871 2 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
llcr3ll
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does anyone have any data or examples of testing or otherwisee around the redundecy of M600 PRO, ive reached out to DJI but they seem to be great and asnwering just not the question im actually asking.

Im in Australia and working with difficult projects and the approval times are up to 3months at the moment.  Im trying to formulate an exemption for a period in time but they are asking for me to provide proof with my application.

I know the Benifits of adding an D-RTK system in terms of mapping but does anyone happen to know if this adds any redundency to speak of on top of the 3 GPS units on the PRO?

Then if anyone has anything else they can think of that would help me in my applicaton process like adding additional anything please let me know.  

Thanks

2018-5-21
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

Hello,
I can't say for sure but a RTK systems is more like an "add-on" to the current GPS capability of the PRO. Think of it as module that enhances the positional accuracy by sending RTK correction data to the PRO. So in other words, the drone's positional error will be far less. It should know it's exact location within a few centimeters of the real world vs. GPS which can be 1-2 meters off at times. Another added benefit is the EXIF GPS tags on any images will be much higher accuracy thus reducing the potential for ground control points in photogrammetry processing. Thanks,
JP

https://dronemapper.com
2018-5-22
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

DroneMapper says: "Another added benefit is the EXIF GPS tags on any images will be much higher accuracy thus reducing the potential for ground control points in photogrammetry processing".

This is true ONLY for Matrice 210 RTK + DJI cameras (not all) !!

Maurizio
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules