Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New battery history??
2103 16 2015-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

Just recieved a new TB-48 battery, charged it up and put it in the Inspire to see if it needed an update. This is what I found.

Record 01    Overcurrent During Discharge
    Overheating During Discharge
    Low Temperature During Discharge
    Cell Under-Voltage Protection Due to Over-Discharge
    Cell Broken
    Time to Discharge
Record 02
    Low Temperature During discharge
    Cell Broken
Record 03
    Overcurrent During Discharge
    Cell Broken
Record 04
    Cell Broken
    Time to Discharge
Record 05
    Short Circuit During Discharge
Record 06
    Time to Discharge
Record 07
Record 08
    Cell Broken
Record 09
    Normal

Any Ideas????

2015-5-12
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

If it is telling you this info after the firmware update and after a full recharge and discharge cycle, then this means that one of the six cells in your battery is faulty. You will have to get a new battery.
2015-5-12
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
United States

Didn't do the update just charged and placed in the a/c then look at the history. All the cells show 100% and normal. Just confused about the history. DJI anything????
2015-5-12
Use props
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

Looks to me as though that's not a new batt.
2015-5-12
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
United States

That's what I was thinking.
2015-5-12
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

I have a similar history. My battery is a new one : it came packaged in DJI box, with the plastic wrapper on it, and a seal.
I have the feeling this history thing is not very reliable.
Maybe the "unused" position have an uninitlized state that translate to whatever weirdness for us users.
2015-5-12
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
United States

My battery was new also, the same as yours. Wonder if it went through the auto discharge and caused those messages. Just wondering.
2015-5-12
Use props
peterconquest3
lvl.2

United States

One of my new batteries (only charged 9 times) has almost the identical (8) records. I then pulled the battery and re-charged it, then re-installed, and the battery showed no history at all... just the usual "normal" in every record field.  But that's not all... I had it change from 75% to 0% in one second when the aircraft was sitting in front of me on the floor running. I've posted that story with more details HERE. I am awaiting DJI's response (sent them the details yesterday).
2015-5-12
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
United States

On another thread, it was reported that he remove the battery and tried another that was fine and then put the original back and it no longer showed the error. So I tried that and guess what no error messages in history. What do we believe????????
2015-5-12
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
United States

Just flew that battery for 7 mins at 1-6 ft. No problem.  
2015-5-12
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Same exact thing here. Received my replacement batt Directly from DJI one full charge checked the history and the same crap showed up. Could it be they are recycling old batts after a long discharge/charge cycle and passing them off as NEW?
2015-5-12
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
United States

Do as I did and put a different battery in and check.  Then put in the one that had the bad history,  mine cleared the history. And flew ok albeit at. Low altitude
2015-5-12
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

I wish DJI would read our forum and somehow comment on the subjects. This is where they come with their knowlage and explain why those things happen. They need to get more people to participate on this Forum. The only one who has been very helpful is Autumm. Its crazy that we have to come up with the answeres on our own.  
2015-5-12
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Lets assume this works. Who do we believe?  Where did these errors come from?
2015-5-12
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

One could hope these messages were generated during the testing phase prior to sale, not that these events actually occurred, but that the error message reporting was tested. DJI has been getting a lot of blowback from users whose batteries had "issues" so maybe they are being more thorough in their pre-sale testing phase...just hoping...
2015-5-13
Use props
niels.p.anderso
New

Latvia

Complete newbie here so don't have input on your history but mine, out of the box, shows 31 items in history.  All normal.  Wondering if I purchased a returned product.  What do you think?

Thanks
2015-9-1
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
United States

niels.p.anderso Posted at 2015-9-1 17:27
Complete newbie here so don't have input on your history but mine, out of the box, shows 31 items in ...

I think the one I had just slipped thru cracks after factory testing and the history wasn't cleared. Been fine ever since. The other battery I bought at the same time was clear.

Keith
2015-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules