MS Queen Victoria docked at Killybegs, Co. Donegal, Ireland
823 3 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

Here is a short video i took in relation to the panorama i posted here of the MS Queen Victoria docking at Killybegs, Co. Donegal, Ireland.

The video is far from perfect as the wind was blown at a steady 18.6mph and i probably shouldn't have risked it, but i got up at 5am to drive 2 hours to see the ship ;)
As the P4 flies from the stern to the bow i had to speed up the video by 1.5 times as the P4 was only able to do 2mph due to the strong head wind and kept blown it off course so you will see constant adjustments to keep it on course.

@1:32 you will see huge cylinders lying on the dock, these are the base towers for wind turbines.

2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

That was really awesome! Capturing the video was really like a PRO. The ship was really huge and wonderful. Keep it up!
2018-5-22
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

"the smallest of Cunard's ships in operation.

Queen Victoria's facilities include seven restaurants, thirteen bars, three swimming pools, a ballroom, and a theatre

2,081 passengers, Crew: 900"

It's going to be a bit crowded on those life boats if they are ever needed, especially if they can only launch one side!
-
"Propulsion: Two ABB Azipods (2 × 16.7 MW)" - that would need several of the wind turbines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Queen_Victoria
2018-5-22
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome, looks like the drive was worth it.
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules