Osmo on DJI GO with Google Pixel Phone
1979 12 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sestad
lvl.1

Norway

Hi,
Anyone else experiencing issues with getting picture on Google Pixel phone? I bought a used DJI osmo camera\gimbal. When I try to connect all i get up is ''how to connect'' - I am able to get picture showing on my tablet, but I cannot run arround town with a 12'' tablet filming stuff.

Have tried to talk to DJI support, but they have no solution. They concluded that I have to wait for next app update. And even that is no guarantee it will be working....so here I am....with a 299 dollar camera I cant use. These DJI products seems to have a short life span....

Very disapointed....
2018-5-21
Use props
Sestad
lvl.1

Norway

Oh, yeah....and they could not give any estimate on when next app update would be either....so... I might be able to film this summer...but maybe not....useless
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi,

We're very sorry to hear that, If may I ask what specific Osmo and Google Pixel are you using so that I can check what seems to be the problem and if we do have a chance to use or try different mobile device, please try to use for us to isolate the problem. Make sure that we are using compatible device as well, Kindly check our website to see the compatible devices under Osmo.
2018-5-21
Use props
Sestad
lvl.1

Norway

The phone is Google Pixel. It's on Your compability list. The osmo is X3.  As I mention in my first post I have tested it on a tablet and its working. So I know the camera is working. However, that does not help me much. If I cannot use it on a Device that is supposed to be supported its kind of a disaster for DJI I say. What will happen once the camera is 3 years old - will it only work With old Phones? that would be a short life span for such an expencive Product.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

What is the firmware version of your Osmo and are we running latest OS version on your mobile device? Did we manage to uninstall and reinstall the application? Please make sure that the tablet is completely disconnected to the Osmo and try to reset the Wi-Fi of your Osmo as well. Kindly see the video below for resetting the WI-Fi.

2018-5-21
Use props
Sestad
lvl.1

Norway

Tony, I am not sure you read my previous posts:

1. It Works on a tablet. Not on my Phone
2.I did the reset of the wifi With DJI Tech support.
3.I have re-installed the app 3 times on my phone.
4.The firmware on the DJI osmo is the latest one. It was updated when during my chat With Jeff at DJI support.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sorry for that, by the way I sent you a personal message for the things that we need do for us to rectify the problem. Kindly check your inbox. Thanks!
2018-5-21
Use props
Sestad
lvl.1

Norway

So last night a message on my phone said "DJI GO update avalible" - My first tought was, yes maybe Ill be able to use my Osmo now! But off course not, all the update did was updating the new terms and conditions.

I'll spend my money elsewhere in the future.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for updating your status here after the application update and it seems like it still doing the same thing, we are still waiting for the response of your engineers as of the moment but no worries as soon as have the feed from them we will inform you right away. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sestad Posted at 2018-5-22 22:05
So last night a message on my phone said "DJI GO update avalible" - My first tought was, yes maybe Ill be able to use my Osmo now! But off course not, all the update did was updating the new terms and conditions.

I'll spend my money elsewhere in the future.

Hi Sestad, sorry for the inconvenience. From the troubleshooting that you have done, it works on a tablet, then we can know that there is no problem with the Osmo, it may be the connection issue between the Osmo and your Google pixel phone, we have forwarded this to our engineers, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time, appreciate your patience.
2018-5-24
Use props
Sestad
lvl.1

Norway

Any updates?
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Sestad, sorry for the late response, our engineers are checking it, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time, appreciate your patience.
2018-5-29
Use props
SuperMitch55
New

United States

I am having the same problem but with my phantom 2 drone
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules