774 9 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cavecrawler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53219 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I have recently been experiencing poor video feed from my P3S. The feed seems really glitch and suffers with time lag. The drone still flies fine and is fully responsive. I have just reloaded the app to see if that works and have also purchased a parabolic range extender to go on the controller to also see if that helps. Yet to try is to see what the outcome is.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you cure it?
I'm using an iphone 5s with the controller currently.

Thanks,
2018-5-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What kind of range do you get when this happens?
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

I'm sorry about that how ever can you upload a sample video here so that we will have a better visualization as well.
Thank you.
2018-5-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Is it the live feed from copter via radio to your phone?  How wide is your parabolic mirror on the radio? Does it cover the inside WIFI antenna pads or are they free?
Did you switch your phone in to the airplane mode and enabled the hardware decoding?
You may look for all points in mentioned.
2018-5-22
Use props
Cavecrawler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-5-22 03:50
What kind of range do you get when this happens?

Hiya, Range doesn't seem to be affected nor the control of the drone itself. The video feed is affected at short range as well as further out.
2018-5-23
Use props
Cavecrawler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-5-22 08:00
I'm sorry about that how ever can you upload a sample video here so that we will have a better visualization as well.
Thank you.

Ill see if I can get some footage next time around. The writing to the SD card is fine and no issues there. Its the live feed from the drone to the phone. It appears as if the image freezes from time to time and then refreshes in a wave down the screen.
2018-5-23
Use props
Cavecrawler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2018-5-22 09:20
Is it the live feed from copter via radio to your phone?  How wide is your parabolic mirror on the radio? Does it cover the inside WIFI antenna pads or are they free?
Did you switch your phone in to the airplane mode and enabled the hardware decoding?
You may look for all points in mentioned.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. yes its the live feed. I haven't used the parabolic as yet, still waiting for this to be delivered after ordering it to see if it would fix the issue. I don't switch to airplane mode whilst flying, will that help? I also haven't enabled hardware decoding to my knowledge and would have to check.
2018-5-23
Use props
Cavecrawler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cavecrawler Posted at 2018-5-23 03:51
Hiya, Range doesn't seem to be affected nor the control of the drone itself. The video feed is affected at short range as well as further out.

Also worth adding that I didn't have an issue until my most recent update of the DJIgo app. I also read elsewhere that deleting the app and then reinstalling may help so have done that too. Just need to get out and see if that has now made a difference.
2018-5-23
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

You can enable the hardware decoding via Go app. The airplane mode serve you to fly the bird without disturbance from the incoming call and saves processing power of the CPU. ....and very important is that the WIFI pads left and right from the control antenna inside the RC shell are not covered.
2018-5-23
Use props
Cavecrawler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2018-5-23 13:46
You can enable the hardware decoding via Go app. The airplane mode serve you to fly the bird without disturbance from the incoming call and saves processing power of the CPU. ....and very important is that the WIFI pads left and right from the control antenna inside the RC shell are not covered.

Thanks Peter,
have checked the hardware decoding and this is on. Will now switch on the airplane mode when flying to see if that helps.

Planning to fly again this weekend so will let you know how I get on!

dave
2018-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules