Propeller came off
1016 8 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve5905t
New
Flight distance : 46 ft
Canada

first flight. All pre flight checks done. Take off and hover. 15 seconds into the flight front right propeller comes off. Mavic Pro crashes. Camera and gimbal destroyed. Sent into DJI. Not covering it. It was less than 48 hrs old. I did everything right. Read the manual. Watched every tutorial. Not happy at all. I didn’t hit anything. Just went straight up and hovered at 25 feet. I can’t believe I have to pay. Anyone else have similar?
2018-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Did you have the right propeller for the right motor?
2018-5-21
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

It's hard for me to imagine that the MP propellers can fall off at all.
If they are mounted correctly and the springs below them are as they should be, they are stuck tight and can not fall off during flight. A propeller can break, but it's something completely different.
2018-5-21
Use props
coliwabl1
lvl.2

United States

Sorry to hear this sad news. Did you purchase the 1 year insurance plan when you activated the Mavic?
2018-5-21
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yup if you purchased refresh you get 1 strike.  Did you?
2018-5-21
Use props
Steve5905t
New
Canada

I double and triple checked everything. I even let it idle for a good 10 seconds before lifting off. I had the drone 2 full days before I even took tried to fly it. I went over everything. It’s a decent amount of money for someone to just carelessly try and fly. Anyways I did buy the dji care plan. I can only assume the propeller was defective? Or the mount? I don’t know. I would think if it wasn’t installed properly it would have come off during the 10 seconds it sat on the ground with all the props spinning. Oh well. I could see it if I hit something or was flying dangerously.
2018-5-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Did DJI say why they were not covering it, being you have DJI care?  
2018-5-21
Use props
Steve5905t
New
Canada

The dji care plan is covering it. I wanted it covered under the warranty. They just said it doesn’t meet warranty criteria.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Steve, I am sorry for your crash. I manage your case number via your forum account. As per the case log, I found that no data analysis has been applied.
I had submitted the data analysis request, please kindly wait for the result.
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules