894 12 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rrandr
New
Flight distance : 144308 ft
Philippines

Hi Everyone,

I have my Mavic pro crashed in the middle of the sea, good thing it as recovered by my good friend who is a diver.
Here's what happened.

We were in a  boat with friends and tried to shoot a video and find the good view of the island im trying to shoot and I did make sure that it was away from the water before flying i had an issue with the phone not able to connect with the drone and don't have even the display even though the controller was able to connect with the drone. Hence I've restarted everything from drone to phone and it worked and was able to get a good GPS signal, so after taking off.. i put the drone fly away from me and suddenly while watching from the phone it automatically disconnects from the live view of the drone and when i saw the drone. it rolled upside down with the smoke flew up on it side and it dived to the sea and when my other friend tried to rescue it, he wasn't able to because the drone's propeller was still spinning and going deeper that's why he wasn't able to retrieve it.

In conclusion, i believe there is a system failure or something and there is no user error.

Here is the only log that i've retrieved from the App , and i cant seems to post url here
and the drone was still under warranty

What would be the best action for this?
2018-5-21
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Curiosity got me on this....

Go to:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
and follow the instruction and post the link to your records.  There are a LOT of people on the forum that can go through and see what happened.  But being that new a drone, I'd start a service ticket through DJI asap.  
2018-5-21
Use props
rrandr
New
Hong Kong

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-5-21 10:01
Curiosity got me on this....

Go to:

this is the only flight record i've got http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/J8RTG1ZFEJLJFRK50G8X/
2018-5-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

This flight cannot be right, shows only 3 entries. If you have care refresh and have the drone like you said send it back to Dji
2018-5-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

when i saw the drone. it rolled upside down with the smoke flew up on it side and it dived to the sea

Am I understanding this correctly.  
The drone turned over to where its props were towards ocean and its belly was towards sky.
You saw smoking coming from one side of drone?

2018-5-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-5-21 10:58
This flight cannot be right, shows only 3 entries. If you have care refresh and have the drone like you said send it back to Dji

The CSV files shows 16 entries, not that it matters much, ending at 1.9-seconds.

Assuming smoke was coming from drone, at least dip in sea put out fire.
2018-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your post is a bit unclear , it starts saying you retrieved drone but goes on to say because of prop spinning it couldn’t be retrieved. Maybe clear this up first.
2018-5-21
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

rrandr Posted at 2018-5-21 10:26
this is the only flight record i've got http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/J8RTG1ZFEJLJFRK50G8X/

Is that an Android phone? Try rebooting it, then you'll probably see more record files.
2018-5-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Two different friends, involved.

One friend (referred to as ''other friend'') couldn't go down deep enough to catch drone as it descended in sea.
Second friend (referred to as ''my good friend'') was a diver who managed to retrieve drone.
2018-5-21
Use props
rrandr
New
Hong Kong

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-21 12:39
Two different friends, involved.

One friend (referred to as ''other friend'') couldn't go down deep enough to catch drone as it descended in sea.

yes you are correct..thanks for explaining and sorry for my bad english
2018-5-21
Use props
rrandr
New
Hong Kong

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-21 11:40
when i saw the drone. it rolled upside down with the smoke flew up on it side and it dived to the sea

Am I understanding this correctly.  

exactly.. and its because it was upside down , it sinks fast with the prop still spinning.. i can see the damage on the side of the drone..
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there @Rrand, sorry to hear for what happen to your aircraft if that the case I would suggest to reach one of our support channels in order to help you with it and start to create you a case/ticket you can just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support and you can choose there between Email, Online Support, and Phone support.
2018-5-21
Use props
Yhodah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6637 ft
United States

I assure you it is possible. Just glad I was not under it.    It flipped upside down and flew inverted Into the ground. So quick it was impossible to believe.  Slowed clip
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules