Phantom 3 Crash & App Won't Connect
1076 4 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TScott35
lvl.1
United States

I crashed my Phantom 3 Standard about a month ago.  It busted the camera and gimble completely, and I plan on installing a new one.  Before I do so, I wanted to make sure that everything else worked.  I started it back up today and the aircraft seems to be functioning fine with the RC.  I am able to lift off and manuver at low altitude manually using the RC alone (no app).  
However, my DJI Go app does not connect.  I do not have the same problem on the app where you cannot get passed the "How to Connect" screen on the app - like many have posted.  I connect to the camera (of course it's black because my camera is disconnected), but the app does not allow any functions to operate it or provide info from the aircraft (e.g., not able to calibrate compass, auto take-off, etc.).  

I have reinstalled the app, but that did not work.  I am able to connect via Wi-Fi to the controller (like normal).  

I am wondering if this may be unrelated to the crash and, for some reason, the app and controller do not recognize each other.  Or, maybe something more is damaged in the aircraft from the crash.  Any thoughts?
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Scott, we're sorry to hear the accident. I'm afraid that the performance cannot be ensured after the crash. Please kindly start a case and send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-21
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

The WIFI module (radio) on the drone is in the camera/gimbal base. Probably damaged too.
2018-5-21
Use props
Droner500
lvl.4

Betamace is right, without the gimbal the app won't connect to the aircraft.
2018-5-22
Use props
TScott35
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyome for your help!
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules