PS3 lost connection mid flight, now won't reconnect
966 9 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spappy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28107 ft
United States

I was flying my PS3 yesterday in the Oregon Cascades.  I was hovering about 850 feet, signals were good, and suddenly I got the dreaded "signal loss" error.  Long story short, the drone went down (luckily in a snow bank and not the rocks). I thought it was lost, went back today and thankfully found it (seemingly unharmed), but now I can't get the controller to link to the bird.  When I open the DJI GO app, I get a "weak controller signal" warning.  The light stays red on the RC, and I've tried everything under the sun to reset it and/or attempt to get it to connect to the drone.  Any help would be appreciated.
2018-5-21
Use props
Droner500
lvl.4
United States

Try linking the rc, for a while I couldn't get mine to connect just like yours and this fixed it.
Here is a video by DJI explaining how to do so:
2018-5-21
Use props
Spappy
lvl.2
United States

Yep, did that-numerous times.  Still nada.
2018-5-21
Use props
Spappy
lvl.2
United States

That's why I contacted dji support...
2018-5-21
Use props
ArgenBrewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18638 ft
Argentina

Why did he fall for a signal loss and did he not do an RTH?
2018-5-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Refresh the firmware, then try relinking again.
2018-5-22
Use props
Spappy
lvl.2
United States

I will try that.  Thank you
2018-5-22
Use props
Spappy
lvl.2
United States

ArgenBrewer Posted at 2018-5-22 04:55
Why did he fall for a signal loss and did he not do an RTH?

After I got the "signal lost" error, the RC never regained connection with the drone.  I attempted RTH several times, but without the RC and drone communicating, all I got were error messages.
2018-5-22
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

Spappy Posted at 2018-5-22 15:14
After I got the "signal lost" error, the RC never regained connection with the drone.  I attempted RTH several times, but without the RC and drone communicating, all I got were error messages.

I think the point of his question was on loss of signal, the drone should have done a RTH on it's own. It should not have just crashed.  That makes me think something else is going on. Unless there is more to the story of the crash.
2018-5-22
Use props
Spappy
lvl.2
United States

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-5-22 16:13
I think the point of his question was on loss of signal, the drone should have done a RTH on it's own. It should not have just crashed.  That makes me think something else is going on. Unless there is more to the story of the crash.

I had just finished doing a panorama, and the AC was hovering about 850' when I got the "signal lost" error.  When we found the AC the next day, it was upside down on a snow bank.  The battery was partially dislodged, which one would expect if it fell from the sky.  I was initially under the impression that it lost signal and was going to hover until the battery reached critical level, then auto-land.  (Right after I got the signal loss error I checked the settings and the default signal loss action was set to "hover" instead of "RTH" where I normally have it set).  I was surprised to find that the battery still had 3 bars, which told me it didn't hover until the battery died.  Now the REAL question: did the battery become dislodged midflight, and cause all the subsequent problems, or did the battery become dislodged as the result of it falling from the sky?  If the battery did not come loose mid flight and cause the crash, why the sudden loss of signal and subsequent inability of the AC and RC to link back up?
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules