FIX FOUND for Bricked TB47's and TB48's
12918 11 2015-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

It appears a fix has been found for those unfortunate enough to have bricked your intelligent flight batteries after the last firmware update.  if you attemp this fix, please be aware of the dangers in tampering with the battery.

The fix:  pop the 4 small tabs on the white cover and gently remove the said cover, disconnect the mini-connector that becomes visible and leave for several minutes.  This seems to power down the battery electronics and enforces a hard reset.  Reconnect the mini connector and re assemble the cover.
The battery should be good to go.

It should be noted that the first charge after this procedure may take a little longer as it will enforce a balance before charging.  It is also recommended that you should hover only for two cycles to be sure that the hard reset is successful.

This is not my fix, I saw it inspire owners FB page, so I cannot take any credit.  but so far, it seems like the majority of people trying the hard reset have been successful.

Good luck.

Jason

2015-5-12
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

NO NO NO. Who wants to fix it yourself? So many will miss out on the joy of sending it off to DJI and being gone for 6-8 weeks.
2015-5-12
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Qatar

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-13 06:47
NO NO NO. Who wants to fix it yourself? So many will miss out on the joy of sending it off to DJI an ...

Thanks for the info!

I have 2 TB48's that each have 1 cell that is considerably lower than the others.
I will try this to see if this can force a balance with all the cells and report back.
I found this video (in German) of a TB47 being taken apart.

If this does fix this battery- It will never be used over water or places where it could cause injuy or damage to property. It will only be used for practice in a very safe place.

Cheers
2015-5-12
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

It is not recommended.
If you take the battery apart like this, there will be some potential risk like short circuit or the protection board will be damaged..
2015-5-18
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-19 11:39
It is not recommended.
If you take the battery apart like this, there will be some potential risk li ...

Hi Autumn,
Is there any NEWS of a new Firmware that will address this issue I have 8 TB48's and  1 TB47 ,
I have not had this issue, but I always charge my batteries to full before I use them?
Thank you in advance
2015-5-18
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

cmontisano Posted at 2015-5-19 12:04
Hi Autumn,
Is there any NEWS of a new Firmware that will address this issue I have 8 TB48's and   ...

Did you contact support and provide the serial numbers of those batteries?
I'm afraid that a firmware could not resolve it.
2015-5-18
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-13 06:47
NO NO NO. Who wants to fix it yourself? So many will miss out on the joy of sending it off to DJI an ...

Nothing like being water boarded as well )
I find it relaxing like a spa treatment @ Bliss....lol
2015-5-18
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-19 14:01
I'm afraid that a firmw ...

Hi DJI-Autumn,

Would it be possible for DJI to publish the serial number range list of batteries effected by this issue, rather than relying on people having to contact support. This would be a much better pro-active way of warning people about the problem.

Thanks
2015-5-18
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

lethbrp Posted at 2015-5-19 15:32
Hi DJI-Autumn,

Would it be possible for DJI to publish the serial number range list of batteries  ...

I don't know. But I'll report it to see whether it's possible.
2015-5-18
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-19 14:01
I'm afraid that a firmw ...

I wasn't aware I should contact them since I am not having this issue, I will wait to see if you can provide a range of serial numbers this was a resent purchase of all 8 TB48's less then two weeks ago. Again I have not seen any issue yet. but I am interested in getting this resolved if my Batteries are affected.
Thank you Autumn
2015-5-19
Use props
dronescan3
New

South Africa

if anyone has an inspire battery which has dud cells, i will buy the circuit board from you, i just need the circuit board, i short circuited mine , my cells are fine, ill pay for shipping and the board.
2016-7-26
Use props
tadphoto
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-18 19:39
It is not recommended.
If you take the battery apart like this, there will be some potential risk like short circuit or the protection board will be damaged..

Maybe if your repair service wasn't such a pain in the butt people wouldn't take them apart.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules