12
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Now I'm confused.  When you say lost all "telemetry" what exactly are you talking about?!?  The gimbal did not have any feature like that built into it.

If you mean the last video you shot during that flight then the tail end of the video is going to be corrupted because the power died before it could finish "writing" the file.  The usual fix is to put the SD card back into the Phantom and power it up for about 30 seconds so it will close the file.  But if your camera and gimbal are completely trashed... well...

Know anybody else with a Phantom?

2015-5-18
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

What the OP means is that without the V+ camera and gimbal attached you do not get the flight telemetry via the vision app.
As for what he can do about it, there have been posts on here about which wires you need to link to restore the flight information, but buggered if I can find them now
2015-5-18
Use props
hagarthefish
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Remove phantom top shell.
Look down front of mainboard and remove two screws holding usb connecter and grey ribbon cables in place.
Disconnect all grey cables hanging from bottom of phantom from the mainboard, apart from the six pin one in the wifi module.
Remove cables from usb bracket, they are held in place with small strip of glue.
Pull the ribbon cable apart gently so as to leave only the six pin one to the wifi.
Put back usb port with the two screws
Connect the other end of wifi six pin cable to the cam port, which is next to it.
Cut the two wires on six pin cable that are nearest the centre of phantom
    That's it you have full telemetry.   ps the two wires you cut are video and ground and can be used to get fpv from gopro.
2015-5-18
Use props
markusschorta
lvl.1

Australia

hagarthefish Posted at 2015-5-18 23:20
Remove phantom top shell.
Look down front of mainboard and remove two screws holding usb connecter a ...

hello im new to this forum I have had the ame issues camera totalled and trying to get telemetry to work
I did as you said but still I get no Gps or phantom battery info
hope you can help  
markus
2015-5-19
Use props
hagarthefish
lvl.2

United Kingdom

markusschorta@h Posted at 2015-5-19 20:49
hello im new to this forum I have had the ame issues camera totalled and trying to get telemetry t ...

Did you remove the other cables, the ones hanging down and not in use?
2015-5-20
Use props
markusschorta
lvl.1

Australia

hagarthefish Posted at 2015-5-21 14:29
Did you remove the other cables, the ones hanging down and not in use?

Hello
Yes I did exactly as you described

2015-5-21
Use props
hagarthefish
lvl.2

United Kingdom

markusschorta@h Posted at 2015-5-22 11:54
Hello
Yes I did exactly as you described

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 2213815&page=20  This is the link to loads of info on this subject and more. Hope it helps you out.
2015-5-22
Use props
malewis
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for advice htf. I have done as said taken end off six cable connection put in cam port on board.  Cut two wires closest to middle. .With apprehension. .
still got no telemetry only the battery amount for wifi extender.
All other wires are out.  Green light on wifi module. Gps works.  Any more help appreciated.
2015-5-22
Use props
hagarthefish
lvl.2

United Kingdom

malewis@live.co Posted at 2015-5-22 20:43
Thanks for advice htf. I have done as said taken end off six cable connection put in cam port on boa ...

I really don't know sorry. What I do know is the gps icon stays grey until 6 sats are picked up. The sd icon will stay grey.
   Does your wifi connect to your phone or tablet? If not it sounds like a problem with the wifi unit. If you made a wrong connection with the wifi unit and switch quad on it can burn out components in the wifi unit.
   However if it connects to your phone then its ok.
   Other than that I'm out of idea's sorry!
2015-5-24
Use props
quado
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hagarthefish this is bull ... and does not work all it does is wreck peoples wi fi module
it did not work on the one i have either!!!!!!!!!
2019-12-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Is there a "How many years back can you bump a thread?" contest I'm not aware of?  
2019-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules