Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A month ago  I heard in several Forum
that Dji will implement Waypoints with Mavic Air?
But till now nothing happens, only Litschi now can with the Air.

2018-5-21
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

I read this as well, and I am still looking forward to it.  But after this last batch of updates, I will not be in the first group to download and update or firmware that allows this.
2018-5-21
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Never going to happen with Mavic air. If you want to use waypoints with the mavic air, purchase Litchi (android), or Autopilot (IOS). Both work great.  Matter of fact they are far superior to DJI GO waypoints. I have both, and prefer the Autopilot with my Ipad over litchi. Do some youtube searches on both products to see how they work.
2018-5-21
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

# Bill B

Thanks for this information!
I will look for those products!
2018-5-21
Use props
Jotne
lvl.3
Norway

Bill B Posted at 2018-5-21 10:09
Never going to happen with Mavic air.

What is your source of that information?
2018-5-21
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

Jotne Posted at 2018-5-21 20:05
What is your source of that information?

I don't really have one, I am just going on an extensive experience with this industry. I was told when I purchased a Yuneec Q500+ that it would support waypoints in an up coming Firmware update. It never did. I know that is not DJI however, My thoughts on this matter and my conclusion is that DJI would have implemented them by now, or released the MA with waypoints, had they intended too. If they do ever include waypoints then we will all be very pleased. I just don't think it will happen. Also DJI has NEVER said to us, hang in there folks, we are getting things together to have waypoints added to the MA. They have been very quiet about it. They also removed the waypoints from the list of items in the product listing, prior to selling it. It was there in one ad, and gone in the next. Was it a typo in the first ad? Don't know, but all of this adds up to no waypoints in the end.  I hope they do, but doubt they ever will.
2018-5-22
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
Netherlands

I can't see why they can't. Litchi can do it so it must be doable. Even if they charged for it alot would by it as an extra.
2018-5-22
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

I think DJI will reserve this for new Mavic pro 2 !
2018-5-22
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

DJI marketing strategy provides people without fulfill the needs. So in my opinion, i will get the mp2 if available and will not touch one like ma or spark. P4p seems too big for travel. At least i did not get suffering with blurry image. I can live with snap or broken ribbon wire but image quality
2018-5-22
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

Heavenone Posted at 2018-5-22 03:54
I think DJI will reserve this for new Mavic pro 2 !

Oh I'm sure that the pro 2 (if there ever is one) would have waypoints added. The original mavic pro does.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for those information. As of the moment the waypoint feature for the Mavic Air is not yet available but rest assure we will send this request to our DJI engineers for further updates. For new updates, new feature or even new drone model / series please try to visit our official website at www.dji.com Thank you.  
2018-5-22
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
Bahamas

Litchi 2.2 appears to support this.  I use Litchi with my P4 and it works great for way point missions.
2018-5-22
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

Bill B Posted at 2018-5-21 10:09
Never going to happen with Mavic air. If you want to use waypoints with the mavic air, purchase Litchi (android), or Autopilot (IOS). Both work great.  Matter of fact they are far superior to DJI GO waypoints. I have both, and prefer the Autopilot with my Ipad over litchi. Do some youtube searches on both products to see how they work.

Perhaps never is a bit strong. Certainly is not going to happen in the near/mid future.
DJI needs to get you to upgrade to the Pro for that and milk you a couple hundred dollars more for something that cost them nothing.
If they would put all their high end features across their line, their revenue will drop. Got to make a living, especially when there is no competition!...
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules