Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Flight Report
1160 1 2015-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I received my P3 Pro today.  After Charging the batteries I performed the 1.1.8 update to both the Phantom & controller.  Booted up the controller & quad.  I set up the settings in the DJI app. (I am using an iPad Air 2.)   I calibrated the compass.
So far so good.

My first hover test flight was indoors.  Surprisingly... It did pick up 12 sattelites indoors.   It seems pretty stable.  Although it drifts around a bit.  I expected the ground sesning camera do do a bit better with maintaining position.  I shot some 4K test footage.  The camera footage is nice.  (Low noise for indoors.)  I did notice the camera drifted in roll after a few minutes.  So the horizon was not level at the end of flight.  This seems to be a problem right now for the P3.  Hopefully a software update will fix that issue soon.  In the mean time it can be temporarily corrected using the gimbal roll calibration setting.

I have NOT performed the IMU calibration yet becasue other have reported various errors after performing the IMU cal.  So far it seems to be flying well without complaing about any errors.

My next flight will be a low altitude (Below 6 feet.) test.  I will post some video soon.  But I want to perform a few more tests before taking it up any higher.

2015-5-12
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I have had the chance to make a few more flights outdoors.  So far so good.  No real issues other than camera leveling.  (Which is easy to correct using the gimbal level adjustment.)

I made a short test video.  I am very impressed with the 4K camera footage. I have posted a 1080P version on YouTube.  (Note the power lines are a lot further away than they appear in the video...)

http://youtu.be/jNBXghKt43E
2015-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules